woman's pain

Friends Forever
Yamada POV
 
"looks like we are gonna play soccer with class 3A for physical training lesson today" Yuto joked to his class.
 
"seems so..."Chinen said excitedly.
 
"we're gonna win class 3A any day. they are better at studies but not in sports" Mirai giggled.
 
"Hey~ Mirai, you're not mocking us are you?" Suzuka and Miku joked.
 
"though we're one man short now, we won't lose, right class?" kento motivated his class 3A.
 
while chatting by the side with Chinen, i am finally drawn back to the situation when i heard "one man short"... just about the same time, I found it odd that Umika didn't come say hi to me. I look around for her but she's no where to be seen.
 
"That's weird~ is she sick? I thought I saw her in school today" I talked to myself.
 
"you can ask Suzuka and Miku~" Chinen pushed me towards them. I'm always a little shy when it comes to approaching girls. well, even in my own class, I can only confidently say I'm totally comfortable to Mirai cause I acted with her before when we were young. and as for Umika, she's probably the only girl I am totally comfortable with .. haha.. because I never thought of her as a girl.... only sometimes, she makes me really nervous. that nervous feeling alone makes me confuse since I've no idea why I feel that way. 
 
Chinen's push made me lose my footing and luckily I managed to stop in time or I'll crash into the girls.
 
"woah..." the girls exclaim in shock, then giggled.
 
"what's up yamada-kun?"
 
"errr, do you know where's Umika? I thought she's in school" I stammered. 
 
they responded with a giggle, "she's in a messy situation right now...she's sitting in the auditorium"
 
"heh? maybe I go check on her" I turned my back and was about to walk towards the auditorium.
 
"Chotto~ there's not much you can help, yamada-kun~" what's so funny, why are they giggling nonstop. is it me? it must be.
 
"no worries, I'll just see how it goes" I smiled.
 
"Chinen! help me tell sensei I am going to the washroom."
 
"okay!" Chinen replied.
 
"Chinen-kun, i think yamada-kun will soon be stepping into a mines field" Miku said with laughter.
"really? woah, I hope he'll survive it" Chinen giggled though he doesn't quite understand what Miku meant.
 
I looked and looked, and finally i located a girl crouching in a corner. Though her head is hidden between her knees, I can recognise her anywhere.
 
"Umika! Daijoubu?" I patted her back when I walked close.
 
"woah, is it that hot? you are sweating, and you don't look so good." I was shocked when she revealed her face. My fingers ran on her forehead to wipe off some of the sweat.
 
"I'm okay. Go for class" she pushed my hand away.
 
Something is wrong. She's grinding her teeth, it is like she's in pain, but she's not saying anything.
 
"Come, I bring you to the nurse's office. She'll help" I grabbed her arms and attempted to pull her up.
 
"I said I'm FINE, Ryosuke. Don't disturb me, just GO" she forcefully shook off my hand.
"What the heck~ disturbing you?! woah, seriously... you really peeve me off. this is the price to pay for being kind. Whatever you wish ~ Umika-san" I stomped off, fuming in anger. I can vaguely hear above all the cheering, her soft mumur, "Gomene~". But, that's not gonna appease my anger.
 
I pushed my way through the crowd and stood beside Chinen and the rest who are preparing for the friendly match with class 3A.
 
"someone is reaching boiling point" Yuto whispered to his class. I gave him a deadly stare.
 
"yamachan~ what's wrong?" Chinen asked.
 
"I told ya' he will step into her mindsfield... I warned you" Suzuku and Miku came over when they heard Chinen ask.
 
"What's wrong with her... a serious case of woking up on the wrong side of bed." I said frustratedly.
 
"hmmm... yea, it is part of the monthly affair." Miku added.
 
"heh? monthly?" Chinen said.
 
"You guys both have sisters, you mean you don't know about this monthly pain?" Suzuka responded sarcastically.
"nande?! she's having cramps? but I thought she never have such problems, so i never thought of it."
 
"yea, as far as I know Umika, she has never experienced such unendurable cramps. That's her first, I guess." Miku replied.
 
"that explains everything. My elder sister has this mood swing issue every month and everytime her period starts, none of us will come close to her." i remarked.
 
"luckily, my sister doesn't have these side effects" Chinen laughed.
 
"Shhh~ sensei is looking at you guys" Yuto jerked my hand and we all turned towards sensei and paid 100% attention.
 
...
 
"woah! Yamachan, you bathe really fast today.. why the rush?" the guys from my class asked.
 
"I have something to attend to. See you" I grabbed my bag and rushed out.
 
"Don't forget the practice later" Chinen and Yuto shouted.
 
"I won't" I ran as I replied.
 
When I went to the auditorium, she's not there. I rang her number on my phone, hoping she will pick up.
after a few rings.... the call got through
 
"Umika, where are you?"
 
"Ryosuke~ I am in the female toilet on the top floor~"
 
"Are you okay? You sound very weak."
 
"I'm not okay~ it's so painful I feel like dying"
 
"okay okay, you stay there. I'll come over"
 
"heh?! no no, help me get Miku and Suzuka~"
 
"Too much of a hassle. I'll come over now.. stay there" and I plugged the phone down, ignoring the fact that she is still saying something. Hate to trouble me, that's why she asked for Miku and Suzuka... why so courteous all of a sudden.
 
I almost dashed into the female toilet until i remembered that there may be girls inside. It'll be too awkward a situation for me to be found busting into the female toilet.
 
I stood outside for a minute or 2,..... no movement... I looked around, and it seemed like there is no one too... Umika really chose a deserted spot in the school.
 
I peeped in and there really isn't anyone, except one occupied cubicle. I entered the toilet and quickly locked the maindoor behind me.
 
 
"Umika..."
 
"Ryosuke?"
 
"Open the door..."
 
and the door slightly opened. her head bobbed out and asked," what the hell are you doing? if anyone finds you here, you'll be in deep ."
 
"well, i verfied and locked the main door before i came in"  I pushed the door to her cubicle wider and pulled her onto the bench outside of the toilet.
 
 
Umika POV
 
He sat beside me and took out a warm pack. He suddenly pressed the warm pack on my tummy and has his hand stayed on top of the pack.
 
"Ryosuke?!" I was shocked and at the same time feel extremely shy.
 
"This will definitely help ease the pain. I saw my sisters use it, so it must work" he looked into my eyes and smiled.
 
"how did you know I...?"
 
"well, my 2 sisters experienced it, so I do know a little... but i didn't think you have this problem, so I didn't think of it immediately"
 
"I see" His hand, along with the pack, did ease the pain slightly. but it also made my cheeks flush.
 
"your face is so red... are you running a fever?" he placed his free hand on my forehead.
 
ahhh, why am i feeling so nervous around him these days. he must stop doing all these. I gently move both his hands away from me
 
"sorry for shouting at you just now... and thanks for coming" 
 
"you're definitely having fever - HAHA. why are you so polite to me all of a sudden. the cramps must be making you alittle senile... but anyway, i accept that... just sit and rest a while" he smiled.
 
"feeling better? can you walk?" he asked after we sat silently for a few minutes.
 
"yeah, much better, thanks to you. I can walk"

"that's a relief. I'll walk you back home.... oh, is anyone at home?"
 
"nope. My parents are out for work... and it's okay, I can walk home myself. the pain is not that bad now"
 
just as i said that, a sharp pain strike me.
 
I bit my lips and I think he noticed - that's how well we understand each other.
 
"Let's go" he held my arms and walked me back to my house. Especially at times like this, I feel really fortunate to have known him. He is so dependable and comforting... no wonder so many girls yearn to be with him. I am really lucky that he is my ..... best friend.... nothing less.... nothing more? I looked at him as I thought to myself.