Undeserving fans

Friends Forever

Umika POV

 
Miku and I crowd around my phone, listening to the scene happening right in the principal office of sky east high.
 
both of us are so nervous and worried, we were grabbing each other's hands tight.
 
I'm not sure about Miku, but if something is gonna happen in the office, I'll not hesitate to run there now even though I haven't fully recovered. 
 
/flashback/
 
"Moshi Moshi. Daichan, what's up?" I received a call from Daiki.
 
"Umika! how are you feeling? better?"
 
"er... slightly... but how did you know...?"
 
"Yamada and Chinen were talking to Johnny-san a while ago, so the rest of us found out about it. "
 
"what did Johnny-san say?! is he angry?!"
 
"well, that you don't have to worry...he's not angry with you, especially knowing how important you girls are to the two of them...those girls will probably be in big trouble after today"
 
"what?! why?!"
 
"yamada and Chinen are going to sky east high now to see the principal. they are looking at punishing those girls for the harm they inflicted on you."
 
"what?!!! will they get into any trouble... will things blow up?!"
"don't worry, I'll be there with them. well, the group asked me to keep an eye on them, so trust me on this"
 
"arigatou Daichan!"
 
"you're welcome."
 
"er... daichan, could you do me a favor...."
/end of flashback/
....
Yamada POV
 
Chinen, Daiki and I walked into sky east and we felt like a billion pair of eyes staring at us.
 
loud murmurs can be heard as we walked past groups and groups of girls, some even came up to us and ask for autographs and photos.
 
but we politely declined with the help of one of our company staff who accompanied us along.
 
as we approached the principal office, I recalled just moments ago...
 
/flashback/
"Johnny-san, our friends got hurt because of our fans yesterday. could you please help us punish these bullies" I asked with Chinen beside me, while the rest of Jump stood behind dumbfounded by my sudden announcement.
 
"your friends? is it just normal friends or there's more to it" I must admit, Johnny-san is really good at guessing. he must have already know about Miku.
 
"Gomenasai~ I didn't mean to keep it from you, Johnny-san. she's my girlfriend" Chinen looked down with a guilty-strickened face
 
"I see. Chinen, you are already 20... if you wanna go into a relationship, feel free. you just have to let us know, so that we're in the loop of things...so how's your girlfriend."
 
"she's fine, just minor cuts"
 
"but my friend is not okay! her whole body is bruised. those girls really tortured the hell out of her and even humiliated her" I interrupted.
 
"heh? what?! yamada, you're talking about Umika?!" Daichan stood up and the rest were also shocked by my account.
 
"you are saying your childhood friend, Kawashima Umika?"Johnny knew about my relationship with Umika for a very long time since the two of us spend alot of time together... he particularly noticed her when she got bullied when we first entered high school, and Johnny helped us resolved the whole issue by allowing me to address my friendship over magazine interviews and all.
 
"hai~ please do something about it~ I don't wanna see another person get hurt. these inhumane bullies cannot go scot free!"
 
"chill yamada-kun. we are not the police so I can't punish those girls."
 
"so you want me to go the police? fine, I will! anything to safeguard my friends!"
 
"Chotto matte! you will end up blowing this out of proportion and it'll hurt the whole group... I know you feel worried about your friends, but don't be rash!" Yabu grabbed me.
 
"as usual, Yabu is right. don't be rash and end up hurting the whole group... I am not saying you look for the police, what I meant is I can't do any form of punishment to those girls... but... you guys can"
 
"heh?!" every Jump member exclaimed.
 
"you mean we beat them up?!" hikaru asked.
 
"Baka hikaru!" Yuya hit his head.
 
"thanks Yuya. what I really meant is these girls are your fans... they'll listen to you, don't you think. and with you guys reprimanding them, it'll be much more of a punishment than any other forms of punishment. I'll leave it to you guys to decide what to do, but please don't stir any problems. no PHYSICAL punishment!"
 
"arigatou Johnny-san" Chinen said
 
"heh? I don't get it" I feel confuse.
 
"Chinen-kun, you explain to dear Yamada okay"
 
"hai~"
 
/end of flashback/
 
and here we are...
 
we pushed opened the door to the principal office and he welcomed us warmly.
 
"welcome welcome to sky east high. our school is honored to receive you guys today. is there anything I can help you guys with."
 
"yes, sir. I'm Arioka Daiki and this is yamada Ryosuke and Chinen yuri. and this is one of our staff, Suzuki-san... we're here to seek your assistance in a serious matter"
 
"yesterday night, 7 of your graduating female students were involved in a bullying 2 of our friends from Horikoshi High. one of them sustained minor cuts, but the other suffered much worst. as principal of sky east, we hope you could do something about it. bullying is a serious matter, isn't it, sir?" Daiki added
 
"h~hai. but they're graduating in a month" the principal stammered as he speak.
 
"so because of that, you'll not punish them? sir, are you afraid of the reputation of the school more than the morals of your students?" I said.
 
"of course not.." he avoided my eyes.
 
"defending your students even after knowing that they do something so horrible~ it's tragic that sky east has an educator like you who teach nothing more than what is written in books." I continued to attack him.
"yamada-san..."
 
"if you're not going to do anything about it, then we'll reveal these to the press, and let the press decide how they wanna write their article. needless to say, your school will definitely be put in a bad light. our school will definitely take action against sky east as well."
 
"yamada-san, please" he clutched hold of my hand and beg.
 
"help us pick out those girls and we'll speak to them personally." Daiki said.
 
"o~okay"
 
apparent there was a history of girl gangs in this school and it didnt take long for the school to pick out the 7 attackers.
 
"heh?!!! OMG Daiki, yamada, Chinen!!!!you guys are here to see us?" the 7 of them crowded around us and were shaking our hands passionately.
 
"Chotto matte~" Suzuki-san wanted to get them to step away from us but I gave her a smile to reassure him that it's fine.
 
"after what you girls did yesterday night, don't you feel a little guilty in front of us?" Chinen finally spoke with sarcasm
 
"heh?" the leader of the gang looked in confusion.
 
"you girls are pathetic~" I added.
 
"yesterday night~ u mean the 2 girls? Miku~ and that~ other girl?"
 
"you don't even know the other girl's name and you beat the hell out of her?!!!" I stepped towards the leader and she backed up until she hit the wall. I looked at her sternly and grabbed her wrist.
 
"Itai Itai yamada-kun, you're scaring me."
 
"what a joke! a big bully like you is scared of a little intimidation from me?"
 
"we~ we just didnt want Chinen-kun to be pestered by Miku-san."
 
"who are you to decide our personal lives! "
 
"Miku is my girlfriend! if you hurt her means you're hurting me too!!!! what's more, you hurt our friend, Yamachan's best friend... this is unforgivable!" Chinen finally lost his cool.
 
"Chinen~" I turned back and see tears in his eyes.
 
"gomene Yamachan for dragging her into this."
 
"yamada-kun, please forgive us. we meant no harm"
"you meant no harm? seriously? listen, we don't need fans like you girls who interfere with our lives and hurt the people who matter to us. every finger you lay on them is a stab right into our hearts. if you dare hurt them again, I'll make sure every single one of our fans know of your evil and soon everyone will know about you girls."
 
the leader knelt in front of me and beg me for forgiveness.
 
"I'll do anything you say, please don't do that.i'll say sorry to Miku and her .."
 
"no need for that. I don't want her to dirty her eyes to look at you girls... don't ever show up in front of us or our friends!"
 
"arigatou yamada-kun" she stammered.
 
I signaled Daiki and Chinen out of the office, but before I exited, I gave the principal a stare and said, "I trust that you'll do what is right, sir. don't put down the spirit of education"
 
once out if the school, Chinen bend down and cried.
 
"What's wrong? everything is settled~ why are you crying?" I asked, while Daiki pat his back.
 
"yamachan, I can't even protect the girl I loved. if it wasn't for me, Umika won't be hurt. just now, I feel so useless as well. "
 
"Chinen~" I wanted to comfort him but someone else interrupted.
 
"Chinen!!!!" Miku ran towards us and threw herself over Chinen.
 
"arigatou! honto arigatou for standing up for our love!"
 
"Miku~"
the two lovebirds finally smiled in each other's embrace 
 
"see, you managed to protect your love" I whispered in his ears. Daiki and I exchanged glances and patted each other's back.
 
"Umika?" Miku suddenly released herself from Chinen's arms and looked around.
 
"heh?" the three of us looked at Miku in confusion.
 
"we ran here together as we listened to your conversation in the office... but then she's not here now."
 
"heh?! I'll look for her. you guys go ahead" I signaled to the rest and dashed off.
 
I looked around but I see no sign of her.
 
but wait, there's a shadow in the alley just beside us.
 
I approached closer and heard a girl's cries.
 
"Umika?!" I ran forward and saw her crouching in a corner, crying like there's no tomorrow.
 
"what's wrong! don't scare me... is it painful?! why did you come out?! you haven't even recovered. don't cry" I pulled her into my arms and hugged her tightly to stop her tears.
 
"Ryosuke~" she cried in my arms. her arms rubbed against my back and again I feel a fluffy feeling in my heart.
 
"what's wrong~ I'm here, so you don't have to be scared"
 
she pulled back a little and looked into my eyes.
 
"you can tell me anything~" i asked.
 
"betsuni~" she leaned her head on my shoulders.
 
"arigatou~" she whispered in my ears.
 
Umika POV
 
Ryosuke, 
you're always standing for me whenever something happens. back there in the office, all those words you said, made me realise that I am truly blessed with a friend that I can depend on for a long time... if it's for you, I don't mind doing anything for you.
 
arigatou Yamada Ryosuke
 
I hugged him wholeheartedly and let my whole body relax in his arms. I hope this moment last forever and ever.... I hope our friendship last an eternity.