✿8 - Hospital...

Flower Girl | ❝ 꽃 파는 여자 ❞

“Bye ajumma!” Hyosung said while walking out the shop but her aunt didn’t reply back as she was too busy with the papers. Hyosung walked to school as usual.

“Hey, you!” A familiar voice called and Hyosung turned around. “I need to talk to you!”

“But I don’t want to talk to you!” Hyosung said and ran away as fast as she could from Myungsoo, she never want to talk to him otherwise people will start threatening her (especially the fan girls).

The day at school for Hyosung was normal, she tried her best avoiding Myungsoo.

(Lunch time, Hyosung POV)

I walked up the stairs to the balcony as normal to eat my lunch by myself… The air was fresh today, I sat down on the bench and ate my kimbap, that I made.

“BOO!”

“Arghhh!” I screamed in shock, “What the?!” I turned around and saw Woohyun laughing his off. “Yah! What do you think you’re doing?!”

“HAHAHAHA! You should had seen your face!” He said half laughing.

“That’s not funny!”

“Haha..Sorry..haha..” he apologized still half laughing, he sat next to me while drinking his juice. “Here..” he said while giving his other unopened juice, “It’s for getting to detention the other day…” I took the juice and drank it since I was thirsty.

“Thanks...” I said and he smiled. At that moment the school bell rang, I packed my stuff and quickly walked back inside leaving Woohyun by himself.

.

.

(Afterschool)

Hyosung was putting her books and other stuff in her locker.

“Yah!” Myungsoo said while leaning against the locker next to Hyosung’s.  “I still need to talk to you!”

“Well I don’t need to talk to you~!” Hyosung said while walking away but he grabbed her hand and pulled her to a more private place.

“Yah!” Hyosung said annoyed and pulled her hand away from his grip. “What are you doing?!”

“You, how could you-“

*ring ring ring*

Myungsoo got interrupted by Hyosung’s phone call.

“Wait a sec” Hyosung said while digging out her phone which made Myungsoo irritated. “yeoboseyo?...........Hospital?!...........uh..?...” suddenly tears staring falling down on Hyosung’s face and Hyosung ended the call.

“Hyosung?...”

“………My aunt had a heart attack…..” Hyosung cried, “Ettoeke…?! She’s my only family…”

“Calm down, I’ll take you to the hospital,” Myungsoo said and held her and got into a taxi, Hyosung wouldn’t stop crying so Myungsoo held her hand the whole way through. When they got there Hyosung went straight to the receptionist and then to her aunt’s room, the doctor was coming out at the same time.

“Doctor! How is she?! Is she okay?!” Hyosung cried.

“Ah! Oh your aunt is doing fine for now but she has to be hospitalized until she gets better…you can go and see her if you wish…” he said. Hyosung went straight in the room (while Myungsoo waited outside) where her aunt laid on the bed looking very poorly, as Hyosung went nearer to her she cried even more.

“Ajumma….”

“Hyosung-ah…Why are you crying? Aish! Your eyes are red, I’m okay, don’t worry!~”

“Ajumma….!” Hyosung said while kneeling down so that they were at the same eye level-ish..        

“Aigoo….Gwaenchanha! You don’t have to worry about me… it’s you that I’m worried about…”  

“Waeyo” Hyosung asked while wiping her tears away with the back of her hand

“You are still underage to live by yourself…”

“And...”

“So you have to live with your mom’s best friend, you may remember her, Mrs. Kim Jihyun…”

“Mrs. Kim Jihyun?...” ‘That sounds familiar…’  Hyosung thought.

“You are going to live with them until I get better, okay?”

“Ne…”

“Oh and I need you to look after the flower shop for me, now go and pack your bags, you have to move there immediately, some social worker will bring you to their house,” she ordered and Hyosung said her farewell and meet Myungsoo who just stood up and walked towards her.

Hyosung’s POV

“Hey, are you okay? Is your aunt doing okay? Was your aunt awake? What did she say?” Myungsoo asked all in one go.

“Yeah…I’m okay, she said she’s okay and I have to move house…today…” I said looking down.

“Move house?!” Myungsoo said shocked.

“Yeah, I have to go, anyway thanks for bringing me here….” I said and walked away.

----

As soon as I got home I packed my bags and soon the doorbell rang, so I went downstairs to open the door, not to my surprise the social worker was there, I quickly changed into my causal dress with a woolly cardigan and a brown side bag. He took me to the my mom’s best friend’s house, she had a lot of friends back then so i don’t know where I’m going but I don’t care so I took a nap in his car.            

---

“Yah! Aren’t you going to wake up?” I heard a voice, I slowly opened my eyes and gradually my vision was coming to sight, the sun was bright so I rubbed my eyes and heard the person laugh at me, it sounded familiar so I looked at the person, “Surprised?” My eyes widened…..