✿6 - The Party

Flower Girl | ❝ 꽃 파는 여자 ❞

(Saturday)

Hyosung stretched her body on the bed as the sunlight shone through her window; she got up and had a quick shower then dressed in an oversized NY shirt with a white printed hearts denim shorts then she put her hair in a messy bun and put a faint of eyeliner and mascara.

“Aunt I’m going to buy a dress for today. Okay?” Hyosung asked her aunt who was busy flipping through pages.

“Okay but can you organize those flowers first and I’ll give you money, hurry up,” her aunt ordered and Hyosung went towards the flowers and did as what her aunt told her. 

The bell rang as someone came in the shop.

(Hyosung POV)

“Hello.. urm.. This is the money from those pink rose and calla lily bouquet last time” Huh? That’s a familiar voice… I turned around and found Myungsoo at the cashier talking with my aunt.

I noticed he was coming towards me so I quickly finished my last flower and tried to run out the shop but a hand had grabbed my arm. 

“Hey!” aish! What does he want? “Why do you keep ignoring me?” I released my arm from his grip and walked out the shop, ignoring his questions and headed to the mall. I don’t know why I hate him but I just do and his ‘friends’, I don’t care if they are all good looking or rich but hey are just really spoilt and rude! 

I walked around the mall loking for dresses that i could wear for the party tonight but myungsoo's sitution keeps on coming back to my mind like a floating sponge ball in water. Just shop! I told myself. probably im just hungry?..I thought and walked to Starbucks and ordered a Hojicha Frap and a muffin. After finishing it i walked back and looked for a dress. 

---

It was 2:45 when I got home from the shopping mall, there was no one in the house, I guess my aunt is downstairs in the shop… We were going to the party 6:00. I brought a black dress. I wonder how it will like, *sigh* I fell on my soft bed and closed my eyes for a while.

---

(FINALLY ARRIVED AT THE PARTY!)

Wow… was all I could say, their house was HUGE, it could fit 300 elephants in here! Okay over exaggerated but I mean it’s so big I have never seen a house this big! Seriously! XO I and my aunt were “escorted” (there’s a word I never said in my life…) to the hall where I saw all the rich people were chatting together with wine in their hands…

“Yah… Why are you so surprised?” My aunt asked me while grabbing a wine from the waiter who past us by.

“Their house is HUGE!” I exclaimed

“Hahaha Hyosung-ah… Don’t embarrass me okay!” My aunt said and walked away while drinking some wine and went to chat with people.

“Ajumeoni! Don’t leave me!” I said but I accidently bump into someone.  

“Yah! Watch where you’re going! Aish” he sounded angry.

“Joesonghabnida…”I said and bowed.

“Wait! You?!” he said in shock, I looked up and to my surprise it was MYUNGSOO! He looked at me up and down in shock.. “You look different……..” It was embarrassing so I turned around to walk away but he grabbed my arm. “Yah! Where are going?”

“Away from you!”  

“Yah! Stop avoiding me!”

“No!” I said, I didn’t want him to see me, he’s going to tell everyone, my true identity will be revealed and I hate having attention!

“Myungsoo-ah…?” I heard his mom call him, he quickly removed his grip from my arm. “Omo! Chae Hyosung-ah? Is it really you?”

 “Ne…?” I said quite shocked, how does she know my name when Myungsoo, himself who is in my class, doesn’t even know my name! Suddenly she hugged me, I was quite surprised.

(Myungsoo POV)

Chae Hyosung?... That name sounds familiar…

“It’s been a long time!” my mom said still hugging her tightly, she looked like she could hardly breathe which kinda made her cute… NO what am I thinking?! “Myungsoo-ah don’t you remember her?!” my mom said turning to me, she had a confused face and so did I.

“Aniyo…” I said confused and studied her face but she looked away. Is she blushing?! OMG she is! Isn’t she?!...

“She was your best friend, remember? But she moved to Gangnam District!” That’s when it hit me!

(Flashback)

“Seoul… the most boring place for a 7 year old kid to live in.. *sigh*” I said while kicking the midair at the park, I rather stay at home and play my PS3!

“RUNNN!!” I heard a girl voice behind me, I turned around but she suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me with her. We ran and ran through the wood and we finally stopped out of breath behind a big tree.

“Yah! What *pant* are *pant* you tryin-“

“Shhh!” she interrupted me and put her index finger on my lips, how dare she touch me?! We were strangers! Then I heard a few children’s about 7 or 8 chatting angrily, what exactly did this girl do? She’s trouble!   

 “Yah! That little girl! How dare she take my chocolate!” the fat one said.

“Aish! I think we lost her! Let’s go!” the thin one said. They finally left and her finger was still on my lips so I slapped her hands away.

“Ow!” she pouted.

“What are you doing? Trying to get beaten up those kids?!” I yelled, she just looked down sadly, I felt guilty. “*sigh* Hey…Sorry for yelling at you but it’s really not safe to do that, you could get beaten up!”

“You care about me?” she smiled and I slightly blushed.

“That’s not how I meant!” I said looking away, she laughed then fiddled in her bag and took out a bar of chocolate.

“Here, let’s share the chocolate” She said while breaking it half and passed me one.

“Thanks…” I said and ate it.

“Hey, I’m Chae Hyosung!”

“I’m Kim Myungsoo”

We became very close friends after that always did everything together, if someone picked on her I would defend her and if anybody picked on me…well they usually didn’t because I was popular. We were best friends until we were 9 years old, she moved away to Gangnam.. I was really sad. Before she left she gave me a phone charm, I kept it safe but as life went on I forgot everything about her, I couldn’t remember her face or her name but I remembered she was a special friend in my life.

(END OF FLASHBACK) 

I was really shocked and she looked like she was shocked as well.

“Anyways, how’s your parents?” mom asked but she looked sad.

“They…Passed away...” she said, they passed away? She doesn’t have parents?! Ah…

“Ah…I am sorry to hear that…” mom said sadly, her mom and my mom were best friends from high school. “Well you guys talk while I go and talk to other people, okay!” she said and left us.

“I have to go and find my aunt…” Hyosung said her voice sounded like she was about to cry, she walked away but i grabbed her hand. "Wait hoysung-ah.." 

"Myungsoo.. here.." She said and truned back to her me while handing the panda phone charm i took it and looked her, her eyes was filing with tears and truned to walk away, " Oh and you don't have to act like you know me.. Just stay the way things are at school" she said and walked away before i could say anything

(Hyosung POV)

I quickly walked away since tears started to fill my eyes, aish where is the bathroom, I thought while wiping my tears with my hand. Finally I found the bathroom and fixed my face then went to find my aunt as I did I tried to avoid Myungsoo, it was to awkward and embarrassing to face him again.

I found my aunt; she looked like she was searching for me too.

“Hyosung! There you are! Aish, where were you?”

“I was wit-

“I don’t care, let’s go home now, it’s getting late”  she said before I could even finish, she looked a bit drunk but I didn’t care I just wanted to go home as well.

We finally got and I was really tired! *sigh* I fell on my bed after I changed and washed up. I wonder what Myungsoo thought about the way I dressed, I usually don’t dress like that well I don’t look like one that would dress like that, I hope he won’t tell anyone! I prayed hard and fell asleep.