Chapter 33

Always with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the mid of May when Hongki made news in the social media. Some paparazzi have caught him on camera coming in and out of the hospital with a wound in his head. Someone has followed him to Dr. Min’s room, has taken a photo, and has uploaded it as a reply to the previous news. With that, the real reason behind the disbandment of FTISLAND came into question. Some people were speculating Hongki has gone to meet a psychiatrist to get some answers on how to handle Seunghyun and as he could not find it, he did not renew his contract. Some were speculating that he may be stressed and went to meet one to learn the options on releasing it. Moreover, some were guessing that he might be ill getting treatments. The photo of Hongki standing on the railing of the rooftop in Japan resurfaced with that statement. Fans were demanding for the real reason for the disbandment. The members were summoned to the company for the first time after the disbandment.

All the members were sitting in the couch in the CEO’s room, waiting for the chairperson, who was in a meeting. It has been an opportunity for them to catch up since they did not have time to talk with each other in the past few months, as they were busy with their own work.

“How are you doing?” Hongki broke the awkwardness. They all knew that it was not the same as before. They were not comfortable with each other now as before. Minari who never bowed his hyungs, bowed today. Their group chat was frozen.

“I know we were not in touch in the last few months and it is becoming awkward to hang around. But I don’t want that. We are brothers, not band-mates.” Jonghoon said.

Seunghyun sighed and whispered, “I know.”

“Okay let’s all talk about what we have been up to. I will start. I finally could help Yoori with the wedding arrangements and I do not know whether this AD is getting any better; I agreed to join the research of Yoori’s. They are testing the drug they made with AD patients now. At first, I said no. Then, I had time to think after the concerts and I realized that I was being selfish. She wanted me to join so that I could at least be normal and live a bit longer than the expiration day that I had before.”

“Oh don’t be surprised.” Hongki said seeing everyone has surprised faces.

“I overheard the doctor when she was talking with Yoori one day. She said that I not near getting better and if this continued, I will die in about a year.” Hongki said and squeezed the cushion he was hugging.

“Year?” Seunghyun questioned with wide eyes.

Hongki nodded.

“But with medication of the research?” Minhwan asked. Fear was evident in his voice.

“That is why it is called a research. We do not know the exact time. But I know that I will be able to be with Yoori for more than year now. I have been having those medications for three weeks now. I did throw a tantrum and that is why we are here; but I feel less irritated now. I do not know if it was the medicine or the freedom I have now.”

“It could be both. We were so pressured when we were working. Now that you are free these days, it must have become a good impact for your brain.” Jonghoon said in an assured voice to which Hongki hummed.

“Enough about me. What about you?” he asked from Jonghoon.

“Nothing much really. I have been going for hikes and fishing. I also found time to compose. There are a few variety shows that I was invited as permanent member. So for now, it’s going well. I renewed the contract. There’s no other place I want to go, honestly.” Jonghoon said shrugging.

Hongki nodded with a knowing look, faced Jaejin and raised his eyebrows.

“Me too. I renewed too. I got two musical offers and I am going solo. Still not sure about when and what concept. But yeah, hopefully in the near future.”

“I am going solo too. Same story with Jaejin hyung. The best thing is that I have a girlfriend.” He said smiling like an idiot.

“Someone we know?” Hongki asked.

“Not really. She is not a celebrity. She might be the one, but who knows, right?”

“Right. But, I you have never said that to any girl you dated before. I think you know that she is the one.” Hongki said.

“We are still getting to know each other.” Seunghyun said to which Hongki nodded.

“Do not do anything stupid.” Hongki warned.

“Hyung! I am perfectly happy with my family. I do not regret it at all.” Minhwan protested.

“I know. I am just messing with you.” Hongki laughed.

Minhwan pouted. “We are pregnant again. I just went with Yulhee to the hospital to confirm it before coming here.” He singsong.

“Woah… congratulations!” Hongki said with a smile.

“But think about her. She has to look after two babies already. I bet it is hard for her already.” Hongki smirked.

“Hyung! I can look after myself perfectly.”

“Oh good. You all are here.” The CEO entered the room before Hongki could reply Minhwan. He put his file on his table and sat in the couch where the others are sitting.

“Let’s get to what I called you today directly. I have a very tight schedule today. I had to call you in because we cannot let this go unanswered. I could have just asked from Hongki but you also have to have an opinion on this.” He said in a stern manner.

“Well I think it depends on Hongki hyung. I do not want it to be out unless hyung wants it. I do not want him to get the backlash.” Seunghyun said.

“Yeah.” Minhwan nodded approving Seunghyun.

“Me too.” Jaejin also agreed along with Jonghoon.

Hongki sighed, l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter