Chapter 30

Always with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning Yoori. Or shall I say Mrs. Lee since you made it official now?” Sooyoung came to the room with a file and a paper where a picture of Hongki kissing me yesterday in the press conference. I face-palmed. These people are making life hard for me.

“So, when is the wedding?”

“Good morning to you too. I’ll tell you that later. Do you have the report?” I tried to change the subject.

She placed the report of the research on my table and sat on the chair and stared at me.

“I’m not going to leave until you tell me when it is. How can you hide from your girl best friend?” she faked a sob.

“If I don’t know you well, I might think that you’re actually crying.” I pointed out. “Plus I don’t want a cry baby as my bridesmaid.” I beamed at her.

“I’m going to be your bridesmaid?” Sooyoung squealed.

“Yes and it is in august.”

“AUGUST?” she gasped.

“Next year.”

“Oh. That’s a relief. I thought it is next month.” I grinned at her remark.

Oh how much I want to spill the beans about FT’s comeback next year! Technically, their final stage. Then I’ll have to tell her why and about Hongki’s condition. Something I don’t want to share even if she is my best friend.

“Social networks are going crazy ever since the news broke.” She started. Of course! It’s not a new thing.

“Lot of people are happy for you two and some are not.”

“As always.” I shrugged. It’s crazy when it comes to that. A lot of people understand their position as fans and respect their idols’ decisions; and some are being delusional and think someday they will marry their bias. And when reality hits them, they do and say crazy things.

“Some even petitioned for Hongki to be removed from the band. Stupid people.” That hit me hard. Why do they even call themselves fans?! Can’t they just accept it and move on?

“I should tell them not to hang out in SNS then.” I said grabbing my phone.

“Well, they’re not kids. They’ve been in the industry for long and they know these things.” Sooyoung has a point. She’s right. They know about these.

“I think I’ll have to hire a bodyguard.” I joked putting my phone back on the desk. Sooyoung snorted.

“Now that’s a good one. We made some progress.” I said going through the reports. Sooyoung hummed.

“Oh! I have an appointment in a while. I’ll see you in the lab later.” Sooyoung said and stood up to leave.

“Okay. I hope we can find a cure as soon as possible. Later.” I said. Sooyoung hummed and went out of the room.

I sighed. I almost blew it up to her. Thank god she didn’t notice it. I really wish we could find a cure, then I can live long with Hongki. The mere thought made me tear up.

Maybe if we come up with a solution, maybe if Hongki agrees with joining the test medication, maybe I can save him.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Hongki’s number.

“Hongki~ah! Where are you? Are you busy?” I started even before he says hello.

“Ah Yoori~ssi. Hongki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter