When The Others Find Out

Maybe I Love You...

Skip to the next day

No One's POV:

Jiyeon and Youngmin were walking down the halls holding hands tightly with their fingers interlaced and nothing could stop them. They saw APINK and they gave them a thumbs up. They already knew since Naeun told them. Only Boyfriend still didn't know because Youngmin didn't want to start anything complicated with his brother.

Jiyeon was getting stares from the other girls in the hallways and she could hear them say things like "Isn't Youngmin dating Naeun? Poor boy, I bet he was forced to date her," or "Aww, they're so cute, but I hope Naeun's okay," or even "Oh my god, what a ! Stealing another girl's boyfriend right from under her nose." Jiyeon was getting pretty uncomfortable with all the whispering and staring at her, but Youngmin calmed her down by squeezing her hand harder and giving her a reassuring smile. "Don't pay attention to them. I love you and you know it."

She smiled back at him and said, "I know. I love you too." Youngmin kissed her on the forehead and they continued to walk to class together. When they got there Jiyeon sat next to Naeun and Youngmin sat next to her, putting an arm around her. Naeun saw them and smiled. "Congrats, you two. I'm happy for you."

"Komawo, Naeun-ah. But you're sure you're fine with this right? Now hard feelings between us?" Jiyeon said a little worried. 

Naeun just shook her head. "No hard feelings at all. I can't hate you." Jiyeon smiled and gave Naeun a hug. Just then Boyfriend walked in and saw Youngmin with his arm around Jiyeon and they were shocked. They gave both of them a we'll-talk-later look. Jiyeon just had a worried look on her face because when she caught Kwangmin looking at her, his face showed sadness and anger. Neither she or Youngmin had told him that they were dating because neither of them wanted to make things complicated. 

Minwoo sat behind Jiyeon and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and saw him smirk at her. "I see your dream has finally come true," Minwoo said in a dreamy voice. 

"Shh, I'll explain things later," Jiyeon said avoiding Kwangmin's stares, who was sitting next to Minwoo. She turned around, but could still feel him staring at her. If looks could kill, Jiyeon would be long gone. 

The class went by pretty fast, but for Jiyeon it was agonizingly slow. The whole time she could feel Kwangmin's stare burning holes into her head. She couldn't even focus properly. When class was over Jiyeon got up and pulled Youngmin out with her first before anyone else. Youngmin was shocked, but went along with her anyways. She dragged him to her locker where she could no longer see Kwangmin.

"Are you okay, Jiyeon-ah? You were like sprinting out of that classroom," Youngmin said catching his breath.

"Oh mianhae. It was getting kind of awkward with your brother in there," Jiyeon said playing with her hair. Youngmin finally understood. He grabbed her hands and she looked up at him.

"Don't worry. I'll talk to him. He's my brother afterall. I don't want you to stress yourself out. Just leave it all to oppa," he said with a smile.

Jiyeon was shocked. "Oppa? Since when were you an oppa?" she said with a smile. 

"Since now. You have to call me that from now on," he said grabbing her waist and pulling her towards him. 

She put her hands on his chest and smiled. "Wae~" she said with a hint of aegyo in her voice, "We are the same age, so why do I have to call you oppa?"

"Because even if we're the same age, I'm still a couple months older than you. Plus it's cute when you do," he said smirking.

Jiyeon pouted and said, "Shiro, I don't want to call you oppa." Youngmin just looked at her in defeat and let her go and walked away. Jiyeon was shocked and said, "Y-yah! Where are you going?"

He turned around and said, "To find another girl who will call me oppa, since you don't want to." He put on a sad look and kept walking. Just then Jiyeon caught up to him and linked arms with him.

"Oppa~ mianhae~" she said with a lot of aegyo this time. Youngmin smiled and put his arm around her.

"That's more like it." She smiled and they walked to lunch together. 

Skip to the end of the day

Jiyeon's POV:

At lunch we explained to Boyfriend what happened between me and Youngmin, but Kwangmin still had that sad and angry look on his face. I ignored him all day to avoid any awkwardness. I knew that kind of made things more complicated, but it's the best I could think of on short notice.

Me and Youngmin were hanging out in the park, walking hand in hand through the area. We were walking around when we saw someone crying on a bench in the distance. I looked closely and the guy looked really familiar. We walked closer and I saw that it was him. Kwangmin. I tugged on Youngmin's arm and pointed over at Kwangmin. He sighed and gave me a look.

"You know we have to talk to him about it sometime, right?" he said quietly. I nodded slowly. 

"Kaja," I said pulling him towards Kwangmin. He nodded and followed my lead. We got closer and I could hear his muffled sobs. I felt my stomach twist and I stopped walking. Youngmin noticed and looked at me. He held my shoulders and asked me, "Gwenchana? You want me to talk to him instead?" I shook my head. 

"Andwae. I'll feel more guilty. I want.... to talk to him alone," I said looking up at Youngmin. He gave an are-you-sure look. I nodded. 

He sighed and said, "Arasso, I'll let you talk to him. Text me tonight and tell me how it goes ok?" I nodded again. He kissed my cheek and started to walk home. I took a deep breath and walked towards Kwangmin again. I sat down next to him on the bench and he still didn't notice me. I tapped his shoulder and he looked over at me. His eyes were red and puffy from crying and he had fresh tears coming down his cheeks.

"Kwangmin-ah, gwenchana?" I said wiping away his tears. He just pushed my hand away and turned away from me.

"What do you want?" he said in a low and slightly cold voice. I scooted closer to him.

"Just answer the question." 

"Do I look ok to you?" he snapped at me with tear filled eyes. I was taken back a little bit at his sudden harshness. "The girl I loved just rejected me for my own brother and she didn't even tell me until I had to find out for myself and you have the nerve to ask me if I'm ok?!" I admit I was scared, but I had to stand my ground or else I can never fix things with Kwangmin.

"Kwangmin-ah, I told you. I never wanted to hurt you," I said sadly. 

"Tch, really? And how's that working out for you?" he scoffed at me. He stood up and started walking away from me. I stood up and turned him around by grabbing his wrist. He didn't look at me.

"Look I know you must be really hurt right now, but it doesn't mean you have to mope around all day about it. If you really loved me then you would let me be happy with Youngmin. I don't want to lose you as a friend and I don't want you to lose your brother," I said a bit irritated. This boy is being a little complicated. 

He shook his head. "Mianhae, Jiyeon-ah. I can't do that. I want you to be happy, but I can't let you be with my brother." I scoffed. I just realized something.

"You know what? I don't even know why I bother talking to you. You're just like Jinyoung oppa. Both of you say that you 'love' me, but you won't let me love who I want. Loving someone means letting that person be happy even if they aren't with you. I don't get why you guys can't understand that. I-it's like you guys are totally blinded by-"

"By you." He walked towards me and stood in front of me. "We were blinded by you. Look I'm sorry for being like Jinyoung hyung. But I can't help it if I love you. I'll try to accept you and Youngmin, but I can't make any promises," he said in a calmer voice. I calmed down too.

"Fine, but please try your best." He nodded. I gave him a small hug and said goodbye to him. I really hope he meant that.

Kwangmin's POV:

Mianhae, Jiyeon-ah, I lied. I can't stand seeing you with another guy. I won't be forceful like Jinyoung hyung, but I will make you fall for me my own way. I love you, Jiyeon-ah, and I have to be with you........