You Better Watch Yourself

Maybe I Love You...

Jiyeon's POV:

I woke up the next morning pretty early. To be honest, I couldn't sleep that well because of.... well you know. I went downstairs while APINK was sleeping in my room. I went to the kitchen made some hot chocolate. I sat at the table and thought to myself. How harsh is Hyemi going to be on me? What if....... what if Youngmin oppa goes back to her? Does he still love her? These questions haunted my mind until I saw someone enter the kitchen. It was Naeun. "Morning," she said walking in. 

"Morning. Want some hot chocolate? I just made some." She nodded and helped herself to it on the counter. Then she sat down in front of me at the table. I remained quiet and continued to think to myself.

"Still thinking about Hyemi?" she said sipping her hot chocolate. I nodded slowly. "I don't blame you. I was exactly like you when she targeted me. That girl really is something. She just won't take no for an answer."

"What else do you know about her, Naeun-ah?"

"Well for one thing, the girl HATES the word 'no'. It's not in her vocabulary. I also know that she was really popular. She used to go to our school. That's where she met Youngmin. Me and the girls didn't go there until the next year so we didn't know each other. She and Youngmin were the power couple back then. Until he found out that she was cheating on him. After that she left the school to move to the States to go to a better arts school. Then I got there and me and Youngmin started going out. I don't know how she found out about us, but when she did she sent her people over here to tear us down. I heard she's super rich too. That's how she hired those thugs to try to kidnap me. She even had people stalk me for a certain period of time. I don't know what she has on her mind now since she's here herself now, but since it's her, it can't be good."

"Wow, komawo, Naeun-ah. That made me feel so much better," I said sarcastically. She laughed.

"Don't worry. Us and Boyfriend got your back. Hyemi may be capable of many things, but she's a loner. She only has the people that she hires and they can snap any time," she said reassuring me. 

I sighed. "I guess so. But you don't think Youngmin oppa...... still loves her right?"

She gasped. "Of course not! He hates her guts just like the rest of us. Look, Jiyeon-ah. Youngmin really loves you. Even when I was dating him I could see that. That's why I gave him to you. For both of you to be happy. Sure I was sad about it, but I got over it. You and Youngmin were meant to be together. And no one, not even that Lee Hyemi, can break you two apart. I'm sure of that." I smiled.

"Komawo, Naeun-ah. You really are a good friend. She smiled back at me and said she knows. Just then my phone vibrated. The text was from an unknown number.

"Just check it. Maybe it's important," Naeun said leaning on the table. I opened the text and I read it out loud.

"It says: 'You better watch yourself, Oh Jiyeon. You have no idea what's coming your way.' Mwohya? Who sends this kind of stuff?" Wow, I'm so stupid.

"Tch, who else would send it? I'm surprised she got your number so quickly. It took her 2 weeks to find mine," Naeun said leaning back in her chair. 

"Jinja? This girl really is persitant. But I have to admit I'm kind of scared. I mean she said something's coming my way. Is it that bad?"

"I don't know, but just be careful. And tell Youngmin about this. He deserves to know." I nodded and dialed Youngmin's number. I don't know if he'll pick up or not since it's still kind of early. Plus it's a weekend.

He picked and happily said into the phone, "Good morning, baby!~ Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, oppa, I did. Umm, can you come over a little bit later? I have something to talk to you about."

"Is something wrong? You're voice sounds kind of off," he said worried.

"Aniya, oppa, I'm fine. I just need to talk to you about something." I didn't want him to worry too much.

"Oh, arasso. I'll come over at 10." I told him "okay" and he hung up. I told Naeun and she said she would get the girls out of my house by then so that me and Youngmin could talk in private.

Skip to later

The girls just left and Youngmin oppa should be here any minute now. I sat on the couch in the living room holding my phone tightly in my hand. I have to admit I'm scared. I mean, if you were being threatened then you would be too. Just then the doorbell rang and I opened it revealing a smiling Youngmin oppa. He greeted me and kissed me on the cheek. We went to the living room to talk. "So what did you want to talk about?" Youngmin oppa said looking at me.

"Well, maybe...... you should take a look at this first," I said handing him my cell phone with the text on it. He took it and read the text. His calm expression soon turned into a furious one. 

"Hyemi did this right?" he said not looking away from the phone.

"Yeah, she's the only one I can think of that would." He slammed my phone down on the couch and I was shocked for a second.

"Lee Hyemi, jinja! I swear the next time I see her I'll rip her-"

"Oppa! Calm down!" I said holding his arm. I've never seen him so angry before. It was scary. He looked at me and his eyes softened. Then he pulled me into a hug. 

"Mianhae, baby. I didn't mean to scare you. But I promise that she won't get within miles of you. I'll be your knight in shining armor." I smiled into his chest and hugged him tighter. "But you know when you got mad at her the other day...... you looked really hot."

I broke free from his hug and hit his chest. "Yah, oppa!" He laughed and pecked me on the lips. Then he stuck his tongue at me and ran away. "Yah! Jo Youngmin! Get back here!" I yelled chasing after him. Aish, this oppa......