chapter thirty three

Predestined hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The drive to the restaurant was awkward for So min although she couldn't be sure with Hyun Joong because he had on a pockerface and was behaving as if nothing had happened which infuriated her. The damn idiot looked as he always do while she was a jittering mess. She promised herself she would not let anyone know about her inner turmoil, not even her mother. With that thought in mind, she had dressed up beautifully. Her makeup skillfully made.

"You look like an angel." Kim Ju ri commented as soon as she entered the restaurant with Hyun Joong on her heels.

"Thanks," she said shyly as she took her seat while he also did the same.

They had reserved a table for five, so they were practically opposite each other, something she wasn't comfortable about. She tried to relax as the waiter took their orders. It would be better if she ignores him as he was currently ignoring her although they occasionally sneak glances at each other.

Conversation started after they had been served but So min tuned it out, she knew her mother and Ju ri could never run out of topics to discuss.

"What do you think So min?" Her mother's out of the blue question had her scrambling. "What?"

"Don't you think Hyun Joong looks exceptionally handsome tonight?" Her mother repeated what she guessed was her earlier question. She raised her eyes to his to see him with a self satisfied smile plastered on his face. He does look handsome, the arrogant jerk.

"Of course mother," she said with a fake smile while she scoffed at him.

"His eyes looks so bright tonight. I think it might have to do with a girl." Ju ri remarked, her gaze scrutinising Hyun Joong's face.

"I thought as much." Mr Kim put in.

"Are you dating someone?" Min ah asked.

Hyun Joong choked on his drink as he tried to answer. "I'm not." he said firmly, his eyes cast down.

"Why are you avoiding my eyes then?" Min ah probed.

Hyun Joong blushed as he muttered som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter