Chapter 20

You Have My Everything

 

Sorry for having you hold on to chapter 19 for so long.

 

Shout out to my great friend Phantom47

 

Thanks for all the Subscriptions Comments and Upvotes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 20:

 

Movements were made from the soft single bed matress. The girl lying in it slightly rubs her left eyes and draws a very comforting smile while she breathe in deep as if smelling a very nice and expensive perfume. The girl definitely had a good sleep and maybe a sweet dream.

 

Tiffany snuggled more in the bed, it's been a while since she last experience a very well sleep. She then spread her hands wide as she faced the ceiling and slowly opens her eyelids still with a smile formed from her lips.

 

A frown automatically drawn in Tiffany's face. When realization hit, she  immediatey widen her eyes after she remembered that she is not in her room but in Jesse's, and she still have a problem to think of, how to get out of there without the guests noticing her. Tiffany hastily sit up and dropped her feet to the floor but halted when she saw a sleeping figure in the small couch, she's not alone in the room.

 

Tiffany unconsciously touched her lips, remembering what happened last night. They kissed, their first, her first. She stared at him for a while before deciding to walk to where Jesse is, silently so she won't wake him up. She leaned her head to observe the expression of Jesse.

 

"You sleep like an angel, too bad you act evil when you're awake" Tiffany said to the sleeping guy after she took notice of how serene Jesse looks right now.

 

She slowly raise her right hand and poke Jesse's pointy nose and smiled when he saw the guy crinkle his nose in response. Tffany's eyes then landed on Jesse's slightly parted lips and drown herself in her thoughts.

 

'Why did I let you kiss me? What's so unique with you?'

 

Jesse cleared his throat.

 

Tiffany instantly stood up straight. She didn't noticed that Jesse opened his eyes and caught her staring on his lips seemed lost.

 

"I-uh" Tiffany took a step backward. "I'm trying to wake you" she thought an alibi.

 

Jesse just looked at her and then did some stretching and massaged his head a little. Sleeping in a couch can never make you feel comfortable.

 

Tiffany unlocked the door and slightly opens it carefully but Jesse held the door for it not to open further. He stood behind Tiffany with close proximity. There he is again, making Tiffany feel uncomfortable.

 

"Let me" Jesse mubled or more like a whisper. Tiffany didn't protest anymore and step aside for Jesse to take charge.

 

Jesse let his head peek outside and he observed that all his guests are still in the living room less the change in position and awkward poses. He retreated his head and looked at Tiffany and nod. A sign that they can go.

 

He took hold of her hand and guide her outside the room. The girl mimicked Jesse's tiptoe, for them to make less noises in walking. They passed by the small kitchen. Right when they are infront of the bathroom, a girl came running in the kitchen. Due to that, Jesse immediately push Tiffany to enter the bathroom.The running girl was about to run for the bathroom but Jesse stopped her and points to the sink. Jesse shook his head when he heard the sound of throwing up from the kitchen. He then slowly enters the bathroom.

 

"Did she saw me?" Tiffany worreidly asked as Jesse locked the door. 

 

"Nope, she's too busy minding where to puke" Jesse replied.

 

"What to do?" The girl asked as she leaned her back on the tiled wall.

 

"We need to be careful, wait a little to make sure she's not ther anymore" Jesse suggested. "Fix yourself first"

 

Tiffany observes herself in front of the mirror, her hair is in mess,her face really lookid like she just woke up from deep slumber, her clothes are crumpled and unfixed. She rolled her sleeves up and opened the sink's faucet and damp her face with the clear cold water gushed from it.

 

The girl felt uncomfortable feeling Jesse's intense stare, watching every move she does from the oppeosite side of the bathroom.

 

"Uh Jesse, can you go out for a while. I need to pee" Tiffany said as she looked at Jesse from the mirror.

 

"We need to be careful. We can't afford to be caught." Jesse replied.

 

"Come on, i'll be quick" Tiffany tries to get a yes from Jesse

 

Jesse chuckled and then straightened up while he crossed his arms. "No need, I won't peek" 

 

Tiffany was stunned on how cocky Jesse sounds. "Are you serious?". Jesse gave out a nod. 

 

Tiffany coffs at him."Says the guy who ki--" Her voice seemed lost for the last word.

 

"Who what?" Jesse confidently raised his eyebrow. " Who kissed you?"

 

He finished the statement for her. that caused the girl's expression to change into a shocked one.

 

The girl grasp. "You remembered?" Tiffany outraged.

 

Jesse shrugged. "Every drunk people will remember what they did when they sober up not unless you've taken a pill or something"

 

"You knew but you didn't even say sorry?" Tiffany starting to boil up. Jesse took a step forward.

 

"Why would I?" He answered with a question. She can't believe his attitude right now.

 

"Then why did you kissed me?" She is desperate to know the answer.

 

"Why did you kissed back?" Jesse throws another question while he step forward to the girl.

 

The girl held her breath for a minute while taking steps backward before saying "Answer my question first!"

 

"I'll answer your question if you'll answer mine" Jesse continued to step forward. Tiffany couldn't help but to step backwards.

 

She just stare at him without knowing what to answer, lost in their mini battle.

 

"See" Jesse leaned forward and satre directly into Tiffany's lips as if to kiss her but smirked before moving back and walking past by the girl. 

 

"Now go pee." He said as he entered the shower, not forgetting to close the shower curtain. The girl was rooted in her spot for a moment before the guy woke her up from her trance telling her to be fast. Jesse feels very nervous inside, with battling thoughts in what to do with his fast beating heart.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The two really got out of the apartment without getting caught by any of the guests. They are now walking not too far from the apartment bulding with an awkward atmoshere engulfing them.

 

"You're going to a bus stop?" Jesse broke the ice.

 

"uh no, I'll just hail a cab to Sunny's and call my driver to pick me up there" Tiffany answered not looking at  the guy.

 

Jesse nodded. "I'm sorry". That made Tiffany face him.

 

"I'm sorry, you have to lie to your mom" Jesse continued.

 

"You don't have to. It's still my fault for intruding your apartment. I should've just left the books outside the door." Tiffany waved her hands.

 

Jesse bought a coffee for Tiffany before searching for a cab and watch her drove off. He heaved a very deep sigh and scratch his nape before putting his finger to touch his lips and walked back to the apartment.

 

After a while, the drunk guests are drove off the apartment. Jesse started to clean when Kai enetered the door.

 

"Hey" Jesse greeted. 

 

"Hey, had fun yesterday?" Kai asked as he helps Jesse picking up bottles on the floor. Jesse didn't answer his friend.

 

"Wait, I want to clear things up" Kai paused and took a seat on the couch. "What's with you and Tiffany?"

 

Jesse got startled by the question. "What's with us?" 

 

"Come on, don't you think I didn't saw you earlier" Kai answered.

 

"Nothing, there's nothing" Jesse answered and continued his cleaning.

 

"Wait, don't tell me she's the girl you love?" Kai smirked to Jesse. "Come on you know you can tell me anything"

 

Jesse sighed. He knows that he can trust him. Kai is one of the few persons he knows he can trust all his secrets, thoughts and plans to. "I'll tell you but promise me you won't go histerical" He earns a nod from the guy.

 

"You're right" Kai smiled in glee hearing that from Jesse but he frowned when he saw sadness in him. "But..." he paused to look at him.

 

"Do you remember when I told you about seeing my mother?" Jesse asked.

 

"Yes and you also told me that she has a daughter, that you have a sist---" He couldn't finish his sentence and looked at Jesse with wide eyes.

 

"No, she can't be" Kai mumbled while he shook his head. Jesse bowed down his head and nods.

 

"Oh my" Kai can't say anything other than that. It's so cruel for his friend

 

"Yes, she's my sister. Tiffany is my sister" Jesse got the courage to look at Kai but tears can't be stop from escaping his eyes.

 

Kai really felt bad for his bestfriend. How cruel the world for this good guy be? When can he have a peaceful and happy life? For how long will he be tested with these cruel things?

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The clang sounds of utensils can be heard in the shared apartment of Jesse and Kai. One of them is surely eating like a hungry beast while Kai is just observing his bestfriend contnues to munch food in his mouth eventhough its still full.

 

"Yah, why are you not eating? The meat is so tasty" Jesse tries to open his mouth wide for Kai to understand his words.

 

Seeing how much he watch Jesse clearly trying to hide his problems and sadness with that facede, Kai knows exactly that sadness that shines in the brown lenses on Jesse's eyes.

 

He can say that everything will be okay, that everything will be back in order but who is he fooling? Kai is aware of what is the effect of this not only to Jesse but also to Tiffany who is clearly oblivious of the facts in her life. 

 

"Hey!" Jesse smack the back of Kai's head, awaking him from his battle of thoughts.

 

Whatever happens, he's sure that he'll be around and help his friends even in the worst state.

 

"Don't eat them all, you selfish" Kai instantly joined his bestfriend in their eating contest.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

In a cold silent night, A woman in her 40's is sitting in an office type chair, circling her fingers to the glass of wine in her other hand. Deep in thoughts, she sighed and put the glass tiredly in her table with some papers and documents are neatly arranged.

 

She stood and walk a few steps to the side table in the room. Slowly opening the cabinet, she paused for a while and then trace a small wooden box which have three letter carvings 'SYJ'. The woman draw out a small smile and took hold of the box and returned to her chair from earlier.

 

With slowly shaking fingertips, she opened the wooden box and it revealed a photo of a happy mother and son looking at each other, lost in their own warm eyes, full of love and emotions.

 

A tear escaped from the woman's eyes and smile as she trace the child's face in the photo.

 

"My little boy, my dear little Sooyeon" She whispered as she let out more tears. 

 

*Knock *Knock

 

"Mom, It's me Tiffany. Are you still awake?" A girl's voice can be heard behind the thick room door.

 

The woman looked up at the door with a tinge of a little surprise. with a swift move, she wiped the tears in her eyes. 

 

She returned the photo inside the box and gripped tightly into it. The woman heard light steps away from the door, it made her sigh in relief that the girl on the other side didn't bother to enter the unlocked door.

 

Opening her drawer and putting the box in the far end and then close it. She sat up and walked to her matress, somehow felt alone in the queen sized bed.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

In the midst of sleeping, a man sprang seated on his bed, clenching his heart with beads of sweat formed from his forehead. Realizing that it was only just a dream, he run hs hand through his hair and ending it with a sigh.

 

He dreamt about that terrifying incident again. He hates it, because everytime he wakes up at the very moment that the door was shut infront of him indicating that he was left by his mother, the same exact pain he felt during that time is back like it happened again. The bitterness and pain he'd been through is back because of that simple dream and he knows that he won't be able to go back to sleep,

 

Looking at the clock on the wall, it's way too early to prepare for class, he grabbed a book at the side and open it.

 

"Why can't I love you?" He chuckled at his own question.

 

Of course, he knows why. He knows but who is he command his heart. As foolish as he fell in love like without his permission is the same as commanding his heart that he knows it will never listen to the brain. 

 

When will the brain and the heart have the same parallel decision for him?

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

"Bye mom!" Tiffany cheerfully bid her farewell to her mom with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. She's happy because her mother have time to send her to school today.

 

Mrs. Hwang smiles as she watch her daughter skip while entering the school premises. Looking at her while asking herself if her child will ever be grown up same as her age.

 

She wore her shades and is about to turn to her car when she caught a figure standing rooted with his eyes bore into her. The guy bowed a little and starts to walk to the entrance.

 

"Wait, Mr. Jung" 

 

Right when Jesse was about to pass by Mrs. Hwang, the woman stopped him by holding his arm and indeed the guy halted. She doesn't know why she took hold of him and stop him, infact, she doesn't even know what she'll say or talk with the guy. Just her instinct telling her to stop him from walking away.

 

It sends chill to the spine of Jesse when he was stopped by a soft hold. As he look at the person who caused it and her hand that's holding him back and forth, it felt sureal that he looked so startled and everything halted just to focus on this very moment.

 

The first time since she left, the first time since his mother left that he felt her touch. Even if he has a fabric of coat that is blocking him to feel the bare hand of his mother, Jesse felt the warmth that abandoned him years ago.

 

Never in his life he have this very comforting and relaxing warmth given to him, except this woman in front of him, his mother. 

 

The guy's reaction turned out to be a cold blank look in the person infront of him, it's anew for Mrs. Hwang on how the guy stared at her

 

She immediately withdraw her hand. It made her feel scared, she also felt something burning up her heart when she got to hold Jesse. 

 

Something that she used to feel before, a tinge of joy is felt inside her. Weird feeling but it seemed burried but missed and surely longing for it.

 

Mrs. Hwang was awakened by her driver asking her to enter the car, the guy is long gone without her realizing. She entered the car with plenty of questions planted to Jesse's image in her brain.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Hi Jesse!" Sunny greeted Jesse as he entered the room, Sooyoung also followed while Tiffany just looked at him.

 

Jesse waved to them and smile but instantly paused and take his steps to the girls, eyes darted directly to Tiffany. Just before he halted, he draws a smirk on hs face.

 

"So Tiffany" He paused and held bowed to level her sight. "Are you going to answer my question?"

 

"W-what question?" Tiffany stuttered.

 

"Why did you kis---" Jesse was stopped by Tiffany's hand clamping his mouth closed. She then mouthed him to shut up.

 

Jesse have his lips curve up and then got out of the room while walking coolly.

 

"What was that?" Sunny asked.

 

"Uh, nothing" Tiffany answered. Her friends are about to dig up some more questions when their teacher entered the class.

 

The class started with Jesse's seat empty and seems like he'll be missing for the whole period, or more like the whole duration of the class.

 

"Guys, I've found some information that'll help us with "maomao project'" Sooyoung said with a low tone to Sunny and Tiffany who's writing some notes in their notebook. They were assigned to go to the library and do some research.

 

Tiffany instantly shifted her full attention to Sooyoung after hearing the 'maomao project', their title on tracking things about Maomao. The two moved their chair in both sides of Sooyung.

 

"So, I was checking some data in our student information system ang got a chance to be alone. I've gotten us a copy of all males who's nationality is from the U.S., who had records of schooling there and people who have a american or fluent english countries blood." She carefully let out a folded paper in her bag.

 

"This is a sealed document, limited people can have access to this. You know what will happen if we get caught." whispered Sooyoung to the two.

 

The three of them one by one read the names that are listed in there, many of them are already known in school about them having English as one of the langauges known. Of course, Tiffany is also listed in it, being born and raised in there.

 

"Wait, I was surprise to read this" Sooyoung flip a page and run her hand to the paper, searching for a specific name. "Here"

 

"Did you know that Jesse is an American Citizen?" Sooyoung said.

 

"Well, his name sounds American tho" Sunny answered.

 

"But we never knew that he is one, with the fact that he never excelled in our English subject and never participated in our activities related to America" Sooyoung stated some of her observation.

 

"Maybe he was born there but got raised here like I am" Sunny blurt out a possibility.

 

"Nope" Sooyoung shook her head. "He is living and schooling there since he transfered here four years ago. So, he's sure fluent one" 

 

That causes an 'ooh' sound from Sunny and then nod.

 

Tiffany on the other hand just have this frown on her face, silent just hearing the conversation of the two. She is trying to digest the fact and got herself back in her deep ocean of thoughts.

 

"What do you think fany-ah?" Sooyoung ask as she face Tiffany's side.

 

"I-I-I don't know" She answered absentmindedly.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Tiffany chose to sit in a bench in the school's mini park.trying to reminisce some things. Breathing in some fresh cold air with her closed eyes.

 

With a satisfied smile, she looked up and observe some students around her. She then landed her gaze to a guy who is entering the school premises, Jesse didn't enter a single period in their class for the day. The thought of the information Sooyoung shared earlier enters her mind.

 

Standing up, Tiffany fastly walked to the guy.

 

"Jesse" The guy faced where the call came from"

 

"Yes?" Jesse asked .

 

"I was wondering if you can uhm do me a favor" Tiffany carefully asked that causes Jesse to raise his eyebrow.

 

"Can you say my name?" That caused Jesse to frown a little. "I know it's weird but can you say 'Tiffany' just once."

 

Jesse have a confused smile and just nodded in agreement. "Okay"

 

When the guy about to open his mouth to speak, Tiffany intervenes "Wait"

 

She slowly closed her eyes and breathed heavily, "Okay, go on"

 

"Tiffany" the name slided out from Jesse's mouth with a smooth calm voice.

 

Tiffany shifted her head direction to the side, and with still shut eyes says "Say it again"

 

"Okay, Tiffany" Jesse complied.to her request.

 

"Thank you" The girl said after she opened her eyes. Something changed in the way Tiffany looked right after that request. 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

IDK why but the chapter seemed... cut? lol but i didn't finish it hard right? I'm trying to be a kind author, leaving you a lighter encounter for this one.

 

I remember someone asking me to have a moment for Jesse and his mother so yeah. If I'm not mistaking it reader JeTiLove. I hope its good.... or not?

 

Anyways, sorry for taking me a very long tme to update this. Been watching some kdramas for me to have more ideas and inspiration. SORRY PO! :))

 

Enjoy and God Bless! :D

 

Comments and Suggestions are highly recommended. 

 

03|07|15