A bitter truth

The Black Knight

Background Music

[Yun Stream]

- Why didn't you bring your coat? It's still so cold.

Hana felt a warmth covering her whole body when someone put on her shoulder a long coat. She said nothing, just quietly stared at the stream that its transparent flow run between small cobbles.

- What's up, Jang Hana?

- What did So Eun tell you?

- She said that you wanted to see me and you wouldn't go back until I was here.

- That's all?

He kept silence. Hana turned to look straight at him. He did not know that their first meeting took her heart away forever.

[flash back - 5 years ago]

- Who are you?

The person in black outfit startled and turned back. Perhaps he was deep in thought for a few moments so that he did not recognise her presence. He hastily bowed:

- Oh, I'm so sorry, lady.

- Why are you here?

- I just passed by your flower garden and because it's so beautiful then I can't go.

Hana looked at his eyes. There's something familiar to her but she could not remember. She hesitated and then asked:

- We... we've met before?

The black person did not answer but said:

- When you see me again, I will be Black Knight.

" When you see me again, I will be Black Knight". These words rang like a bell in her ear. Her whole body was shaking. 5 years ago, a boy saved her life and said those words to her when he made his farewell.

- Is it you...?

He said nothing but smiled.

- I have to go now. See you later.

Hana could not say anything. He quickly ran away, flew over the wall and then disappeared. She stood still and stared at the darkness. She could not believe in what she just saw. It seemed that she dreamed.

For the past 5 years, she always thought of that boy who saved her and was injured because of her. The promise, even from a kid, still made her dream of a sweet future.

Now met him again, the old feeling from childhood suddenly was back and invaded her heart.

Perhaps at the moment when his eyes smiled at her, Hana truly fell in love with him.

[end flash back]

- Jang Hana - Black Knight broke the silence, brought Hana back to present. He still avoided her eyes and said in a low voice - You know that I'm always your best friend and of course, the best partner also, don't you?

Hana stared at him and repeated his word unconsciously:

- Best friend? Best partner?

This time he looked at her. His eyes were so sincere that made Hana sadly smiled:

- What a perfect define of our relationship!

- Jang Hana!

- It's alright - Hana smiled again - it's alright. I will go straight to the point and I hope you will be honest to me.

- Sure.

Hana took from her dress a piece of wood. On its surface, there's a very fine and special pattern that carved by a sword.

- Do you remember this?

- Of course. I gave you because you liked it.

- I always carry it with me - Hana smiled - Even when I could not see you, it's like you're always beside me. I... I love you, truly.

Black Knight was silent. He looked straight then Hana could not see his eyes. After a few seconds, he sadly said, still didn't look at her:

- Hana, I'm so sorry. I truly want to apology.

Hana shook her head, bitterly asked even though she was afraid of his answer:

- Why did you apology?

- You shouldn't like me, Jang Hana.

- If you are worry about my safeness, no need. I can do everything for you, even if I have to die for you.

Black Knight sighed:

- It's not worthy, Jang Hana. Someday, when you know the truth, you will be hurt if you still like me.

- Hurt? - Hana's eyes now were full of tears - It turns out that it's not because of my safeness. What's truth? The truth is that you love someone else, not me?

- You're wrong, Jang Hana. Be calm.

- Is it So Eun? It's her?

Black Knight shook his head:

- Please try to understand what I did for you. I beg you to be patient a little bit, alright?

- No, I can't. Please tell me. Even if what the truth is, I still want to know. Right now.

Black Knight quietly looked at Hana for a moment. His eyes were so weary and sad. And finally, he tried so hard to speak:

- If you said so, then yes.

Hana stood up and exclaimed:

- No. No. It's not true.

- Jang Hana!

- No. You said that just because you want to deny me.

- You...

- You knew it, right? You knew that Landlord also liked So Eun? You knew that she liked him too? You knew that she stayed up all night to take care of him when he was sick?

Black Knight froze and stared at her. His eyes looked so painful. He was dumb, could not say anything.

-You know that your love is just one side but you deny me. You can't save me a chance, can you?

Black Knight seemed to be calm now. He tenderly said:

- Jang Hana, you're too emotional right now. Let me you home.

- Can you think again, ne? Can you please? - Hana whispered. It seemed that she totally was out of energy.

- I can't - Black Knight closed his eyes and quietly replied - I'm so sorry, Hana. I can't.

Hana burst into tears and ran away. Black Knight stood still for a moment and then followed her. He wanted to make sure that she was home in safe.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Merry X'mas my dear readers!

I intended to post this chap at weekend but today is so special then I changed my mind. This chap is a small gift to all of you.

Hope you enjoy your holiday. It's too cold this time so keep yourself warm!

Thanks for being here with me and leaving precious comments.

Junssolove