A big surprise

The Black Knight

[Gwangji Forest]

- Why is it you?

So Eun who now was in familiar black outfit walked close to the Landlord. She asked back:

- Why can't be me?

Landlord was staring at her. It seemed that he couldn't believe his eyes.

- No way. I was with him for long, how couldn't I realise that you and him ...?

So Eun uttered again:

- Paboo!

Landlord suddenly recalled everything happened in the past. It's true that he'd never met So Eun and Black Knight at the same time. Whenever he met Black Knight, So Eun was not there and vice versa. He remembered when he fainted at the secret place where Black Knight trained his people, he thought that Black Knight brought him to So Eun's house, but So Eun was the one stayed beside him until the next morning; and when he came to the abandoned house to rescue her, the way she helped him to avoid poison was so strange to him. Now he understood everything. But thinking back these old memories made him displeased. It's very important but she still hid it, even to him.

- Why didn't you tell me anything?

Realised his voice a bit mad, she answered:

- I didn't have any good chance to tell you.

- Good chance? - Landlord frowned. He remembered her cold attitude when she was at her father's tomb. He felt more displeased - You had a lot of chance to talk about it. Even when your father died, you still didn't want me to stay beside you. If there's no misunderstanding this time, how long would you still want to keep it secret? I can't understand. If you like me...

So Eun said nothing but put her arms around his waist. Her tender active hug made him can not talk anymore.

- I'm sorry. Actually I wanted to tell you everything, but I was so afraid that when you knew I was Black Knight, you would not let me do anything dangerous.

- You totally understand me - His voice now was a bit softer.

So Eun stood back. Her sad face made him regret that he blamed her. He helped her to sit down on the bridge and then asked:

- So why did you have to be Black Knight?

- I used to have an adopted sister.

- Yeah, I knew that. The Black ... ah, I mean you told me once about this sister. She looked like Jang Hana, didn't she?

- Yeah - So Eun sadly replied - My samchon raised her when she was a little because he wanted me to have a friend and a sister to take care of me also. When my samchon was sick and he knew that he had not much time left, he wrote a letter to my father to inform that I was still alive.

So Eun paused a moment. Her tears now were falling on her cheeks.

- My father was absent at that time and he received that letter too late. Then my sister took me to the King City to find him. We didn't expect that when we hadn't found my father yet, she was caught by Kang Jinki. And because she didn't want to be his concubine, she was beaten to death.

So Eun sobbed. She clenched her fist but her hands still was shaking. Landlord held her hands in his to share her pain. So Eun silently looked down at the stream below the bridge, and then she continued after a while:

- When I was so lonely and painful, confused and hatred, hungry and thirsty at the same time, I met my father. He taught me kungfu. At first, I just wanted to protect myself, but after I witnessed a lot of painful lives of miserable people because of the bad nobles, I decided to learn kungfu well enough, partly to rescue the poors and partly to revenge for my sister. In my mind when I was still a child, I decided to become Black Knight one day. I definitely have to make the nobles suffer what they deserve.

Landlord tightened her hands and said:

- But I still don't understand. You had a deep hatred to the nobles but why did you still support me?

So Eun looked up, her eyes were so sad:

- It's just because I wanted to find an easy way for the poors. They're lucky to have a good Landlord like you - She turned to look at him - thanks to you, the way we go will not be too long and hard. I should thank you on behalf of them.

- So Eun! If you were born as a man, I should gave you my throne. You always thought about peope when you did things. You didn't let your hatred blind you. I truly admire.

- You're too polite to say that. Don't talk about it anymore, now tell me what will you do?

- I promised to have a meeting with my people to discuss tomorrow, after seeing Black Knight. Now I see him... ah, I mean now I see you, then I have a thing for you to do.

- Tell me - So Eun eagerly said. That made Landlord his fingers on her forehead.

- Look, you're like you are going to fight.

So Eun vaguely smiled. Landlord took her hand and asked:

- You will not regret to be with me, won't you?

- Do you still ask me that kind of question?

- I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. Well, now it's a turning point, as you see. I thought that Kang Jinki did everything to seperate me and Black... I mean me and you. Then I have a plan. We let them think that the deal between me and Black Knight broken. And we can use the people that you have trained for the past months. It's the right time now.

- I understood. So what's your plan?

Landlord told her the details of his plan. So Eun attentively listened to him. And then she said:

- It's great plan, I can say. But I have a condition.

- What?

- I want to attend your meeting tomorrow.

- No way.

- If you want them to believe that I didn't rob your people, I have to be there.

Landlord thought a minute and then replied:

- Alright. But you only appear when I call you, remember? And one thing more. Don't do anything without discussing with me first, alaso?

- Fine. Don't worry.

Landlord doubtfully looked at her:

- You have to promise. I don't believe you.

But So Eun stood up and said:

- I have to come back. It's too late now. See you tomorrow.

- Wait...

So Eun turned to look back.

- Why don't you say goodbye to me?

So Eun was confused that made Landlord shake his head. Perhaps this coldness and silliness of her made him love her so much. Landlord walked close to her, held her beautiful face in his hands, kissed her lightly on her lips and then embraced her tightly.

- You should sleep well, dear. If you're sick, I can't be comfortable.

So Eun sighed, leaned on his shoulder and looked up at the sky. The twinkle of the stars was like the tender eyes of her father, samchon and sister, all her beloved ones who used their whole lives to love her.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Well, my dear readers, now you know that who is Black Knight and who is Junho. It's not surprising at all, right?

black1401hottest my dear, you know everything right from the beginning. Hic hic, it hurts my pride actually. It means that my writing is not good enough.... Oh, just kidding. It's so much fun to read the story this way. Guessing. Discussing.

Thanks for your comments. Stay with me till the end, all of you.

Junssolove