The Black Knight

The Black Knight

Background Music

[Gwangji Pagoda] 

- What are you talking about? Is there any mistaken? - Landlord was astonished.

- No Sire. He left his sign as usual. Here's the piece of wood, you see.

Landlord took the wooden piece and shook his head:

- This piece may be a fake.

- I compared it carefully with the old ones, Sire. This kind of carving made by sword is not easy to make a fake, Sire.

Landlord pensively turned up and down the wooden piece in his hand. He was so confused. He definitely had to meet the Black Knight to make it clear.

- Come to the usual place and leave our sign there. I need to meet him tonight.

- But, Sire, if he dared to rob our people, I'm afraid that you will be in danger.

- It's alright. I know what to do. Go ppalli.

- Yes, Sire. And one more thing...

- What?

- Now our nobles gathered in the Castle to see you. They are very angry.

Landlord nodded. He looked back and wondered how So Eun was now. He suddenly wanted to see her again, but she was too exhausted today.

He sighed and then hastily left the Pagoda.

0o0

- So Eun ah, eat a little more please.

So Eun slightly shook her head. She took Hana's hand and softly said:

- Onnie, you're so tired today to take care of my father' funeral. Please come back and rest.

- No, I'm not tired at all. Landlord is the one who worked hard today. He didn't eat anything all day, just worried about you.

So Eun sighed and suddenly thought back of her cold attitude to him this morning. She felt regret.

- So Eun ah, he... why didn't he come today?

- Who?

- Black Night!

- Ah...

So Eun uttered and it seemed that she didn't know how to answer. Hana hastily take her hand and said:

- So Eun, I'm so sorry. I am just surprised that he hasn't come to attend the funeral. It's so important to you, I thought...

Suddenly, there's a sound of knocking on the door.

- Agassi!

- What's up, Ok Man? - So Eun was so surprised to see the servant's worried face.

- I heard that Black Knight robbed Song Dae-han' house last night.

- What? He robbed? How could he do that? I mean, why did he rob Song Dae-han?

- I don't know agassi. What are we going to do? - Ok Man asked.

Hana looked at So Eun and said:

- Oh, now I see why he didn't come to see you today, So Eun ah. A lot of Landlord' people were here all day.

- It can't be, onnie. There's something wrong here - So Eun suddenly remembered the expression of the guard when he came to see Landlord this morning. Perhaps because of this.

She stood up immediately that made Hana ask:

- Where are you going at this hour?

- I have to see Landlord. I have to explain to him. I can't let him misunderstand Black Knight.

- But it's too late now. Tomorrow...

- Onnie, it's so important matter, I can't waste time. I have to go now.

- Do you trust Black Knight so much?

So Eun looked at Hana and didn't know what to say. Hana sadly sighed:

- I know that Black Knight is so important to you. I felt ashamed for not trusting him like you.

- It's not like that, onnie.

- It's alright, go. I'm waiting for you here.

- No, you should go back. I will see you tomorrow.

Then So Eun hurriedly ran into the darkness.

0o0 


[Gwangji Forest] 

Landlord silently stood on the bridge. If Black Knight was a honest man, he definitely came to explain. There's a sound of footsteps behind but Landlord didn't turn back, coldly said:

- You're late. I waited here so long.

- My Lord!

Landlord immediately turned around when he heard the familiar voice. The one who was standing there was not Black Knight, but So Eun.

- So Eun! Why are you here?

She silently walked close to him, not answered.

- Why do you wear this kind of clothes? - Landlord frowned and then took off his coat to cover on her shoulders - Why do you come out here while you're still tired?

- I came because of Black Knight.

- Because of him? - Landlord frowned and asked. His voice was a little high - You come to advocate for him?

So Eun nodded:

- Yes. I come to advocate for him. He didn't do it, I'm sure.

- How can you be sure? - This time, his anger was bursting madly - How can you be sure that he didn't sacrifice you to trap me? How can you be sure that he's honest when he dared to rob my people? Don't' tell me that he wasn't responsible for anything.

- He didn't do it. I have a reason to be sure.

- Because you love him? If you tell me that because you love him then you trust him, I have nothing to talk to you now.

Landlord angrily turned his back to her and coldly added:

- Go back!

- Sire, please listen to me.

He kept quiet. So Eun hesitatedly walked forward a few steps, close enough to talk in a low tone:

- The one that I like is not him. You... you still don't understand?

Landlord turned back at once to look at her. So Eun frankly looked straight at his eyes, even though her cheeks were rosy now.

- What did you just say?

So Eun lowered her head:

- That's why it's not the reason why I didn't believe that he did it.

- No, I'm not talking about that. I asked what you just said? The one you like is not him? You said I didn't understand what?

So Eun uttered:

- Paboo!

Landlord came close to her and took her hands in his:

- Look at me.

So Eun felt her hands shaking. She suddenly felt like all of her braveness disappeared now. She didn't dare to look up.

- So Eun, look up at me!

Landlord requested again and he raised her chin up. Looking at her beautiful eyes, he gently said:

- I love you, I love you so much, So Eun ah. I was afraid if one day I knew that you loved him. I was so afraid that it would be true, do you know?

So Eun nodded. She couldn't talk until now. Her heart was thumping when his face was too close to her and his smiling eyes now was tenderly looking at her. She suddenly shed tears.

Her tears made Landlord touched and because she's too close to him, he couldn't help but bent down and pressed his lips on hers. So Eun startled and froze a moment. But his soft and warm lips made her shaking. She awkwardly kissed him back.

The two stopped after a few passionate moments. Landlord pulled her into a tight hug and said:

- So Eun ah, I've waited this day for so long.

So Eun put her arms around his waist and leaned her head on his chest. His warmth and his sweet scent covered her whole body that made her felt comfortable. Actually, while she was so painful because of her father' death, she really needed a shoulder to lean on.

- Now tell me, why do you believe that Black Knight didn't do it? Where is he now?

So Eun stepped back and said:

- You can talk to him in person.

- What do you mean?

- Wait a moment. I will take him here.

So Eun disappeared into the darkness. When Landlord heard the sound of footsteps, he turned back and surprisedly uttered:

- It's you?