Reunion

The Black Knight

[Hok Man barrack]

So Eun froze, couldn't say anything. Her eyes were full of tears and her whole body was shaking. It's the Landlord. It's him. 6 years passed but he seemed to be the same. In a casual outfit, he still looked so handsome. He didn't say anything to her, just came close and held her tightly in his strong arms.

- Do you know that you're so cruel?

Finally he broke the silence.

- You make me cannot breathe.

But Landlord didn't care about her words. He tightened his arms more.

- If I could, I would crush you in my hands. Why did you make me suffer so much like this? In the past 6 years, I missed you like crazy. I couldn't eat well. I couldn't sleep well. I was so desperate in finding you. But you... So Eun... you truly are a great hero. You left me to come here to protect this realm. Ha... I admired you a lot... I have no words to say about you now...

So Eun felt her heart ached so much because of his words. In a moment, she didn't know how to explain to him. Longing and bitterness made her burst into tears suddenly. Perhaps Landlord didn't expect this situation when his "great hero" cried like a child, he was so confused. He stepped back and held her face, tenderly said:

- Come on, it's alright, dear. You're crying too loud that makes everyone in this barrack can hear you now. I want to shout at you more but what can I do now when you're crying like this?

So Eun looked up at him. Even his face still looked serious, his eyes were smiling. She suddenly smiled too.

- Cried and then smiled... Huh, paboo...

Landlord wiped her tears. Four eyes stared at each other for a while. And then, Landlord couldn't help to pull her close to him and pressed his lips on hers...

- So Eun, tell me. Why did you leave me that day? - Landlord asked when the two were on the way home.

So Eun was silent a moment. Sad memories 6 years ago suddenly came back to her mind. There were a lot of lost and regret that she didn't dare to accept happiness alone. In the past 6 years, she'd never wondered what she'd done was right or wrong. She had decided and she thought that she should believe in her choice. She sighed and then answered:

- It's just I was scared.

- What were you scared of when you had me beside you? - Landlord raised his voice.

- Everything made me scared - So Eun still said in lower tone - Power, status, all those things were not for me... When everything was settled down, all my beloved one were gone...

- What's about me? Who am I to you?

- Yeah, I have you, but you're too high for me. If I stayed beside you, I had to live in your castle, to obey all the rules and I would become someone else, not me anymore. I was not confident. I felt so scared... You know what - So Eun stopped and looked at him - I truly wanted to ask you to leave everything and go with me... But you're a King, a wise and good King. People need you. I couldn't be selfish...

Landlord sighed and touched her cheek:

- You always think of people but not yourself and even me neither. How can I live well without you? Have you ever thought about that?

- I…

- I understand you well, So Eun ah. Actually back then, I knew that you're so hurt after Hana' death. You blamed yourself and didn't dare to accept happiness. But I thought that I would try to ease your pain by my loves, our loves.... But you decided yourself to leave me...

So Eun felt hurt when she heard these words of him. He probably was right. She had never thought this way. She had never cared about his feelings. It seemed like she had never loved him. So Eun lowered her head and said:

- Junho ah, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

Landlord stared at her and then asked:

- Do you want to know that how I knew you're here?

- So how did you know? - So Eun felt touched that Landlord suddenly changed the subject. She understood that he didn't want to make her feel bad.

- General Park sent reports to me monthly. One day, he talked about an excellent general he just accepted. Then I wanted to check the barrack so I came here without noticing him. When I met him, I told him that I wanted to meet general Kim. He was so scared and admitted that general Kim actually was a lady and her name was Kim So Eun. You don't know how hard I tried to keep myself calm when I heard this name.

- I know. You probably wanted to crush him - So Eun giggled.

Landlord her forehead and frowned:

- You... Don't think that I forgave you already. If you don't give me a really nice gift... - Landlord paused and looked around. The way from barrack to her home now was so tranquil. He pulled her close to him and bent down to kiss her lips and said between the kisses - like this... it will take long to make me calm down...

After a while, So Eun stepped back and looked at his eyes:

- Actually I have a surprise gift for you.

Landlord smiled, put his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him more. But So Eun seriously said:

- I'm not joking at all, dear. Nuneo. It's Nuneo.

- Nuneo? What's Nuneo? - Landlord was confused that make So Eun burst out to laugh.

- It's not what, but who - So Eun corrected.

- Who? - Landlord raised his voice again - It's a man?

So Eun laughed at his jealous face. She nodded:

- Yeah, it's a man.

- Kim So Eun!

His hand tightened her wrist that made So Eun cry out "ahh....". She said:

- It's a 6-year-old man.

Landlord froze and stared at her. His face told her that he didn't understand anything. She put her hands on his cheeks and tenderly said:

- He's like you a lot, my dear. This face, these smiling eyes, this nose. Our son looked like you so much.

Now Landlord understood what she said. He hugged her and lifted her with joy:

- So Eun ah, thank you. Thank you so much. Thank you so much.

The two held each other tightly and cried quietly. Finally, lovers could meet again.

Perhaps later, Junho would give up his realm to come to her.

Or maybe someday, when Nuneo was mature enough to succeed his father, Junho would come here to live a simple life with her.

I don't know exactly, my dear readers.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

My chingus,

I don't believe that we come to the end of the story so fast. I hope you enjoy reading it and all are pleased with the happy ending. I don't know when I will write a new story about our lovely couple, but if there's something inspired, I will. So I hope to meet you again someday.

Special thanks to black1401hottest, Kyra24, omuraisu3883, j_love2pm, neisya, iu1990, jtediana, riverside, and nuneodevotion, for being with me all the way and leaving your precious comments here.

Wish you all my dear chingus a happy Lunar New Year!

Sincerely,

Junssolove