A late acknowledgement

The Black Knight

Background Music

[The Castle]

So Eun sat quietly beside the Monk, who now was lying unconsciously. Though he had taken a lot of herbs but it seemed that the toxic was too strong. Perhaps when he rushed in to rescue her, he did not care about his own life. That's why an experienced and skilled person like him could not avoid poison smoke. Just thinking of this made So Eun felt miserable. It's all her fault, she blamed herself. In the past 10 years, he always taught her sternly. It did not make her displeased, otherwise, she felt his loving careness for her. But until today, she just wondered why his love was so deep.

- So Eun, why are you still here?

So Eun turned back and when she realized that it's Landlord, she stood up and bowed:

- My Lord.

He came close to her and sat down.

- He will be fine, don't worry. You should rest a little bit.

- I can't let him here alone. Just because of rescuing me, he didn't care about himself... I... - So Eun could not finish her sentence.

- No, it's not your fault, So Eun ah - Landlord tenderly said.

So Eun was silent a moment and then she sighed:

- Master is like my father. I've grown up and learned so much from him for the past 10 years. He taught me ... took care of me ... everything...

- So you actually knew kungfu, didn't you? - Landlord suddenly remembered when she helped him to avoid poison smoke in the abandoned house. He uttered - I was so surprised at your attitude at that time.

So Eun absently looked up at Landlord and she could not understand what attitude he was talking about, but suddenly they heard a sofly moan. So Eun hastily turned to look at the Monk and called:

- Master!

The Monk slowly opened his eyes and when he saw her face, he smiled:

- Are you alright?

- I'm fine, Master - So Eun tried her best to not cry - I'm totally fine. Do you feel better, Master?

- I'm relieved that you're fine, dear. Oh, you're here too, Landlord? Thank you Sire. Thank you so much for coming because of So Eun.

- It's not a big deal. Don't talk much, Great Monk.

- It's good that you're here. I have something to tell both of you.

So Eun took his hand and softly said:

- Later, Master. Now you should rest.

The Monk said nothing. He just took out a piece of jade. So Eun was shaking and her face became pale when she saw it.

- How... how did you have this jade, Master?

The Monk sadly smiled:

- This jade is the proof of love between me and your mother.

So Eun was astonished:

- Who are you? Who are you actually?

- I'm your father, So Eun ah. I'm your father.

So Eun shook her head. She could not believe her ears.

- Long time ago, when I left your mother, I did not know that she's pregnant. When I was back, I knew that your mother died right after giving birth to you. Your samchon told me that she was dead and my baby was dead too. I was so painful and regretful that I decided to be a monk, living an ascetic life and tried to forget everything. When your samchon was going to die, he was afraid that you're left alone in this world, so he wrote a letter to me and told me the truth that I had a daughter and you're still alive.

The Monk paused a moment. His breath now became so fragile. So Eun took his hand and sobbed:

- Why? Why didn't you tell me until now?

- Because your samchon made me promise that I would not tell you and I accepted it willingly - The Monk whispered - It's my fault to let your mother die. I didn't deserve forgiveness. So if I could have a chance to take care of you, then being your master was enough. I didn't dare to want more.

Landlord was so moved to witness this painful situation. He just wanted to share this pain with So Eun but nothing he could do now.

- But So Eun ah, I think... I'm sure that I can't be over this time. Can you... can you please forgive me?

- You will be fine - So Eun tried to speak and then repeated again - You must be fine.

The Monk smiled and raised his hand to wiped her tears.

- Don't cry, dear. You're the most precious gift that Heaven has sent to me and I'm very grateful - He paused and coughed badly. Blood was falling again from his mouth.

So Eun was scared and hastily exclaimed:

- Father! Please, don't talk. Please.

The Monk opened wide his eyes and from there, tears were falling:

- You just called me father? You forgave me, right?

So Eun nodded continuously. She could not talk. The Monk smiled and patted lightly on her hand:

- Thank you, daughter. I ... I expect nothing more - He turned to look at Landlord and continued - Landlord, can I ask you to do me a favor?

- Please tell me.

- Take care of So Eun for me. I know that I can trust you, don't I?

So Eun bit her lip to not cry out loud. She just lightly shook her head to deny the fact that he would not be over. Landlord lovingly looked at her and then nodded:

- You can absolutely trust me.

- If so... - The Monk took So Eun and Landlord' hands - I hand her to you.

The Monk slowly closed his eyes. And on his face, a happy smile still remained.