Rescue

The Black Knight

Background Music

[Abandoned House]

The Monk went straight to the abandoned house according to the servant's instruction. He hid in a bush to observe carefully around and saw only two men guarding outside the house. These two were in neat black clothes and their face were covered by a black cloth. They sometimes whispered something to each other.

At that time, the Monk saw a person coming. He could not see his face. This man looked like a noble with luxury outfit and there's a small pack in his hand.

Another black man came out the house and bowed to the new comer.

- Landlord! Do you keep your promise?

The Monk startled. Landlord! Why was he here? Was that they kidnapped So Eun to decoy Landlord? The Monk momentarily could not understand what's going on. But now the most important thing he had to do was to rescue So Eun. He had to observe more carefully to consider the situation.

- Where is the lady?

- Don't worry, my Lord. She's safe inside - That black man laughed - Where is my gold?

- Let me see her and then you have your gold.

- Alright, come in there - He paused a moment and then continued - You know clearly what will happen if you do something without thinking, don't you?

Landlord silently opened the door and walked in. The Monk did not believe that they just exchanged So Eun for gold. This time, three black men closed the door and slowly walked farther away from the house. Taking this chance, the Monk cautiously sneaked to the left side of the house. He hoped that he could find some possible way to rescue her.

Landlord now already was inside. The room was so gloomy but thanked to a candle on a small table in the middle of the room, he could see So Eun at the corner. Her arms were tied behind and they put a cloth in .

- So Eun! So Eun ah! Are you alright?

Landlord hastily ran to her, took the cloth out of So Eun mouth and then untied the rope. Her eyes still closed that made him a little scared. He held her in his arms and patted lightly on her cheek.

- So Eun ah!

She slowly opened her eyes. When she recognised Landlord and saw his worry face, she vaguely smiled.

- Are you alright?

- I'm fine. Why are you here? Where is it?

- It's a long story. I will tell you later.

- But how can you get in here?

- Don't worry, my lady - He tenderly took her hand - Can you stand up? We must go out first.

She nodded. Landlord helped her to stand up and walk to the door. But suddenly there's a loud voice outside.

- Black Knight! Finally you're here. You're late, hyung. He was inside for a while. Do it now, hyung?

Landlord looked at So Eun. They're still surprised at Black Knight' presence, now they did not understand what Black Knight and those men in black intended to do. At that time, So Eun and Landlord heard the sound of shooting arrows and then the wooden house caught fire as if it was oiled. Smokes rushed into the room. So Eun startled and whispered:

- Poison!

She hastily hold on her breath to keep the poison not entering her body and used her one hand to cover Landlord's mouth and nose. She used her teeth to tear a piece of her sleeve and gave it to him. Landlord was so astonished and looked at her as if she's a strange person that he'd never met in his life. But So Eun completely did not care about his attitude at all, just commanded shortly:

- Do it now.

So Eun used the left sleeve to cover her own face. Landlord did as So Eun told him but he's still in shock at a new So Eun who was so calm, determined and experienced to face the situation. That kind of her look was so strange to him.

Now the fire was burning madly that made Landlord can't think more. He and So Eun stepped back to the middle of the room and tried to find some way to get out. Suddenly, a wall beside broken and then a person rushed in through the fire.

- Master! - So Eun exclaimed.

- Don't say much. Get out right now.

At that moment, a burning beam above them fell down. The Monk pushed So Eun out and the beam collapsed on his shoulder. Even though he could escape from the heavy beam, he still was injured so badly. He tried his best to run out of the house with So Eun and Landlord.

Now there was no one around the abandoned house. It collapsed after all was burned.

- Black Knight! - Landlord shout - Where are you?

No one answered. The Monk now fell down on the ground in So Eun's arms and from his mouth, blood was falling. She was so scared.

- Master, you're injured.

The Monk shook his head and smiled:

- I'm alright, dear. Don't worry.

- It seems that he got poison - Landlord came close to them and said - we should be back to the Castle right now.