Confidential Meeting

The Black Knight

[The Castle]

- My Lord, what's going on with the Black Knight actually?

- I called for this meeting to explain to all of you. Black Knight didn't do it. He didn't betray us.

- But what's about the robbery in my house the other night, Lord?

- Song Dae-han, you think what's benefit he got when he did that? While our compromise is still fine, how stupid he was if he actually robbed our people to break the deal. If we allied with Kang Jin Ki to fight him back, he would be the one who lost most, wouldn't he?

- But we heard that you was attacked by Black Knight when you came to rescue a lady named Kim So Eun... - Hong Dae-han said.

Landlord was silent a moment. He didn't want to drag So Eun in this but he didn't find any reasonable excuse to deny Black Knight' involvement.

- My Lord!

A person in black outfit suddenly appeared at the door.

- Black Knight!

The crowd uttered in astonishment.

- Yes, I am. Please forgive my sudden presence.

- You... - Landlord tried his best to not be angry but through his eyes, So Eun knew that he's really mad.

- Landlord, please let me say something. As exactly as Landlord told you, my lords, I didn't rob Song Dae-han' house. I didn't betray you. This must be the plot of Kang Jinki to separate us.

- How do we know that you're the true Black Knight? - Song Dae-han suddenly asked - We've never known your face. If you are a fake Black Knight, how can we believe you now?

- Song Dae-han is right. Take off your veil and let us see your real face.

- Oh, you've never seen my face, then if I take off my veil, how do you know whether I'm the real one or not?

- He is totally right - The crowd looked at each other and nodded.

- Alright. So I have a way to show you the truth - So Eun calmly said.

She took out from her clothes a piece of wood and threw it to the air. And then she draw her sword and wove it. After a second, the wooden piece fell down in her hand and she showed it to the nobles. All of them exclaimed in admiration. On the surface of the piece, a curve made by the sword was so familiar to them. It's the sign that Black Knight always left at the earlier robbery scenes.

- Now do you believe?

- Alright. We believe that you're the real Black Knight, but how can you prove that you didn't do anything the other night?

- Well, I'm so sorry that I can't have any good way to explain it or any proof of my innocence - So Eun sighed - the wooden piece they found at your house, I couldn't deny that it's not mine. I myself can't understand. But as you see, I have none benefit when I betray you. And one thing I want to warn all of you that If I didn't do that, it means Kang Jin Ki now took his action. I think you should worry about this and think of the way to fight him back instead.

The nobles discussed to each other for a while and then Song Dae-han said:

- My Lord, if Black Knight is honest, then what will we do to fight back Kang Jin Ki?

Landlord glanced to So Eun who now was standing aside. He was still mad at her but there're so many things to do right now. He calmed down and then said:

- We will let Kang Jin Ki believe that our deal with Black Knight actually was broken.

- What do you mean?

- We let them know that we will have a confidential meeting with Black Knight. When they know, I'm sure that they will disguise as Black Knight' people to attack us. We will take this chance, divide our people to groups and secretly hide in the forest and attacked them suddenly while they still focus on our fake fight with Black Knight.

- But our people is not enough to take so many tasks, Sire.

- Don't worry. I prepared already. I have people who was trained secretly by Black Knight for a while and now we can use them.

- Oh, it's great - The nobles smiled and felt released.

- But Sire, what if Kang Jin Ki will not attend himself? - Suh Dae-han asked.

- Good point - Landlord praised - If he know that I and all of my close nobles will be there, he will.

So Eun was going to protest but realised his determined eyes, she didn't dare to say anything. Landlord continued:

- When they know that all my important people negotiate ourselves with the Black Knight, he will be careful. He of course will be there to manage the whole situation, not like the last time they lost their chance to kill me. He will take this opportunity to kill all of us, the nobles and Black Knight at the same time.

- But if so, it's so dangerous for you, Sire. The target will be you first.

- Don't worry, my lords, I will be there to protect him - So Eun suddenly interrupted.

- No. My guard will disguise as you - Landlord said - You have to stay outside to lead all the groups to attack Kang Jin Ki later on. That is more important task.

- Suh Dae-han is able to take that task, my Lord - So Eun determined - In any circumstance, if Kang Jin Ki is doubt that it's not me, the plan will be failed. If we want Kang Jin Ki believe everything we set up, we definitely are careful. And furthermore, it's the chance to prove my innocence, my lords.

- Black Knight is right, Sire - Song Dae-han said - I think that you should listen to him.

When Landlord dismissed his nobles after agreed the plan and everyone' task, he silently left the Court. So Eun followed him in silence. She knew that he was worried about her but she could not do the other way.

- You really want me to be mad to death?

Finally, Landlord said when the two came to the Garden.

- How can I do the other way? It's so dangerous if I leave you there alone.

- Alone? Are you kidding? A lot of people will be there with me. My nobles, my guards. You promised to listen to me but you still did everything in your own way.

- I'm so sorry. I couldn't stay still, my Lord. I didn't want you to suffer any pressure - So Eun walked close to him - I really want to be there with you, whatever will be. Don't you understand?

Even though she still wore the veil but Landlord could see her tender eyes. It's enough to calm him down. He sighed and said:

- It's alright. I can't argue anything with you when you looked at me with those kind of eyes - He intended to grab her hands but he remembered that they're now in the Castle, then he just said - Promise me, you must be careful.

- Sure, I definitely will be careful. Don't worry about me.

So Eun smiled and then turned to walk away. For a second, she disappeared. Landlord sighed again and whispered to himself:

- Can I believe in a stubborn lady like you?