Everyone has their own secrets

The Black Knight

Background Music

 

[Gwangji Forest]

Spring. The season of blooming flowers. That's why Gwangji forest now was covered by multi colors. On the ground, the green carpet of grass was so soft and fresh. At some corners of the mount, they could see bushes of yellow flowers that full of dew on its petals.

So Eun quietly walked along the path in the forest. Jang Hana was silent then she was the same. The breeze made their dress fly gently. They looked like two fairies in a flower forest.

- Why did you not ask me?

- You've never hidden me anything, onnie, that's why I'll wait until...

Hana sighed. She stopped at the stream and took So Eun's hands:

- So Eun ah, how long have we met?

- 5 years already, onnie. Did you forget?

Hana smiled sadly. How could she forget? 5 years ago, she met Black Knight. And if not because of him, she did not know So Eun.

- Yeah, 5 years. The time flew so fast. So Eun, thank you for always being here with me. I would be very lonely without you - Hana paused a moment and then she continued - But I can't keep you beside me forever. Perhaps now is the time to find a man for you. You've grown up beautifully, you see.

So Eun blushed and smiled:

- It turns out that this is your concern? You're still alone, how can I get married?

Hana sighed again:

- Me? No one want to marry me. Even him...

So Eun mischievously asked:

- Him? Tell me, who is he? Who dare to ignore you? In this King City, I think I can't find anyone.

Hana kept silence. She smiled but it's a sad smile other than happy one. So Eun was surprised, took her hand and wearily asked:

- Onnie, what's up? You've never been like this before. Who is he?

Hana looked into So Eun's naive eyes and wondered if she should say it out or not, and then she finally uttered:

- It's Black Knight.

So Eun froze and repeated her words:

- Black Knight? You mean... You mean you like him? How... I mean... how long?

- From the first moment I met him, I think.

Hana attentively watched So Eun's reaction. She was so shock that could not say anything. She confusedly turned and walked away. A few seconds later, So Eun suddenly found out that Hana was still behind, did not follow her. She turned around. The sorrow expression on Hana's face made So Eun feel hurt. She walked back to Hana:

- Onnie...

- I know, So Eun ah, I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you earlier. It's not easy when he... when he did not care about my feelings.

- Oh no, onnie. He cares a lot about you, but... - So Eun said sadly.

- Tell me, So Eun, tell me everything you know.

- Well... - So Eun lowered her head - he cares a lot but not in the way you imagine...

- Why? - Hana asked.

So Eun still avoided Hana's eyes, quietly replied:

- I think, he... I mean, he's not in the mood for love this time.

- Did he tell you that?

So Eun just kept silence. Her eyes looked so painful that made Hana suspicious more. She took So Eun's hand:

- He told you that he did not like me? He loved you? Is it true that you loved each other?

So Eun sighed. She seemed not to know how to answer this question.

- You don't have to hide, So Eun ah. If you love him, I will not love him anymore. I definitely not compete with you, my dear.

- Onnie, it's not like that.

- No? What do you mean?

So Eun shook her head again.

- It's alright, So Eun ah. It's alright - Hana touched her cheek - You don't have to be so painful. It's my fault to ask you about this stuff. I'm so wrong.

So Eun was so sad to say anything. She shook her head once again. It seemed that she had a lot of things to say but could not say it out. Hana tenderly said:

- So Eun ah, please do me a favour.

- Onnie, don't be so polite like that. Please tell me. I will do for you.

- Tell him that I want to meet. Tonight. At usual place.

So Eun uttered:

- But...

Hana insisted:

- Tell him that I will not go back if he doesn't come.

o0o

Black Knight quietly waved his sword. Under the moonlight, its blade looked like glowing.

- You have something to worry?

- Master! 

Black Knight stopped and came close to a monk who was smiling at him. 

- No, nothing, Master.

- Hmmm, do you want to hide from me? Your sword art today is not as usual. Love, I guess?

Black Knight laughed:

- Can you see that? I thought...

- Well, you think a monk like me don't know anything about love?

- Oh... so you had a love story when you're young? Tell me.

- This kid... - The Monk smiled but his eyes were so sad - someday... may be... someday.

- Keeping so many secrets is not good, Master. You see, I have only one but sometimes it's so annoyed. I hope the right time comes so I can say it out...

He sat down beside the Monk, sighed and continued:

- Perhaps that day is almost around...

- You mean thanks to your deal with Landlord?

- Yeah. Even everything is going well now, I still feel that a storm is coming.

- Don't worry, dear. You did the right thing - The Monk tapped on his shoulder - Landlord is the one that we can trust. Perhaps someday, I also give the most precious thing of mine to him...

- What do you mean, Master?

- Nothing - The Monk stood up - Go. Is there a problem that you have to handle right now, isn't it?

Black Knight stood still for a moment, watched the Monk leaving until he disappeared and then he left.

There's an important person he had to meet.

There's an important thing he had to do.