Unforgivable

The Black Knight

[Gwangji Forest]

Hana opened her eyes and bewilderedly looked at So Eun a moment. Blood was running from her nose and mouth. She whispered:

- Why is it you? Where's Black Knight? Where is he?

- Onnie! Let me take you to the doctor. We will talk later.

Hana tried her best to push So Eun' hand. Blood still was falling from her chest.

- Call him right now for me. He avoided to see me, right?

- Onnie! - So Eun sobbed - There's no Black Knight. It's me. Onnie! It's me.

Hana put her hand on her chest and tried to breathe but she fainted because of pain.

- Onnie! Onnie! - So Eun was so scared and cried out. She looked up and realised that Landlord now sat beside Hana also. She begged him - Please, call doctor. Please call someone to cure her. Ppailli! Please!

Landlord painfully looked at So Eun. He knew that Hana's life was at critical and just magic could save her now. But when he saw that So Eun was so desperate, he looked up and ordered:

- Call doctor from the Castle. Ppailli!

Hana gradually opened her eyes. She vaguely smiled:

- So Eun ah, I've just dreamed a strange dream. Black Knight is you. I must be delirious. Where is he now? Tell him that I'm not over this time. I felt hurt, so hurt. I want to see him before it's too late.

So Eun burst into tears.

- Please stay with me, onnie. Please try a little... He... he's now going to find a doctor for you.

- So Eun ah! - Landlord uttered but So Eun raised her hand to stop him. At this moment, even if it's a lie, if it could help Hana to grasp a hope to live, she didn't care.

- Oh, it is you, Kim So Eun? - The voice of Kang Jin Ki raised nearby that made everyone look up.

Now he looked so pity. His hair was a mess. His face looked grey and he couldn't stand by himself but to lean on two guards. His hand put on the injure at his chest and tried to breathe because of pain.

So Eun and Landlord didn't say anything yet, Kang Jin Ki laughed out loud:

- It's so funny. Hahaha... I can't believe that I was defeated by a little lady. Hahaha... Black Knight is a lady.... Black Knight is a lady...

- Shut up - So Eun shouted but Hana tried to sit straight up and looked at Kang Jin Ki, she asked:

- What are you talking about, Kang Jin Ki? Black Knight is a lady? Who? You mean who?

- It's the one sitting beside you right now, Jang Hana. Hahaha... You and me. We were tricked. Hahaha...

Landlord stood up and ordered the guards to take Kang Jin Ki away.

Hana' face now was so cold. Her eyes were glistening strangely. She grasped So Eun' sleeve and whispered:

- You... You're Black Knight? Is it true?

So Eun couldn't talk. Even shaking her head, she couldn't do. Hana tried her best to pull up the left sleeve of So Eun. On her white smooth wrist, there's a long scar. Hana felt like she couldn't breathe, she said:

- It's right. He was injured right here. But... But the one who saved me 10 years ago was a boy. It can't be you... No... No way.

So Eun now couldn't tell a lie anymore. She shed tears and replied:

- It's me who saved you long time ago. I always disguised as a boy back then to practice kungfu.

- But... It's Black Knight who introduced you to me. Sometimes I met you and him at the same time. And I remember that I saw you and him once at the stream one night ... and two of you... It's clear that...

So Eun painfully said:

- Oh, that's my father, the Monk. Sometimes to avoid suspicion, father disguised as Black Knight. Onnie, I'm so sorry...

Hana closed her eyes. So Eun' tears were falling on her cheeks but she didn't feel sympathy. She opened her eyes again to look straight at So Eun's eyes. The eyes. Black Knight' eyes always made her feel familiar. Now she could understand.

Toxic now was in her blood and ran along her whole body. That made Hana felt hurt badly. She tried to speak:

- Why did you do that to me? Why, Kim So Eun?

- I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry - So Eun just said only those words. Her heart was full of regret that made her cannot think of anything to explain.

- Sorry? You made me... made me hate you because of you. Made me think of killing you. But everything you can say is sorry?

- Please hate me, onnie. I don't blame you.

- Blame me? You have no right to blame me - Hana coldly looked at So Eun - you set up everything. Hahaha... It's so funny that the one I love and the one I want to kill is you. It's funny that because of you, I was... I was... by the rotten Kang Jin Ki...

Hana held her chest and tried her best to not cry. So Eun painfully exclaimed:

- Onnie!

- I didn't think of this possibility. My plan was almost succeed. You should die at that abandoned house.

- What you just said?

Hana didn't pay attention to her question. She coughed and continued:

- The last moment I still wanted to do a good thing for you. I brought Landlord there to die with you then you would not be alone. Two of you should die at that time.

So Eun was astonished. It turned out that the one who trapped her and Landlord was Hana. Remembered her dizzy feeling when she met Hana that day, she now understood that it's because of the tea Hana gave her. And the wooden piece they used to make everyone believe that Black Knight robbed Song Dae-han' house, was the one So Eun gave to Hana in disguise of Black Knight.

So Eun tried to calm down and tenderly said:

- It's all my fault, onnie. I hurt you a lot. Please don't talk more, save your...

Hana hardly shook her head:

- No need. My life was saved by you once, now it's fair to be taken by you. No debt between us now... But I tell you this... I will never forgive you... Never...

- Onnie - So Eun sobbed - I didn't intend to hurt you. I wanted to tell you so many times, but I... What can I do now, onnie?

But Hana couldn't say anything more. Her eyes in the last moment still made So Eun hurt so much.

It's the eyes of unforgivable.