Painful

The Black Knight

Background Music

[Road in King City]

Hana felt that Black Knight followed behind her but she did not stop. If it's just a pity so she did not want. It's his heart that she needed but he definitely would not give it to her. Tears were still falling down that made everything around her become blurred.

She ran and ran until she was exhausted. She saw an alley in front of her then she ran into and sat down under a bush. Through the tears, she could see Black Knight rushed through. He could not see her. Hana faced on her knees and tried to calm down. She had to be self-possessed to think.

Hana stood up and took a deep breath, then slowly walked back to Gisaeng House.

- Jang Hana!

She startled and looked up. In front of her, a group of servants carried a palanquin and there was Kang Jinki on it. She hastily bowed.

- Dae-gam!

- Why are you here alone at this hour? - Kang Jinki asked and ordered the servants put the palanquin down.

- It's nothing Sir - Hana shook her head.

- Are you sure? - Kang Jinki stared at her face and tenderly asked - are you crying?

Hana lowered her head. She never wanted her guests to know about her true feelings.

- My mood today is not good too, dear. Do you mind to drink with me now?

Hana looked up. Among the nobles who usually attended her performance in Gisaeng House, he always was so polite and never did anything that hurt her. That's why she's a little surprised.

- No need to be surprised. I always consider you as my confidant and I know that you think of me the same. You can drink with your confidant once, can't you?

Hana suddenly wanted to drink too. Even though she could not speak out her pain but probably she needed to be with someone. Previously, So Eun always was the one she could share everything, but now she was the one Hana did not want to see most.

Hana nodded.

- Good, dear - Kang Jinki tenderly smiled - so I come to your place, huh? It's convenient for you.

Hana silently felt grateful and her sadness had, though a little, gone away.

Hana never drank too much. She usually took a small sip to thank her guest who expressed their admiration to her after performances. But now, she thought that wine was so good and each time Kang Jinki poured out a full cup, she drank it bottom up. Her cheeks were so red that made her more and more beautiful.

Thought back of what Black Knight said to her before, she suddenly cried. She felt that herself was so pity when loving a man she never knew his face and he seemed not truly cared about her feeling.

A warm hand touched her cheek and wiped out her tears that made her look up. A vague face with a tender smile. She smiled too. Finally, she could see his face. He finally took out the black cloth that always covered his face. He came here to cheer her up. Hana took his hand and whispered:

- It's you? Are you always here beside me?

- Of course, dear. I'm always here with you.

He replied and then held her in his arms. Hana felt the warmth covering her body. Eventually, Black Knight loved her too. She felt happy that finally she belonged to him.

When Hana woke up, it's mid-day already. Her head ached that made her can not get up immediately. Suddenly she found out that she was and there's only a thin blanket covering her body. She was in panic and hastily looked around.

She's still in her room. She patted lightly on her forehead and tried to remember what happened last night but everything seemed to be so vague. It seemed that she met Kang Jinki on the way back Gisaeng House, drank with him and then... and then she met Black Knight. Yes, it's right. It's him. She a little blushed when thinking back of what might happen. Her first time. Did he know that?

Hana just saw a paper on the table. She took clothes in and rushed to read the note. Only one line. It made her whole body shaking madly. She fell down on the ground and from her eyes shut, tears ran down like rain.

Jang Hana, you are so wonderful. Kang Jinki“.

Hana clutched the paper in her hand. She felt like she did not have enough energy to breath. It's not him. It's not Black Knight. She wanted to shout out but she just opened and then shut it down. It's not him...

Darkness made Hana feel cold. She sat there alone all day. Suddenly she stood up, took her coat and ran out as fast as she could. She needed to go to a place where she could hide a moment. At least.

Where she usually met Black Knight now was sunk in the moonlight.

The sound of stream flowing.

The sound of wind blowing.

And the sound of people whispering.

Hana put her hand on her chest and tried to hold on her extreme pain inside that made her heart burst. Right in front of her, next to the stream, it's So Eun and Black Knight. Hana could see that he tenderly touched his hand on her shoulder and whispered something.

Was So Eun so sad that he had to be so tender? Was So Eun so painful that he had to be so gentle? What's about her? Who could ease her pain now?

Hana clenched her fist. She stopped crying. She wondered why she was crying? Because of the man who now sat over there with another lady and did not love her? Ridiculous! Hana even wanted to laugh out loud. But she stood there, so quiet and her eyes stared at the two people as if she wanted to remember this moment forever.

And she turned and walked away, calmly.

She was back to Gisaeng House.

It's her destiny to be there.

She had to accept it.