Chapter 21 – Charity

Our Little Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21 – Charity

SM High organized a new campaign for the students to participate. Students form groups to raise fund. All the money will be donated to an orphanage. This is a very meaningful event so the students were very excited to join and do something for the community. The students had 3 weeks to prepare and submit their plan to the class teacher for approval.

Kyungsoo was very excited when he heard about the announcement. He wanted to do this with EXO.

“Hyungs, can we participate in the school’s charity event? I want to do it with you.”

Suho asked “Do you want to?”. And Kyungsoo nodded.

“We are actually planning to do it too.”

“So, what are we going to raise funds for?”

“We need a plan.”

“First, what are we going to sell at the charity fair? I’m thinking something related to food. Food is a very good product to sell.”

“I agree with Chen. In our group there are a few people that can cook and we also have Master Chef Kyungsoo.”

“Kris hyung, I am not that great. Don’t say that.”

“Your food always brings us to heaven when we eat it. We finish your food with super speed, which means it’s very tasty.”

“If Kyungsoo is in charge of making the food, it will be a lot of work for him.”

“It's okay, I’m happy being able do it. I want to help the children. My aunt can also help preparing the dishes.”

“We can ask our parents to help out. Our mom's food is also great.”

“What kind of food should we sell? salty foods or sweets?”

“Both.”

“Isn’t that too much Suho hyung?”

“People have different tastes. Some people like salty while some like sweet stuffs. So if we sell both, we can have more customers.” Suho explained.

“That’s a great idea.”

“Thanks Minseok.”

“So does everyone agree with Suho’s idea?” Kris asked.

“Yes.” The others yelled in agreement.

“For salty stuff, what should we make?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Something that people can easily carry around, something more like a snack. I’m thinking of kimbap and sandwich.” Baekhyun told everyone.

“I think that a lot of people will do that too.”

“Well, we will make our kimbap and sandwich more delicious. Maybe we can sell dumplings too.”

“Okay then. But what kind of kimbap, sandwiches and dumplings are we going to sell?”

“We can put a lot of delicious stuff in it.”

“No, I don’t think that a good idea. That would just be a waste of money. We need to keep it simple yet delicious. We need money for many other things as well.”

“Yeah, we should stick to some basic stuff. A delicious dish doesn’t need the best ingredients. For example, we can sell a simple ham cheese egg with salad and tomato sandwich. I can use some homemade mayo and ketchup to make it more special. That will still be very tasty.”

“So for the sweets, what should we do?”

“Cupcakes and cookies are good enough, right?" And everyone nodded.

“Can we also sell bubble tea? Nowadays, it has become a very popular drink. Please hyung!“ Sehun said.

“Okay. That’s a great idea too. I think I will let Sehun in charge of that.”

“It’s getting late I think that we should go home.”

“Okay, tonight will try to write a plan to sum up every idea we got so far. Tomorrow, I will show it to you so we can discuss more.”

…  

When EXO had everything planned carefully, they began to carry out their plan. They divided into 2 groups. Kris’ group (Kai, Sehun, Minseok, Tao and Chen) and Suho’s group (Kyungsoo, Lay, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Luhan) Kris’ group was in charge of building a stall for the charity fair and advertise about their food stall to everyone they know. The other group's mission was to test different recipes and prepare the food.

12 days had passed, and Kris’ group had finished the stall and the only thing they needed to do was the decoration. They were waiting for the other members to decide the design of their stall. The debate for the design and logo was intense. They couldn't find an idea that everyone liked, It was really difficult because their tastes varied too much.

They all sighed and coincidently looked at their favourite dongsaeng for inspiration. The same idea hit them. Kyungsoo was what they all had in common. Their sweet and innocent Kyungsoo was the perfect model for the stall.

“Kyungsoo, you will be the model for our stall. You are the only thing we all agree. You are perfect.”

“But hyung, I don’t know how. And that will be very embarrassing.”

“You are the only one who can do this.”

“Kyungsoo please….please.”

“Okay. But what will I do?”

”Don’t worry, Donghae hyung owns a studio so he can help us with the design, I will tell him now.” Suho said and took out his phone to call Donghae.

Donghae said he was free so they could go and see him now.

They arrived at the studio and then explained their concept to Donghae.

“We are going to open a food and drinks stall to raise funds to help an orphanage.”

“That is a pretty good thing to do. I’m so proud of you cousin, I’m proud you all guys.” Donghae said.

“So do you have any idea yet?”

“We want Kyungsoo to be the model or the character the desing will be based on.”

“Why don’t all of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter