Chapter 14 – Competition

Our Little Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14 – Competition

“Where is Kyungsoo?” Kris asked the members

“I haven’t seen him either” Sehun said

“Maybe he went to the toilet.” Suho assumed

“Oh. I forgot to tell you. Kyungsoo went home early. He had an appointment with his therapist.” Lay explained

“Why does he need to see a therapist?” Chen asked Lay

“Recently, He has been having some trouble with sleeping because he had nightmare about his family’s death” Lay said.

“Poor Soo Soo. “

“Poor Baby Soo. I hope he will be fine.”

“Since Kyungsoo is not here, what should we do now?” Baekhyun asked.

“We can hang out at my house. We can order pizza and watch some movies” Kris suggested.

“Sound good to me.”

….

“Hi! Kyungsoo. Long time no see. You seem more lively than the last time I saw you.”

“Hi! Dr.Changmin. I feel better. Thanks for asking.”

“It’s my job Kyungsoo. And the reason is?”

“I made new friends”

“That’s great! It will help you overcome your trauma easier.”

“What seems to be the problem now?”

“I've had nightmares about my family's death. I woke up in the middle of the night and sometimes had difficulties getting back to sleep.”

“How long has this been happening?”

“A couple of weeks”

“When did it begin? Do you remember?”

“It began when I started high school.”

“How often do you have nightmares?”

“At first, once or twice a week then three or four times a week. I thought it was just a normal nightmare because of the tiredness I got from school. Then, it happened more frequently so I had to tell my aunt and uncle.”

“Could you tell me about the new high school?”

“I didn’t want to go because my friends Hyunsik and Doojoon went to a different school. I had to be alone in a school where I didn’t know anyone. But I went because I wanted to make my aunt and uncle happy. I thought it would be hard to adapt but thanks to the new friends I met, I was able to slowly adjust.”

“Tell me more about your new friends. They sound interesting.”

“They are 11 boys. They formed a group at school called EXO. They are the ones that initiated our friendship. They hanged out with me around school. They helped me. They were very kind to me. I had doubts about them. However, I could feel the sincerity coming from their hearts. Being with them is definitely a good thing.”

 “I think I figured out the reason why you began having nightmares again. The sudden change in school life and the anxiety and doubt you got from your new friends are some reasons but the main one is that you still miss your family a lot.”

“I still miss them a lot. I tried to forget the pain I got from their death. They were an important part in my life. I wanted to be with them so badly. I wish they were with me in this world.”

“You know that they cannot comeback to this world. So don’t be depressed. I’m 100% sure don’t want to be sad.”

“I know that very well but it’s hard to do it.”

“Have you ever considered your aunt and uncle your new parents?”

“Like a replacement?”

“No I don’t mean like that. They can be your second family. Your aunt and uncle love you as if you were their own son and they truly care about you. That’s why they immediately adopted you and raised you without a second thought when they knew about your parents’ death. They would be happy to be called dad and mom by you.”

“I don’t want them to feel like I’m imposing on them.”

“You are thinking way too much. It’s good to be cautious and careful but not always. Life is complex but there are thing that are pretty simple. Just think about what I told you. I’m sure it will turn out well.”

“Ok now. I will prescribe some medicine for you. Then you can go home.”

At Kris' house.

Ding Dong. The doorbell rang. Kris opened the door and saw that the pizza was here. He paid the delivery guy and took the pizza.

“The pizza is here”

EXO immediately rushed over the get a slice of pizza. They happily ate the pizza. They must have been ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter