Chapter 7 – Sad Memories

Our Little Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 7 – Sad Memories

It was a very peaceful night. The sky was clear with beautiful shining stars. Kyungsoo was diligently doing his homework. For a little break, he looked up the sky admiring the beautiful stars. The stars were twinkling. Stars are symbol of happiness and wishes. However, stars no longer brought him the joy he wanted. That didn’t mean he hated stars now. He'll always and forever love those sparkling stars in the sky. Stars now are a reminiscent of his family. His heart still clenches whenever he thinks about his family. His wound had slowly healed over the years but those wounds still hurt because he couldn’t really get over the fact that all of his loved ones had left him alone in this world. His only consolation are his friends Hyunsik and Doojoon and his uncle and aunt . He really wanted to have a true family. These thoughts kept hovering about in his mind.

*Beep*Beep* Suddenly, his phone rang and vibrated. He opened it and saw new massages from his Viber chat room.

Hyunsik: Hey! Kyungsoo, what are you doing?

Doojoon: We have just finished our homework and now we are bored.

Hyunsik: Have you done yours?

Kyungsoo: Nearly done.

Hyunsik: How are you doing these days? Are you having fun at school?

Kyungsoo: I think I’m getting used to it. It’s a lot better now.

Hyunsik: Have you made any friends yet?

Kyungsoo: Not exactly friends but more like acquaintances. I think.

Doojoon: Tell us more

Kyungsoo: Alright. I met them at school. They are really nice to me. Some of them even help me around school and give me advices. They even invited me to have lunch with them.

Hyunsik: You said ‘them’. How many?

Kyungsoo: 11

Doojoon: That’s a lot. But do you actually talk to them?

Kyungsoo: Not really. I just listen to their conversation most of the time. They are close friends to each other.

Hyunsik: Do you know who are they in the school? Are they famous? Are they nice to other students?

Kyungsoo: I didn’t ask them.

Doojoon: You should try to get more information about them Kyungsoo. I have a feeling that they are not bad from what you said about them before, but I haven’t met them yet so I’m not 100% sure.

Hyunsik: You are a nice person Kyungsoo and our best friend so we wouldn’t want that incident to happen again. So you should be careful. Be nice but not too nice unless you can trust them.  Don’t try to be reserved all the time, open yourself up and pay more attention to your surroundings.

Kyungsoo: I understand what you mean. Thanks

Doojoon: You should try to ask your classmates more about them, that will help you to know more about them.

Kyungsoo: I will try to do that. I still have some homework to do so bye!

Doojoon: Bye!

Hyunsik: Bye!

Kyungsoo continued with the remaining questions. It only took about another 20 minutes for Kyungsoo to finish his homework. Kyungsoo was a very smart boy to begin with so he had never had trouble studying. He was just too afraid to show it. He could easily be the top student of the class but he would never want that. He doesn’t like too much attention, that's why he stays low.

After finishing his homework, he decided to get ready to go to bed. He took a bath, brushed his teeth and exited the bathroom. He opened his closet to get his pyjamas and he saw a small wodden box. He knew what it contained but he felt a little scared to open it. That wooden box had his old family album. But now, he missed his family too much so he opened it again. He took the album out carefully. He took a small tissue to wipe off the dust covering it. He opened the album and flipped each page slowly. Seeing those old photos made little Kyungsoo feel happy and sad at the same time. He closed his eyes trying to recall those happy memories that were hidden deep inside his brain, but instead of those happy memories he got the bad ones. Kyungsoo began to sob quietly, he didn’t want his aunt and uncle to worry.

*Flashback*

10 years ago

“Hyung! Are you ok? You don’t look very good”. 5 year old Kyungsoo asked his beloved brother Myungsoo.

Myungsoo relpied weakly using every strength he had “Don’t worry Kyungsoo. Hyung is just tired. Hyung needs to sleep. Ok?”

Kyungsoo nodded obediently. Kyungsoo then remembered he had something to give his hyung. He pulled out his drawing from the backpack

“Hyung please open your eyes. I drew this for you. Just open your eyes for a little” Kyungsoo said sincerely because he really wanted to show his masterpiece to his brother. He had put a lot of effort into this.

“This is not funny, I am scared hyung. Speak to me please.” Tears were coming down from Kyungsoo’s sorrowful eyes.

Kyungsoo kept calling for his hyung but he still didn’t respond back. Kyungsoo began to panic and shook his hyung’s body. But his hyung still didn’t wake up. Myungsoo just laid there. The room only had the sound of  a crying of a little boy.

*Flashback*

5 years ago

Kyungsoo opened his eye to look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter