Chapter 10 – Past And Happiness

Our Little Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10 – Past And Happiness

KYUNGSOO POV

When we arrived at the destination, which was the park, I saw that the other hyungs were sitting on the grass waiting for us.

I sat down with them and we formed a circle.

“Kyungsoo, why are you are avoiding us these day? That made us really sad.” Lay hyung said.

“I..I..” I didn’t know what to say and was stuttering incoherently

“We know why you did that but that was a silly thing to do Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun scolded me gently.

“You know why?” I asked hyung confused. They nodded and began to explain.

*** Flashback ***

“Why is he avoiding us?” Kai asked.

“Did we do something wrong? Did we scare him because of our over enthusiasm?” Sehun continued with other questions.

“I don’t think that is the reason. I can see that he was having a great time with us. He seemed to be happier.” Kris claimed.

“Well that's strange” Tao said

“We should ask him. We cannot let this continue like this.” Lay spoke  

“I agree with Lay. He got a point, but he wouldn’t tell us even if we asked. He should have told us by now but he didn’t.”

“I know we should call Hyunsik and Doojoon. I bet they know something.” Kris said

“You’re a genius, Kris” Kai praised him

Kris smiled, took out his phone and dialed Hyunsik’s number. Hyunsik picked up and they began to talk.

“It’s about a piece of paper that was put in Kyungsoo’s locker.” Hyunsik began to talk

After 15 minutes, the conversation with Hyunsik and Doojoon had ended and Kris started to explain the situation to everyone.

*** End of the flash back ***

“That is the reason why we know.” Suho hyung said to me.

“Kyungsoo, you don’t need to care about that stupid paper. Those people are just jealous because you can hang out with awesome people like us. You are the perfect person to be with us.” Kai hyung explained.

Tao hyung clarified to me “That is just a minority of people who think like that. So don’t let that burden you.” 

“You need to be proud and have more confidence in yourself. You are equal to everyone, no maybe even better.” Minseok hyung told me with a beautiful smile.

“We are trying to be your friends because we saw what kind and nice boy you are.” Chen hyung said

“Your solution to this problem was bad. We are here to protect you so don’t bother worrying about them. They will get used to you hanging with us.” Kris hyung said.

“So we are good now? Can we return to normal?” Sehun asked.

I nodded. I was glad that everything got solved so well. But I was wondering how did they know about Hyunsik and Doojoon.

“Hyung, how did you know about my friends Hyunsik and Doojoon? I’m sure that I had never told you about them.”

“Oh about that. Remember not long ago they visited you at school.” Chen hyung said.

I nodded and he continued “We saw that and got curious so we followed you. They found out and after you left, we had little conversation.”

“Are you mad at us for spying on you?” he asked

I shook my head and said “No, it’s fine. I feel better now knowing that you are really interested in me”

Everyone laughed because they felt relieved.

Suddenly, Sehun hyung asked “Kyungsoo, you have been through a lot of things. We know that. You don’t need keep it to yourself. We are here for you. We want to know your past so we can help you.”

I kept silent for a while. I saw Luhan hyung smacking Sehun arm and said “You have just killed the mood.”

He shouted back “I'm just curious and I want to help Kyungsoo. And it’s not like you don’t want to know.”

“You don’t need to do it if you don’t want to. We totally understand. Just ignore that stupid Sehun.” Minseok hyung turned to me and said.

“You can tell us when you are ready.” Kris hyung said

I closed my eyes and thought about that. I knew that with all the thing that they had done for me, they deserved to know. I took a deep breath and began talking.

“I used to have a very happy family. My parents took good care of me and my brother. I loved them so much. They were my everything. But they all left me alone in this world. First was my brother Myungsoo. He was my best friend when I was small. He was my hero. He was my protector. He always played with me. When he was about 8 years old, he got sick. He kept going to the hospital for check-ups. He looked paler and weaker everyday.

Soon he had to stay at the hospital. I asked my parents about him and they just said that he was not feeling well and the doctor wanted him to stay there to take care of him better. I wanted him to be with me but of course I also wanted him to be healthy. Every day, I continued to ask my parents about his condition. They just answered he would be ok, he would return soon and told me not to worry. I prayed to God every day. I asked God not to take him away from me.”

My eyes started to well with tears. I tried to hold back the tears.

“My parents let me visit him once a week. When I met him, I was very happy. He looked very weak every time I visited so I just had a small conversation with him to show him my work at school and let him rest. I tried not to disturb him because I knew that he was still sick. Though he was very tired and was suffering pain from all those treatments he went through, he always smiled to cheer me up.

One day, I visited my brother again. He looked really weak, paler than usual. My parents left me alone with him because they had to see the doctor. No longer after that, I wanted to show him a picture that I drew at school thinking about him. I woke him up to see my drawing but he didn’t wake up no matter how hard I tried. He passed away just like that in front of me. I felt so useless not able to do anything to help him. My whole world collapsed seeing my brother leaving me. Afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter