Chapter 6 – I’m Trying

Our Little Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6 – I’m Trying

KYUNGSOO POV

“Where am I? What am I doing here? Why is it so dark? Why is it so cold? Where is everyone? Why am I here?”

I didn’t know where I was so I started to panic. Everything around me was dark. It was cold. I was the only person there. I was very scared. I ran and ran to find a way out of that horrible place. I was really desperate and then I saw my beloved family. I saw my brother, my dad and my mom. I missed them so much. I ran but I could not reach them. The distance kept getting bigger. I sped up, I used all the strength I had because I really really wanted to meet them. It had been a very long time. But no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t reach them. And then my brother slowly disappeared telling me “Baby bro I have to go.” Mom and Dad also slowly faded away. They also said something “Goodbye Kyungsoo! We have to go. “ They repeated again “We have to go.”

I shouted desperately “No! No! Don’t leave me! Don’t leave me” and kept running but when I got there they had already gone. But their words kept echoing in my head “Goodbye Kyungsoo! We have to go.” I was haunted with those words. It wouldn’t stop. I had enough and screamed “NO!”

I woke up from that horrible nightmare. I was painting hard. Tears were coming down from my eyes. I was sweating. My body was covered in sweat. I took a minute to calm myself while I muttered to myself “It was just a nightmare Kyungsoo. Don’t worry.”

“It’s been a while since I had  this nightmare. Is it comming back? I should get back to sleep. I still have school tomorrow.”

-Time skip-

Now it was morning.

I woke up but I was a little tired because of that nightmare. I decided to brush my teeth and take a shower to escape from all the sweating of last night.

“I shouldn’t tell this to them. It’s only gonna make them worry” I thought.

After I finished, I went downstairs to have breakfast.

I was having breakfast with my aunt and uncle before school. Just like every morning, we had a very happy conversation and enjoyed the delicious food that my aunt made.

“Kyungsoo, today I can’t make lunch for you. Is it okay?” my aunt said

“It’s fine. You don’t need to make it every day. The food at school is not bad at all. You don’t need to work so hard to make me lunch.”

“Uncle, you don’t have to always drive me to school. I can walk. It’s not very far from home. “

“It’s okay. I just want to protect you. Driving you to school is my pleasure. And I love doing it.” He said.

“I know that recently you have been very busy so at least let me come home by myself. You can still drive me to school in the morning.” I suggested

“I’m not too sure about that” he said.

“Yunho, I think he is right. He is growing up. Let him explore the world by himself. It’s a good thing that our Kyungsoo is trying to be more independent. He will have new friends in the future soon. He may hang out with them after school. So don’t be overprotective. ” my aunt tried to convince him.

“I guess it’s a good sign…Uhm..Uhmm.. Ok Kyungsoo you can come home by yourself” he said with reluctance.

“So today I can come home by myself?”

“Yes, you can.”

“How are you friends DooJoon and Hyunsik doing? How was their school? Do you still keep in touch with them?” my aunt asked.

“Oh! They are doing very well at CUBE. They are having a lot of fun. They said that the only bad thing is that it's kind of far from here so they cannot visit me frequently. We still text each other though. We just had a chat last night. I miss them so much.” I answerd.

“Sorry. We separated you from them but we only want the best things for you. You are the son that we've always dreamt of.” Uncle Yunho comforted me.

“I understand. I am also trying my best.”

“Don’t push yourself too hard. We want you to be happy.”  My aunt said

Uncle looked at the watch and said “It’s time for school. Have you finished your breakfast?”

“Yes. Let’s go uncle.”

My uncle drove me to school, wished me to have a nice day and said goodbye.

KAI POV

I was walking in the hallway when I saw Kyungsoo at his locker. I slowly approached him.

“Hi! Do you still remember me?” I said to him.

“Oh.That’s right you are the one I dropped my books on. Are you ok? Does it still hurt? I am sorry.” He apologized

“You don’t need to apologize anymore. It was just an accident. I’m fine. See it yourself.” I said and then jumped up and down to let him know that I was okay.

“That’s great. But I want to make it up to you. Do you want me to do anything for you?"

“Not really” I said but an idea popped up in my mind “Hey can we grab a drink from a bubble tea shop near school? It’s that ok?”

He thought for a few second and then said “Okay. We can meet at the gate after school and then go there”

“That’s great.”

“Your name is Kyungsoo right?” I asked.

“Yes. How do you know? I don't remember telling you”

“My friends told me. You met them yesterday at lunch. Btw, I am Kim Jongin. But my nickname is Kai. Nice to meet you.”

“So you are Luhan, Sehun and Minseok hyung’s friend. Nice to meet you too hyung.”

“Hyung? You don’t need to call me that.”

“But you are older than me so I should call you hyung”

“Ok then if that is what you want.”

 “I have to get to class now. Bye hyung” he said.

I saw him walk away and I felt so happy. I kept smiling to myself like a little boy who just got a new toy. I couldn’t wait to meet him after school. I should keep this as a secret to myself.

NO ONE POV

 Kyungsoo was a little tired but he had to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter