07

What Life Is All About

“Help me,” The elder pleaded. Myungsoo shrugged, his cousin was driving him crazy. How come he asked him to come along to his family’s meeting with Jung Eunji’s family. That’s the first thing that he doesn’t want to be involved, even if he loves that hyung so much.

“No, like seriously hyung. I’m just a 17 years old and still a student. I’m not going to tag along with you to your so-called-marriage-meeting.” Myungsoo stated, both of his hands were busy spinning the globe that was placed on Sunggyu’s table. Sunggyu let out a heavy sigh. Like seriously, he was so freaked out as his mum called him that he must prepares himself to meet his future-wife’s family. And guess what, he’s trembling and nervous so badly. He kept thinking how will his future-wife looks like. But the thing that bothered him the most is what if his future-wife doesn’t even like him? What if she decided to unmarry him after she met him? The questions that appeared in his mind kept making his head felt dizzy.

“Look, you know that I never have the experience being with a girl. At least, if you’re there you could cover me up if I make some dumb mistakes.”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. Doesn’t even care with what Sunggyu was saying. He doesn’t even want to take part in those family meetings. It’s boring and frustrating because the parents would have a chat about the family’s businesses. Dude, being adults is totally boring sometimes.

“But you know her better right?” Sunggyu said, looking at the younger who’s still in his school attire. “Not that much,” He mumbled.

“But at least you already had a talk with her right?” Sunggyu said sharply. Myungsoo kept being silent, not buying with what Sunggyu just said. “Whatever, hyung. I’m not going with you,” He replied, already standing up his seat. Sunggyu sighed in defeat. Looks like he have to confront all of them by himself, without any support.

“I’m going home,” Myungsoo stated, walking towards the exit of Sunggyu’s office. Suddenly, something clicked in Sunggyu’s mind. “Wait!” Sunggyu shouted, approaching his cousin. Myungsoo scoffed then turned to the elder as he responds, “What again, Hyung? I already said that I’m not going with you, right? That’s it, I won’t change my mind.”

“Whoa, say what huh? Look, come on Myungsoo hold on. I have a proposal,” Myungsoo flashed his eyelashes as he heard Sunggyu. He canceled his thought about leaving. Sunggyu smirked as Myungsoo made his way back to the seat.

“Fine, I’m going to consider it. So what’s your proposal, huh?” Myungsoo asked, lifting his eyebrows. Totally curious about what the elder thinking. Sunggyu cleared his throat before he spoke.

“Well.. As you know, Woohyun and the others are living at the same place which is Howon’s luxurious penthouse. And yeah, I think it would be good if you can join them too. Don’t you think the same?”

Myungsoo slightly nodded. “Of course I want. But I don’t think that Aunty will let me to live with them.” Sunggyu let out his little chuckle as he heard Myungsoo. And of course, Myungsoo was totally confused. He couldn’t even figure out about what Sunggyu was saying.

“Calm down, I could make it happen.” Sunggyu calmly stated, Myungsoo’s eyes were widened. “Really? You can?” He asked for confirmation and Sunggyu gladly nodded.

“Great then! You should do it right now,” The younger declared. Sunggyu in the other hand was totally agreed, but with one condition, “But then, you have to come with me,” Sunggyu finally revealed the main point of the proposal which caused Myungsoo in deep thinking. He hates to attend the occasion like this, especially when he has nothing to do with it. Gosh this is totally frustrating! Why would Sunggyu put that kind of condition to him? This is damn so cruel.

“Oh come on Myungsoo, just come with me. I’m gonna tell the representive of Jung’s family that I’ll bring someone to accompany me. And I guess my future-wife would have someone to company her too,”

Suddenly it hits Myungsoo. Company? It reminds him to that girl, Son Naeun. She’s quite close to Jung Eunji, aren’t she? There could be posssiblity that she would company her friend to the occasion. He’s putting up his hopes, finally decided to go on with the proposal.

“Deal then,” He finally declared which made Sunggyu flashed his victorious smile. “Thanks, cousin,” He said, ruffling the younger’s hair into mess.

“Bbom, can you company me to the dinner?” Eunji said through the phone, she just got a call from her mom to bring someone for company to the occasion. Gosh, it’s so irritating, why must include the others too?

“Ah, I would love to but unfortunately I can’t. I’m currently accompanying my mom to her friend’s party. I’m sorry, Eunji.”

“Really? Alright then.. Gosh,  I really need somebody to company me tonight,”

“Hey, just bring Naeun. I don’t think that she has anything to do today. She would probably alone at her home right now.” Bomi suggested. Eunji tilted her head, thinking twice about bringing Naeun with her.

“Alright, I’m calling her right now,” She hung up and quickly dialled Naeun’s number and hoping that Naeun would agreed. It’s hard to ask Naeun out since she’s not an outdoor person. Not to mention that she is a quite ‘anti-social’ person.

“Eunji-unnie?” Naeun greeted her as she answered her call.

“Naeun-ah, what are you doing right now, huh?”

“Well, nothing actually since I already finished all the school works. Why?”

“Um… Actually, I want to ask you for a company for tonight,” Eunji said.

“Tonight? Do you mean, the wedding thingy?” Naeun asked, confused since she already that Eunji has to attend the occasion which was related to her wedding.

“Yup. I hope you won’t mind since the others  are currently busy with their families activities and school projects,” Eunji pleaded. Naeun plumped her lips and thought for a while.

“Yeah, fine. I’m going. So…. I guess that I should wear dress right?” Eunji was currently happy hearing Naeun’s agreement.

“Gosh, thank you so much! Yeah, of course you would have to wear the dress, I’m gonna pick you up at 7PM,” With that, she ended the call. Finally, everything was settled. And the only thing left is just to put up an awesome acting in front of her so-called-inlaws. This is bothersome like seriously! She won’t have any problem about getting married, but being married at this young age is just too much. Too bad that she couldn’t even run and save herself.

“You can do this Eunji,” She shouted, encouraging herself. Great, looks like all of this will become so true in just a month. It took a month for her to change her status from a single-teenager to someone's wife. For God's sake, this is insane. But that's the reality that she has to get through.

"Agasshi, Madam Jung asked me to hand this dress for you," Nana, the one of the stylists who was responsible to make sure Eunji looks perfect for the occassion tonight. She handed the purple-coloured dress which is made with pure silk and absolutely gorgeous. The dress looked more beautiful with some sparkling diamonds attached to it, looking like a flower. Eunji's eyes turned big as she took the dress, admiring the beauty of the dress that she will wear tonight.

"Am I really going to wear this? Like seriously, gosh! I can't believe that mom made me to wear this, heol." She mumbled with her hand playing the hem of the dress, admiring the softness of the dress. Nana chuckled as she heard Eunji. She felt so sorry towards Eunji for having a miserable fate, being forced to accept an arranged marriage is not an easy thing. To her, the girl in front her is strong. If it was her, she wouldn't be able to accept.

"Please wear and  take care of it, I've used all of my might to design and sew it. And yeah, I'm glad that you're gonna be the one who will wear it," Nana said again which made the younger felt so touched.

"Thanks, unnie. I'll take care of this and treasure it for my entire life. I also glad to be the one who wear it. It feels so lucky to have this amazing dress. Thank you again," Eunji said, flashing her eye-smile to the elder girl. Nana is an understanding person even she's only the one of her stylists that her mom hired. She already treated Nana like an elder sister. As Nana excused herself, Eunji stood up from her seat. Her eyes still attached to the beautiful dress. Suddenly she gained all her confidence to confront all of the people tonight. It's only a month till the wedding day arrived.

"You can do this," She said again to herself. With that, she took the dress and walked into a room which were prepared to change her clothes.

Sunggyu fixed his bowtie around his collar, taking a glance of his view at the mirror in front of him. His hair was styled up, making him looks more manly. He looks gorgeous in the black tux and he used Paul Smith as his scent. He looked as if he’s ready but in his mind, he kept telling himself to make sure that everything gone well tonight. He’s totally nervous like hell because it’s the first time for him to meet his future-wife in person. Not forget to mention his future-in-laws too.  Myungsoo was sitting at the edge of the room on a sofa, looking great in his black suit. He seems so busy with his phone while waiting for the elder.

Sunggyu took a deep breath and turned to Myungsoo. “How do I look?” He asked, hoping that Myungsoo would say some encouraging comments. Myungsoo looked up, a smirk drew on his lips. That Kim Sunggyu is already grown up.

“Wow, hyung is that you? You look like a real man.” He commented. Sunggyu smiled as he heard positive comments from the younger. “Let’s go, Myung.” He said, making his way to his bedroom door. Myungsoo stood up and followed the elder steps. Deep in his heart, he was hoping that Son Naeun would attend the occasion tonight even if it seems like too impossible. But it’s okay for keep hoping right? He doesn’t even know why he wants to know that girl more. It’s weird because for the rest of his life, he never cares about the girls except his mom and aunts. But that girl Son Naeun, seems different. He sense something special in her. That’s why he wants to be closer with the girl. Let’s start with the first step ; Make friends with her.

****

            “I’m nervous,” Eunji said. Naeun looked up at her, flashing an encouraging smile. “Don’t worry, unnie. I’m with you.” She encouraged Eunji. Naeun looks beautiful in her black dress and her hair was let down which made it looks wavy. Eunji smiled a bit, trying to gain confidence in herself.

            “Come on, let’s go. Your mom and dad must be waiting for us.” Naeun said. Eunji slightly nodded. They went out of the car and made their way into the France restaurant where the occasion were held. Eunji held the girl’s hand as they walked into the restaurant. Her heart beated faster than ever. Naeun glanced at her, trying to comfort her. Eunji saw that her parents and a couple are sitting at a table which was located at the VIP section. And the couple is probably her in-laws. Looks like her future-husband isn’t arrived yet.

            “Girls, there you are,” Eunji’s mom said as they reached the table. She approached Eunji and greeted her with a hug. “Sorry, we’re a bit late.” Eunji apologized.

            “Nah, it’s okay. We don’t wait for too long,” Her mom said, swaying away all her worries.

            “Aunty, it’s nice to meet you,” Naeun greeted Eunji’s mother as she hugged her. Eunji’s mom is a nice person in her opinion and she always thought that the decision that she made for Eunji is for Eunji’s own good.

            “Aw, look at you two. You guys are definitely a lady now,” Eunji’s father, Mr. Jung praised them. Eunji and Naeun chuckled as they heard him. Before they took their seat, they also greeted Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim.

            “Hello Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim. I’m Jung Eunji. Glad to meet you guys,” Eunji said while bowing politely. The couple smiled to each other, thinking about how perfect Eunji was if she is their daughter-in-law.

            “Aigooo, Eunsoo-yah. What a graceful daughter you got. She would be perfect for anyone,” Mrs. Kim praised her. Eunji blushed a bit as she heard Mrs. Kim. She’s not that nice and graceful but since the first impression is important, she decided to be more graceful than she always be. Mrs. Jung flashed a smile to her daughter, mouthing a “good job” as a praise.

            “Anyway, who is this?” Mr. Kim asked as he pointed out at Naeun. Naeun bowed to the couple and started to introduce herself, “I’m Son Naeun, Eunji-unnie’s friend.”

            “Ah, you’ve must be one of the heirs of the Son Corporation, right?” He asked. Naeun nodded politely. “I heard a lot from my brother about the coorperation between Son Corportion and Kim Corporation. May we’ll be a good partner in the future,” Naeun said brilliantly.

            “It’s great to have Son Corporation as our business partner. Please send my regards to your brother. I owe him a lot for the success in the projects.”

            “I will Sir,” Naeun said. Well, it’s great to have a conversation with new people so that it won’t be awkward.

            “Anyway, when will your son arrived?” Mrs. Jung asked Mrs. Kim. It’s already 7.30 p.m. Her future son-in-law should be arrived now. “He’s supposed to here now,” Mr. Kim said as he glanced at his wristwatch.

            “It’s okay, let’s wait a bit for them. He must stucked because of the traffic jams,” Mr. Jung said. With that they started having their meal and chatted with each other. Mr. Kim and Mr. Jung are having a conversation about the common issues about business while the two ladies and the girls are talking about themselves. Eunji have a good conversation with Mrs. Kim and thought that she is a nice person. Looks like she’s going to like her more after this.

            “Sorry, we’re late,” A voice interrupted. Eunji felt he her heart just stopped as she heard the voice. Is it really her future-husband? Gosh, why must he arrived so early? Eunji couldn’t stay quiet, her hands starts to tremble. She took a glance of her future-husband face, and it strucked her. Their eyes met. She could feel her cheeks are heating up as she looked down.

            “Sunggyu, why were you so late?” Mrs. Kim said, in her worried tone. Sunggyu apologized again and explained about the traffic jams that they’ve been through. “It’s okay,” Mr. Kim said, reassuring that everything was okay.

            “Hello, my name is Kim Sunggyu. Nice to meet you Mr. Jung and Mrs. Jung. I heard a lot about you guys from my parents.” He greeted them well. Looks like both Mr. Jung and Mrs. Jung also liked him. “What a nice son you got,” Mrs. Jung praised him. Sunggyu bowed to the elders before he took a seat beside Eunji. He swear that he barely couldn’t breathe because it’s the first time for him to sit so close beside a woman.

            “She looks beautiful,” Sunggyu said in his mind as he took a glance of the girl beside him. Is she really a high school grader? She looks so beautiful like a lady. Eunji in the other hand was so nervous, she held a grip of Naeun’s hand. She can’t even look to the person beside her, who is definitely her future-husband.

            “Anyway Sunggyu, where’s Myungsoo?” His mother asked him. Naeun flashed her eyebrows as she heard Myungsoo’s name. Myungsoo? Kim Myungsoo? The new tranfered student at their school?

            “Ah, he’s on his way. He said that he might be late a bit since he need to stop at the music store, picking up his guitar.” Sunggyu explained. Everyone was delighted to know that Myungsoo is good in playing guitar.

            “And… For your information, Myungsoo is one of Eunji’s classmates at their school, and yeah I heard a lot about her from him,” Sunggyu tried to throw the awkward feels between them. “Ah, really?” Eunji asked, finally had her courage to speak up with her future-husband.The parents seems happy since the both of them were developing so well on their first encounter.

            “Anyway, is this Myungsoo kid is also a part of the Kims?” Mr. Jung questioned. Mr. Kim nodded slightly, explaining that Myungsoo is their nephew who came all the way from Jeju to learn to be independent by living with them at Seoul.

            “There he is,” Sunggyu said, pointing at a guy who’s coming to their table. “Hello everyone, sorry I’m late.” He greeted all of them. His eyes caught the sight of Son Naeun. For God’s sake he couldn’t believe that Son Naeun is here. Looks like everything that he hopes, turned well. He took a seat beside Sunggyu, which also in front of Naeun. “I’m Kim Myungsoo. The son of Kim Hoseok and Kim Hana,” He introduced himself. “Hana and Hoseok are my groupmates of the Economics project when we studied at the Ireland University. It’s great to see you, son.” Mr. Jung said happily. “Please say hello to them for me. I haven’t see them for a long time.” He pleaded. Myungsoo nodded as well, feeling glad.

            “Let’s continue with our meal,” Mr. Kim announced. With that, everyone starts eating again. For all the time, Myungsoo had his eyes on the girl in front of him. She looks different. And he had to admit that she looks more beautiful in that dress. All boys would go crazy if they saw her in that dress because she looks freakin’ so beautiful. While Sunggyu and Eunji, in the other hand were having a little chat between them. They looked better together, and seems more comfortable with each other now. As they finished their meal, they started their discussion about the marriage. Both Sunggyu and Eunji were nervous, as the thing came.

            “Alright, should we just proceed with our earlier plan about the marriage,” Mrs. Jung suggested. None of them spoke. Everyone was totally in a deep thinking, including Sunggyu and Eunji.

Shouldn’t we give them some time to know each other?” Mr. Kim said, after a while. Mr. Jung also seems agreed about this thing. A month is too short for them. “But the earlier the marriage begin, the earlier the preparations can be done,” Mrs. Kim said, supporting Mrs. Jung suggestion. After a few recommendations, they finally decided to asked both of Sunggyu and Eunji to decide the wedding’s date. Both of them were totally strucked. They looked to each other, totally don’t have any idea of it.

            “Uh….” Sunggyu hesitated, so does Eunji. “Hey, what do you think?” Sunggyu whispered to her. Eunji gulped her own saliva as Sunggyu’s face is so close to her. Her cheeks started to heat up again. She shooked off her head, totally don’t have any idea of this thing. With a heavy sigh in his chest, Sunggyu finally said, “I’ll just follow your decision,”

            With that, both of their  parents finally decided to proceed with their earlier plan. The wedding would be held next month. Eunji could feel her heart beated faster as the parents announced the date of the wedding. 3rd March. The day where she’ll change her status from a single teenager into a wife of a future CEO. Sunggyu looked down, can’t even smile. His worries started to haunt him again. Will he manage to be a good husband?

            “I’m so happy that everything already been cleared. So the preparations should be done from now, right? I can’t wait to have Eunji as my daughter-in-law.” Mrs. Kim said excitedly. Eunji gave her a heartwarming smile, looking as if she was glad that she’s going to be her daughter-in-law so soon. The parents wrapped up the discussion by hugging to each other. Of course the four of them were happy that all of them were going to be in-laws. After a while, the parents excused themselves as they’re giving both Sunggyu and Eunji some time to know each other more. They leave the four youngsters at the restaurants and headed home with their cheerful heart, not knowing the sadness of Eunji and Sunggyu’s heart.

            “So… Looks like everything would be done as planned,” Sunggyu said, breaking up the silence between four of them. This is totally crazy. The parents shouldn’t just leave them here because the he knew that the awkwardness would come.

            “It happens so fast,” Eunji said, with a heavy sigh. She’s not even looking at Sunggyu, because she can’t. Myungsoo glanced at Naeun for the thousandth times. He didn’t even have a conversation with her yet. Maybe now is the right time for him to approach her.

            “Don’t worry, everthing’s gonna turn well,” Myungsoo was trying to encourage both of Eunji and Sunggyu. Even if he doesn’t know Eunji that well but he thought that Eunji is a match for Sunggyu. They would be a great combination together if they knew each other more.

            Myungsoo cleared his throat, “Anyway…. Naeun-sshi, it’s nice to meet you here,” Myungsoo suddenly said, trying to open up a conversation with the person in front of him. Naeun was slightly shocked since it’s the first time Myungsoo greeted after two hours she spent her time for being here.

            “Um.. Yeah, me too.. Myungsoo-sshi,” She answered him, hesitatedly. Sunggyu looked at Myungsoo and said, “Hey, it’s rare to see you opened up a conversation with a girl.” It shot Myungsoo. “Damn, this hyung.” He muttered under his breath.

            “Are you interested with her?” Sunggyu shot again, jokingly. Myungsoo gritted his teeth, trying to control himself. ‘You owe me this, Kim Sunggyu’. Naeun in the other hand were totally confused with what Sunggyu said. Eunji drew an evil smile on her lips. Suddenly it reminds her on how Myungsoo stared at Naeun all the time during the dinner last few hours. It’s obvious, like seriously.

            “What are you talking about? I just bumped into her during my way to the office and yeah.. That’s all,” Myungsoo explained, trying to clear all the mess that Sunggyu just created.

            “But really, Myungsoo-sshi. You were staring at Naeun all the time during our last dinner,” Eunji added while having a devilish smile on her face. Like seriously, Myungsoo was cursing both of them so hard in his mind right and thinking that two of them would be a great combination in wrecking up the other people’s brain. Just like they did to him.

Naeun just stayed silent, watching the three of them. She blushed slightly as she heard what Sunggyu and Eunji said about Myungsoo. That Myungsoo guy is totally funny. It’s the way more funnier when he bickered with Sunggyu about defending himself. Without her realize, a smile drew up on her lips as she stared at Myungsoo. He seems like a nice guy and it would be great if she can know him more

And yeah, after a long time I managed to make an update keke ;; I'm sorry for making a late update and yeah Eunji finally met Sunggyu. Aww, I just like the idea of Sunggyu and Eunji teased Myungsoo about him likin Naeun lol haha those still needs some time to know each other more. I can't make updates because I'm so busy with studies so yeah, I hope you guys would understand my condition. Thanks to the subscribers and my lovely readers. I hope you guys would keep supporting this story sobs. And now, I need to created a plot about Woorong keke I hope you guys would cheer me up on this ;;