(21)

What Life Is All About

After taking enough rest for two days, Chorong finally came back to the school and so does Naeun. It’s such a relief since she’s quite sure that her condition is finally stable. She walked through the school’s hallway, bumping into few of female students who’s looking at her welcomingly — more like relieved that she’s doing alright. Sighs, news really travelled fast sometimes especially when she’s one of the most important person in the school. The next thing that really amused her was when she bumped into Woohyun fangirls who caused her to end up being trapped in the old storage room. She didn’t utter a word though and just simply walked pass them. She didn’t have anything to be said to them. Maybe it’s better for her to stay quiet.

Until she reached her locker, Chorong finally stopped as she opened it to take some books for the her lessons today. That’s the moment when she realized that she got an Art class (which also the only same class that she attended with Woohyun). When she thought about it again, she felt guilty. Truthfully, she didn’t know how to face Woohyun — it would be freaking awkward if she suddenly talked to him after a week she’ve been avoiding him. God please help her.

Her feet stopped walking when her eyes caught a sight of Woohyun, the guy just walked pass her, like as if she’s not there in the first place. Chorong blinked, her mind almost couldn’t work properly when she tried to remember what she just saw. God, it’s just Woohyun — but hey, wait. He looks different. She totally means it, she swore that — he looks super different. God, who is this? She looked behind, her eyes meeting Woohyun’s cold back. For some reason, the guy’s back looked cold — she could hear the female students chattering and whispering as Woohyun walked through the hallway. Most of them would be impressed, she thought. How couldn’t they? The new image of Nam Woohyun would make any girls swoon to him. Now there’s something that Chorong realized when she looked at that guy again. His new hair color — more specifically the blonde color of his hair makes him look more attractive, and annoying too at the same time. Or maybe it’s only her to think like that. She clenched her teeth hard as she the female students’ whisperings again. She didn’t know why, but she have to admit that — she felt so pissed off. Maybe it’s better for her to get out from here. God dammit.


 

“Morning, dude.” Byunghun greeted Myungsoo happily as he just arrived at his table. Myungsoo blinked twice before looking at the extremely happy latter beside him. Byunghun looked super delighted, and for some reason Myungsoo is curious.

“You look...so lively.” He said, causing the shorter guy to drew a smile on his lips. His end point of his eyes squinted, making him looks annoyingly cute. Well, at least to Myungsoo.

“I am? Wow, I don’t even realize that. Guess that what people said is true. Love could affect you easily.” The brunette then laid his head against his table, smile didn’t even disappear from his face. Myungsoo scoffed, almost cringing when he heard Byunghun’s last words. Seems like his deksmate is having a major — love-sickness.But with who? It’s obviously not with Naeun because, um yeah he already said that he’s going to give up for Myungsoo’s sake. Aw, what a lovely deskmate he had.

“Anyway, would you mind sharing the reason why did you look so..... Extremely lively this morning? For some reason it makes me felt curious like hell.” Myungsoo uttered, bringing a light chuckle to Byunghun.

Byunghun straightened his body and leant against his chair, “Well,” Myungsoo tried to act as if he didn’t even paying attention towards what Byunghun gonna said (because oh well, to be honest he’s quite jealous).

“I’m currently dating to someone.” Myungsoo’s eyes went wide as he heard the guy’s words. Now he finally understood why his deskmate was being all happy. No wonder, he’s being totally lovesick.

“Who’s the lucky girl?” Well of course, the girl is lucky since she’s being able to catch Byunghun’s heart other than Naeun. Only that to Myungsoo, Naeun was his.

“The girl from our school’s cheerleading team. That girl who named, Kwon Sohyun. She confessed to me last week, and I’m kinda having my eyes on her too, so... Yeah.” Byunghyun replied, smiling sheepishly. Ah, that girl. She seems like Byunghun’s style anyway, and they might match each other well. Myungsoo didn’t knew much about her but since he’s involved for the photography session with the cheerleading team last week so he’s kinda recognized that girl. Out of that, deep in Myungsoo’s heart, he did felt jealous because Byunghun finally met someone that he likes and that girl even confessed to him. At least, he’s not one-sided.

“Congrats, again. I envy you alot.” Byunghun chuckled lightly and nudged Myungsoo. “You should have some courage, dude. Just confess to her already.” Byunghun said. Myungsoo totally understood of what Byunghun is trying to say. It’s obviously that he’s talking about Naeun. Well, who else that Myungsoo only had his eyes on? No one other than Son Naeun.

“It’s just — I still need plenty of time, I guess.” Byunghun left a pat on Myungsoo’s shoulder. “Seize the chance quick, while you have it.” Rather than an advice, Byunghun’s words sounded like a warning and a reminder. For some reason, maybe Byunghun is right. He shouldn’t let his feelings being kept like that any longer. But still, he needs to find a suitable time. He needs to know her more, then he’ll decide whether he’ll do it or not. All he needs is time and chance.

 


She’s currently in the Art Class and — she felt uncomfortable. Like seriously, she couldn’t even focus on Mr. Yoo’s lecture in the class. Her mind was flying to somewhere (which she also didn’t knew) and she found herself stealing glances of Nam Woohyun. Well, she actually meant the new self of Nam Woohyun.

God, it’s freaking weird. Chorong felt like she almost lost her own sense. What’s she’ve been doing? Why did Nam Woohyun distracts her so much today? Is it because of she felt guilty? Is it because she felt that ditching Nam Woohyun away from herself is definitely not a right thing to be done? For God’s sake, she’s confused with herself. And Woohyun too. There’s something wrong with that guy because he didn’t seem like his usual self. And it makes her uncomfortable.

“Class dismissed.” By the moment when the teacher finally announced that, Chorong finally being brought again to reality. Ugh, this is so not herself. She shouldn’t be thinking about Nam Woohyun right now. Didn’t she said and swore that whatever it is, Nam Woohyun is completely nothing to her? Or — did she just felt thankful of what Woohyun did for her before. Is it because he saved her in the other day?

As the other students were busy packing up their stuffs and getting ready to go home, Chorong did the same too. For some reason, today felt so long to her. And tiring too, she might collapse as she arrived at home.

“Can I see Miss Park and Mr. Nam for a while?” Mr. Yoo suddenly announced. She was surprised for sure, and she managed to catch how Woohyun reacted to that. He seems shocked too, and he looks like as if he wanted to run away from it. Chorong slowly shook off her head. No — it might not be like that. She walked towards Mr. Yoo while the others already dismissed, leaving only three people in the class. Woohyun came after that, standing alongside her. And Chorong felt nervous for no reason.

“Ah, the reason that I’m calling you two is — I want to talk about the Art project that you guys worked. It’s pretty impressive, so I’m planning to take it as a representative for Art & Design Club during the upcoming school’s festival. Is it okay for you guys?” The male teacher spoke proudly. Of course, he would be proud since the project is a success. Who wouldn’t, right?

Chorong nervously grabbed the hem of her skirt, not being sure of what she should said. It’s because the decision should be done by two of them, and it would be quite awkward if she just — “I’m agreed.” Woohyun said, causing the teacher to drew a smile.

“How about you, Miss Park?”

Without any doubt, Chorong nodded lightly as a sign for her to be agreed. Since Woohyun already said his decision earlier, Chorong then decided only to follow it. It’s not a big deal though.

“Thank you for your consideration. Well, then you guys can be dismissed for now.” Both of them bowed to Mr. Yoo before leaving the class together — only that Woohyun walked faster, leaving her behind and she tried to catch up with him.

She stopped walking when Woohyun suddenly stopped. Chorong gulped up her own saliva, her fingers slowly trembled. The moment when Woohyun turned back and faced her, she really felt something. She felt like as if she’s going to melt at that current time and her legs felt limb.

“What do you want, Park Chorong-sshi?” His voice sounded cold, totally different than the way how he always speak. Chorong gritted her teeth upon hearing his voice and took another step approaching him.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Chorong blurted out. Woohyun remained still, and his expression on his face is all cold. It makes Chorong felt like want to kill herself because she really thought that a cold Nam Woohyun looks extremely too hot for her. Wait, she shouldn’t be thinking like this.

“What do you exactly mean with ‘what is wrong with me’? I’m totally fine.” He said. Chorong clenched her fists tight, for some reason she felt angry about how Woohyun acted. He was absolutely fine during the last days. Or perhaps, did something happened to him during the last two days when she was absent? She really needs to know the reason.

“No, you’re not. Why are you acting like this?”

“Act like what?”

“Act like someone which is totally not yourself! The way you acted right now is definitely not like your usual self!” Chorong suddenly raged.

“Tch. Do you even have right to say that? I could act as they way I wanted. Who are you to even care?” Woohyun said sarcastically as he turned to the front. Chorong was shocked of course. She could never imagined that Woohyun would say such thing to her. He’s never been too harsh even though how much she bickered with him back then before. It’s just that — she could never accept the change.

“Just take care of your own business. Don’t mind me, Park Chorong-sshi.” With that he walked away, leaving Chorong alone at the hallway. Chorong found that her hands trembled as she tried to digest Woohyun’s words. What on Earth is happening? Woohyun continued to walk, trying hard to resist himself from looking back. His expression changed into a guilty one. Yes, he didn’t mean those words that he just said earlier but he had to. It’s the only way that he could make Chorong to stay away from him. He didn’t want her to be hurted because of him. Just thinking about what happened towards her during last few days made him to hate himself alot. It won’t happen if he approached Chorong at the first place. Ugh, how he wished that he wouldn’t have to deal with this. It’s too unfair for him.

“I’m sorry, Park Chorong. Stay away from me then you’ll be safe.”


 

“You came?” Eunji blinked for few times before believing on what she just saw. She just walked through the hallway that would lead the way to cafeteria and she bumped onto her husband. How surprising is that? Sunggyu chuckled as he approached her. Luckily that there’s not so many students at their current area, or else their super-big secret might be blown up.

“Seems like it. Don’t you think so?” She drew a smile while glancing towards Sunggyu who’s still in his working suit. It’s must be lunch break, so Eunji was figuring out that Sunggyu would fetch her to have a lunch together.

“Yeah, seems like it. So, are you fetching me up for the lunch?”

“Bingo. You’re quick in catching on. So, shall we?” Sunggyu held put his hand towards Eunji, making her blushed slightly. Eunji chuckled a bit before saying, “Oppa, we’re in school remember?”

Sunggyu embarrassedly took in his hand. Oh god, how could he forgotten about that? How careless himself was. Luckily his wife is totally aware of everything. Suddenly, he just realized something. Something that makes his heart kept fluttering.

“What did you just said?” Sunggyu asked, with an amused expression on his face. Eunji was confused at first but then she finally managed to catch on. Ah, this made her to feel super super embarrassed of herself. How come she just blurted that ‘word’ in front of him?

“Ah, come on. It’s nothing.” She shook her head continuously, hoping that Sunggyu would forget about it. But no, Sunggyu didn’t even give up after all. “I heard it. And I want to hear it once again. Pretty please?” Sunggyu flashed his eye smile, making her heart beated like crazy.

“Geez. I’m just going to say it once so hear it carefully.” Sunggyu waited with a great anticipation. Eunji inhaled a deep breath, looking as if she’s betting on her life regarding the matter.

“Oppa. Sunggyu-oppa.” Eunji took a great effort in saying that. Oh god, she couldn’t even stop blushing right now. It’s so embarrassing and so cheesy. Ugh, can someone just knock her out already? Sunggyu in the other hand was totally enjoying the current situation. He’ve been waiting this since the wedding day. He always thought that how cute Eunji would sound if she called him ‘oppa’ for once. And, he just couldn’t believe that the day would come.

“Alright. Now you already got what you wanted. So, buy me a lot of food for the lunch. I’m going to have an examination soon, a lot of energy would be needed!” Eunji was trying to brush away her embarrassment and Sunggyu found that it was a very cute thing to be seen.

“Alright, this oppa will buy you alot and alot of food so get ready to be full!” Sunggyu ruffled the girl’s hair playfully, causing her to blush again. Ugh, Eunji didn’t ever thought that her husband would be this good in teasing. Maybe it’s already the time for her to learn more about Kim Sunggyu. Yes, as a Kim Eunji she should do so.

“Come on, oppa. Let’s go.” Eunji pulled Sunggyu towards the place where he usually parked his car. Sunggyu couldn’t even stop smiling. He missed her so much even when he’s at the office. He really want to spend more time with his wife. Like seriously, he needs to.


Myungsoo drew a smirk on his lips as he watched the scene at the school ground. Being at the rooftop is absolutely a cool thing since you could see all the things up there. And there, he spotted his lovely cousin, Kim Sunggyu walking alongside his fellow classmate, Jung Eunji — no, it was supposed to be Kim Eunji. It’s such a pleasant sight and he likes it very much. Who would even thought that the two of them would quickly get used with each other? They really suits each other, no offense. Well, accept for the — quite far, but in love there’s no such thing like that. This is why love is such a beautiful thing.

“Myungsoo?” A voice came from behind. He drew a sweetest smile on his lips when he heard the voice. He could recognize that voice in no time. Also, he’s glad that he’ve been able to hear it.

“Yes?” He replied as he looked back, his eyes met a beautiful sight of a Son Naeun. A very peaceful look was plastered on her face and it makes Myungsoo to feel more than happy.

“Nothing. Glad to see you here.” She said, inhaling the fresh air. The wind was blowing gently, making her untied hair flew in a graceful way. It’s a beautiful sight to Myungsoo. Too bad, he didn’t bring his camera today. It’s such a waste to not being able to capture a picture during this moment.

“Yeah, me too.” He answered quietly, shifting his gaze towards the sight of the school again. Ah, he could already spotted that his cousin’s car was already gone. Myungsoo smiled upon that, having a thought that Kim Sunggyu grew up well. That hyung, is totally something. Whatever it is, Myungsoo is happy for him as long as he’s happy.

“Myungsoo-sshi.” The girl beside him called for his name, and he’s secretly admiring the way she called his name. It’s different from the other people because he could feel the fluttering feelings that occured inside him.

“Yes, Naeun-sshi?”

“The sky is beautiful. Aren’t it?” The girl shot a smile, which also shoot another arrow to Myungsoo’s heart. Without any doubt, Myungsoo lightly nodded while glancing up to the sky. The sky was blue and there’s few white cotton cloud attached on it. The sun is shining so brightly, just as if it’s smiling right now.

“You know what, I always wondered whether my mom and dad are watching me from up there or not. I mean you know, I want to know whether they’re happy, watching me living my life everyday.” The sudden confession that just skipped out from makes him to wonder too. And he found that it’s hard for him to imagine himself being at her place. She’s probably the strong one. The image of herself crying when she’s talking about her parents last time came again in his mind. And it broke his heart whenever he thought about it. She didn’t deserve it, because she’s such a wonderful person.

“I bet that they’re smiling happily whenever they watched you. They must felt happy because you and your brother are doing so well. Don’t ever forget that you’re such a wonderful person. They must be proud of you because believe me, you yourself is the source of someone’s happiness.” Myungsoo just can’t believe that those words came out from his mouth. But that’s the truth anyway, a truth that Naeun should know. Yes, she’s the source of his happiness.

“I don’t know why but after I heard to your words I felt so — relieved. It makes my heart could rest at peace. I hope that what you’re saying is true though.” She flashed a smile to him and he replied it with the sweetest smile he got.

The two of them just stood still, spending their time togetehr watching the scenery at the rooftop while waiting for the time to pass. And to Myungsoo, it’s one of the most wonderful moment in his lifetime. Spending time with a Son Naeun is a precious thing to be done for a Kim Myungsoo. Because she always knew how to make his heart flutters and amazed him in her own way.


Hi guys! Omg, I miss you guys alot and I’m sosooooooo sorry for not being able to update daily /cries/ college life is quite tough since I have to deal with tons of assignments haha. I really hope that you guys will feel satisfied with my current update sobs I really worked hard to finish it in just a night after leaving the draft for few months, I think? I’M SOSOOOOO SORRY AGAIN TSK T.T And I hope that you guys would be okay because I’m thinking to change the font into ‘Calibri’ starting with this chapter because I found that I grew fond of this font while writing lol (what a weird me).

And by the way, I went to MTV Worldstage 2015 last 12th September and sobs do you now how happy I was to see APINK in real life tsk I swear that I was like “OMG THEY’RE FREAKING REAL” “MY DREAM JUST CAME TRUE HEOL” kekeke I really enjoyed the show that night! Thanks to @Soul and @Jongscar for the help sobs without them I won’t be able to attend the show that night. I LOVE YOU GUYS SOBS /throws hearteu/ So I guess that I’m already short of time haha. Till we meet again for the next update, okay? Bye bye lovelies /ppyong <3/