(16)

What Life Is All About

Newlyweds Wedding Party;

           

            The crowd gave a very big applause as both Eunji and Sunggyu walked into the hall, her arm was linked with his, looking beautiful in her dress. While Sunggyu looked so elegant in his black tux, his hair was styled up, making him to look quite hot for tonight’s party.

            They made their way to their table which already filled with both of their parents, who seemed so happy for their children. As the party started, the classical music were played and all of the guests started to dig in for the delicious feast prepared. Everything was in a good condition, thanks to Nicole who worked hard to organize the party.

            Meanwhile, the other six girls were sitting in the same table, which located not quite far from the newlywed’s table. All of them looks perfect in their formal dress, looking like real ladies. And also, not forget to mention to control their behaviour since it’s a super-formal party because it was attended by few VVIPs.

            “Gosh, this is so hard. I couldn’t eat like I wanted to,” Bomi pouted as she whined. Of course, since she was the big eater among all of them, she’s having a very hard time to control her appetite. Well, the other girls too.

            “Girls, remind yourselves. It’s Eunji’s party so we need to make it look perfect,” Chorong hissed. Being the oldest between them made her to always remind the youngers to take care of their image. Indeed, they needed to. Being the heiresses of big companies is not an easy thing. You’ll always be watched by the other people. Including the business partners of their parents’ companies.

            “Come on, it’s for Eunji.” Naeun added, probably stating the main reason why they must behaved well. Seriously, out of six of them, she’s the most normal one. Even Chorong could lost it whenever her appetite grew big. And yes, the others nodded their head lightly and probably trying hard to control themselves.

            “I’m going to treat all of you after this party and we’ll eat whatever we want.” Yookyung said, munching on her food in the most etiquette way. Okay, that would help Bomi and Namjoo who’ve been craving for more food.

            While the others still digging in their food, Naeun and Chorong were already finished. Both of them were still busy watching the newlyweds with their parents. Eunji looks happy, which also made them happy too. Eunji’s happiness that all matters to them. Their precious, Eunji.

            “She looks so happy, right?” Naeun whispered to Chorong whose eyes were still on the newlyweds. Chorong nodded lightly with a thin smile on her face. “She is,” She replied shortly.

            Both of them almost cringed when they saw Sunggyu helped Eunji to wipe the dirt that she had on the edge of her lips. “Euw, that’s so sweet.” Chorong blurted out. Naeun chuckled lightly after hearing Chorong’s remark. She knew that Chorong is not the type of person who was fond of the romantic stuffs. While the other girls were totally cringing.

            “Aish, I want to experience that too,” Bomi said, causing herself to earn a smack on her head from Chorong. “Watch your words, young girl. You’re still young.” Bomi just rolled her eyes.

            “Geez, you need to open your heart more, Chorong-unnie.” She stuffed the sliced hams in .

            Bomi’s words caused Chorong to scrunched her nose cutely. “I did.” Her answer caused Bomi to stop eating. Her eyes almost popped out from its socket. “Really? Who?”

            Chorong smirked playfully while saying, “To all chicken feets in this world,” Bomi almost had a mental breakdown when she had Chorong’s answer. Gosh, this elder girl really knows how to troll with everyone.

            “Unnie, were you that upset because the chicken feet were not the part of the feast?” Bomi rolled her eyes, continuing her eating activity. Chorong scoffed. “You better finish up your food hurry, Yoon Bomi. It’s almost the dance session.”

            Naeun raised her brows when she heard the ‘dance session’ phrase. She needs to find her brother so that both of them could dance together.

            “Whoa, wait a second. Are we going to dance too?” Namjoo asked out of sudden. Gosh, Chorong palmed her face with a very annoyed expression. The younger ones were so ignorant of everything.

            “Yes, silly. You better find your partner now,” Yookyung nudged at Namjoo. Hayoung seems clueless about that too.

            “Guys, I need to find my brother. I better get him before the dance session starts,” Naeun said, standing from her seat. Wearing a dress made her to walked a little bit slow which annoyed her alot. Urgh, she hates it. Her eyes wandered to the all tables, finding her brother’s figure. Ah, this is so ridiculous. There’s so many people in here. It’s impossible to find him.

            “Gosh, I should’ve told him to sit near me.” She whined to herself. Seems like she needs to find the other partner for the dance session. But who?

           

            ‘Click!’

 

            The sound finally came again at last. She already expected this from the start. “Myungsoo..” Her lips muttered the name as her eyes found the person who made the sound. Myungsoo threw his warm smile. He’s standing a few steps away from her but still managed to take a picture of her figure. Damn, she looks so perfect in that dress.

            Naeun made her way to the latter. He was holding his camera like always. He never gone every where without his camera didn’t he? She was sure that he’s a picture-maniac or something.

 

            “Hi,” He greeted her shortly. Naeun replied it by drawing a thin smile on her lips. After for a while, she handed out her palm to Myungsoo.

            “What?”

            “Let me take a look of the picture that you just took,”

            “No.”

            “Why not?”

            “Because it’s mine.”

 

            He’s sounding quite serious which made her to finally gave up. He never showed them before so she didn’t expect much.

            “Tsk. So stingy.” She hissed while adjusting her dress. Myungsoo just watched all her actions. He really couldn’t deny the truth that his heart just fluttered when he saw her in dress last afternoon. Not to mention in the night too. She looks freaking gorgeous in her black dress. It was as if she’s the bride of the night. He swore on that.

            “Whatever.” He said, adjusting his camera again towards the girl. Naeun couldn’t even do anything to avoid it. It just happened.

           

            ‘Click!’

 

            “You’re doing it again.” Naeun said, totally annoyed. Even though she felt annoyed with that, but then she just let it. She didn’t even know why but... Well, maybe because Myungsoo is a nice person.

            “I know right,” He said with a grin on his face. He turned off his camera. “Okay, enough for today.” He signalled a worker to take the camera for him, probably keeping it out for a while. Then he turned back to her.

            “It’s the dance session time,” Myungsoo said, as he shifted his eyes on both Eunji and Sunggyu. The newlyweds were preparing themselves for the dance when they left their table. And sure their parents too. Everyone were standing up from their seats, finding their parteners.

            Naeun was totally panicked a bit as she still couldn’t find her brother. Her eyes kept wandering, trying to find her brother’s figure again. But then to no avail, she couldn’t find him. “Gosh, where is he?” Now she’s going to be very panic. Oh no, she needed a partner right now. It’s going to start soon.

            Myungsoo just watched all of her act with a smirk on his face. He’s still waiting for her to ask him to be her partner. But then he knew that she won’t. Son Naeun is such a naive girl that he ever knew. Naeun who realized that Myungsoo was still there finally nudged at him.

            “Hey, where’s your partner?”

            Myungsoo didn’t answer her question and only looked at her with a very meaningful smile on his face. Too bad that Naeun was so naive to realize it. It’s okay, it would be fun for him. When everyone already walked to the dance floor hand-in-hand, they’re still standing at their place. It hits Naeun real hard when she saw her brother walked with Nicole to the dance floor. Okay, seems like he just got himself his very own partner. Of course, she won’t felt bad about it but then she needs to find a partner for herself.

            “I guess that I need to excuse myself for a while,” Naeun said. Just as she made a few steps away from Myungsoo, the latter pulled her into his arms. Naeun almost couldn’t breathe right when her face met his chest. She looked up at him, that smirk that he had on his face made her heart pumped in a very fast rate.

            “It’s awkward to say this, but then... I would like to be your partner for tonight.” Myungsoo’s words made her to choke on her own breath. Was he kidding or what? He’s driving her crazy right now. “I...” Naeun stuttered, she couldn’t continue her words as Myungsoo dragged her to the dance floor.

            “Just enjoy the night,” Myungsoo whispered in a soft tone, and that was more than enough to make Naeun’s icy heart melted. His arms were wrapped around her waist. As the music was played, their body moves, following the beat. Myungsoo did a very well job in leading her. Well, she’s not that good in dancing; She’s totally in Waltz.

            That night, she experienced the thing that she never experience in her life. Dancing with a latter who has a perfect figure would be any girls’ dreams. So did she. And she felt like her dreams just became so true. Even though it feels so surreal.

            Naeun finally managed to stare Myungsoo in his eyes. His gaze probably sent shivers to her spine. “Oh my god, what’ve you done to me.. Kim Myungsoo.” They stayed like that for a while, staring in each other eyes while dancing. Ouch, how romantic was that.

            It’s Myungsoo who’s the one who broke their longing eye contact. A light chuckle escaped his lips when he caught something interesting. “Hey, look at that.” Myungsoo said, throwing his gaze to the other couple on the dance floor. Naeun’s jaw almost dropped when she saw what Myungsoo was saying.

            “Unbelievable,” The only word that she managed to say. Wow, it’s totally unexpected. Both of them let out their chuckle when they took a look at the stiff couple on the dance floor. “I bet that he must worked very hard.” Myungsoo marked.

            “Indeed. It’s not that easy to impress Chorong-unnie.” Naeun said in her chuckle. Myungsoo just smiled. Her chuckles sounded like a harmonious music in his ears. It sounds very beautiful. Very very beautiful to him. Gosh, how can he’s not attracted to her?

            Meanwhile, Chorong just kept being silent. Well, she was probably try to focus in dancing as she’s not that good in it. Furthermore, she didn’t want to embarrass herself for dancing terribly in the dance floor. Geez, blame Nam Woohyun for that. It looks like he’s the only one who’s enjoying

            “Hey,” Woohyun suddenly came which made her to freak out. It’s quite embarrassing as she’s trying to hide herself from the other guests. It’s the dance session and she’s the only who didn’t get any partner. Well, to be exact she didn’t need a partner because she doesn’t want to dance. Not for tonight. She’s freaking tired to do that.

            “What are you doing here?” She replied in a very cold tone, like she always be. It’s not that she’s trying to be mean but in this case... It’s Nam Woohyun. From the moment when she met him, she already declared that she hates him. The concrete reason was because he’s a player.

            Woohyun didn’t answer her question, yet he took a seat beside her. And that makes her felt very uncomfortable. Chorong took a glance of Woohyun, he’s wearing a black coloured tux and of course, he looked gorgeous in that. The thing that she couldn’t deny.

            “Why don’t you dance?” The question escaped his lips. Chorong didn’t know if she needed to answer his question. But then, she did.

            “No partner. And I’m not that good,” She could hear Woohyun’s steady breath, and it sent shivers to her spine which she didn’t even know why. “Damn. It feels so uncomfortable, here.” Chorong thought, almost cursed to herself. Park Chorong, get your senses right please.

            That’s it. She couldn’t take it anymore. She needs to get off from this kind of awkward situation. She stood up from her seat, but then just as she wanted to make her steps away, Woohyun caught her. He stood up from his place, securing her right hand in his.

            “Milady, where are you going?”

            She almost cringed when she heard Woohyun’s cheesy lines. It sounds so disgusting in her ears yet it’s a nice thing too to be heard. “Oh no. What’re you thinking, Park Chorong.” Chorong screamed in her mind. She needed to control herself. Woohyun was setting up a trap, and she’s not going to fall for it.

            “Get off your filthy hands from me.” She hissed which caused Woohyun to have this kind of bitter expression on his face. But then a smirk was formed on his lips. “Come on, let’s play this game.” He thought. He swiflty pulled her back to him, until she was in his lap. “Bingo.” He muttered under his breath.

            Chorong threw him a death glare, probably disproving his acts. “What the heck you’re doing?” Her voice sounded like a cold ice. But then it didn’t make him to stop. Woohyun took a deep breath as he brought his face near to her. Chorong gasped as he acted like that. In the same time, her heart was beating in a very fast rate. Gosh, how she wish that someone would save her from this freaking cassanova Nam Woohyun.

            “Do you still remember your promise?” He said, in a very soft tone. Chorong tried to remember all the moments that they’ve been sharing together for a while. Crap, she almost cursed when she remembered that she made a promise to him when she asked him to assign the wedding dress as their art project. As much as she wanted to deny it, but then she’s not the person who broke promises. The promise was created to be fulfilled.

            “Yes,” Her answer brought a bright smile on his face. Woohyun knew that Chorong won’t pretend as if she forgot her promise. She’s a reliable person. She won’t forget her promises.

            “I can ask for everything that I wanted, right?” Woohyun said. Chorong nodded lightly while looking down. No, she won’t break her promises. She already promised him, and she’s going to fulfill it.

            “Dance with me, then.” She raised her brows as she heard him. Did he just wasted his wish just for a dance. Okay, that’s not a very good choice. “Are you freaking serious?” She asked for his confirmation. He lightly nodded. She heaved a sigh, this is not good.

            “Hey,” Woohyun nudged at her. Chorong clasped her lips nervously. She never danced with anyone else before except for her father and..... Some person in her past.

            Woohyun held his hand out. Chorong seems to hesitate at first but then she took it. “Come on, just a dance. That’s better than anything.” Chorong tried to think a very positive way. Woohyun led her to the dance floor. She gasped as he put his arms, wrapping around his waist. It was weird but she did thought that his touches were gentle. Oh man, her heart was beating freaking fast.

            “Control yourself, Park Chorong.” She kept reminding herself.

 

            And that’s how she ended up being here, on the dance floor. Out all of the couples on the dance floor, they’re the stiff one. Gosh, it’s embarrassing! She kept stepping up on his foot. Weirdly, he didn’t even mind it.

            Woohyun just let her feet stepping on him. Well, he found it cute because everytime she made a wrong step, she would scrunch her nose or whined cutely. She’s making his heart bursts non-stop. After for a while, Woohyun stopped dancing. Chorong was quite taken aback, she thought that Woohyun might felt quite frustrated as she kept stepping on him. Yes, she felt bad for him.

            But her assumption was wrong. Woohyun adjusted his arms around her and hold her hand in his in a very gentle way. Slowly, he led her as they followed the beat of the music. And yes, it made Chorong felt quite impressed. Woohyun led her very well, she felt more comfortable right now. It was as if she looks like a person who danced well. That’s what Waltz is all about. You just need to relax.

            They danced, and danced. She swore that she never enjoy the dance like this much. It’s the first time. How awesome was that? Seems like she just fell into Woohyun’s magic spell. Her heart was thumping as the music beats. Chorong let out a heavy breath. “Luckily that it’s only for tonight.” She couldn’t bear being in this state for the upcoming day. Because for tonight, after a long time, her heart just opened. And it’s Woohyun who did that.

            Woohyun grinned, he was satisfied as he found that Chorong was enjoying the dance. Well, he didn’t expect that. She’s not the cold one anymore. Not for tonight. Sighs, Park Chorong really drives him crazy. She made him to have a feeling where he wanted to protect her so bad. A girl like Chorong doesn’t deserve to be hurted. And that caused him to make a pledge for himself; No more girls after this. No more playing with the girls’ hearts. All he wanted to do after this was... He wants Chorong’s heart. The cold heart of her, yet it could be warm sometimes. That’s how special Park Chorong was.

            Eunji just couldn’t stop smiling. Everyone seems happy tonight. And what amazed her was Naeun and Chorong with their partners. She knew it already from earlier that Naeun had a special place in Myungsoo’s heart. She could see that. And she was very confident that Myungsoo was a good guy. Aww, they looked perfect together.

            “I can’t believe that my little cousin finally opened his heart for a girl,” Sunggyu whispered in her ear. Eunji chuckled lightly as both of them took a glance of the other couple. That’s so unexpected. “Naeun too. For all this times, it’s only her brother. Now, it seems like she already got one.” Eunji joked.

            “And Chorong too. I can’t believe that she’s with Woohyun. You said that she was very cold-hearted towards guys.” Sunggyu said, leaning to her. Eunji blushed furiously.

            “Nah, a cold-heart could be melted with warmness. Don’t you know that?” Eunji replied, earning Sunggyu’s light chuckle. Sunggyu just can’t help but smile. His wife was full of wise words. How amazing was that?

            “That’s so sweet of you.” He complimented her, making her to blush again. Sunggyu was glad to have her in his arms. Well, he never danced before. And he’s glad that Eunji would be the first one. Seems like it’s only going to be her; Forever.

            Eunji put her head on his shoulder with her hands wrapped around his neck. And that makes Sunggyu’s heart fluttered. He liked her in that position.

            “Jung Eunji...” He called out her name, making her barely breath. His hot breath made her heart beated faster, in a very beautiful rythm.

            “It’s Kim Eunji, now.” Eunji corrected him. Yes, she’s right. She’s his wife afterall. Wow, that really sounds quite unreal. It felt like a dream to him. “Thanks for marrying me.” He whispered to her. That soothing voice of his really made her heart wanted to jump out. She lifted her head from his shoulder, her eyes were staring his.

            “Most welcome, Mr. Kim. And I’m glad to be your wife,” Her words really moved him. Sunggyu brought himself closer to her. Slowly, he left a very long peck on her fore head. Eunji couldn’t help but smile. She could feel love, care and gentleness in his touches.

            “Damn, I’m freaking love you.” Sunggyu muttered under his breath, yet it was loud enough for Eunji to hear it. And she felt very glad. For the first time, she finally heard someone chanted those three words to her.

            “And I love you too, Mr. Kim.”

            Everything looks so beautiful to them. The night would be the very meaningful night for the newlyweds. And also for the others. Maybe it’s their destiny. To meet up like this and to be united like this. And maybe, to experience the love like this.