(22)

What Life Is All About

And just like that, the summer arrived. As soon as the summer break started, everyone starts to hold a lot of plans. It’s summer indeed, it would such a waste if they only ended up being at home — without doing anything, whoa that’s . And it seems like our protagonists also had a plan on how to spend their summer break very well.

“Alright, who’s the one that came up with this idea?” Chorong asked sternly, looking at the other six girls who seemed quite nervous as the eldest one questioned. Namjoo and Hayoung kept giving signals to the second-eldest-line, Eunji and Bomi to save them from the wrath of the eldest while the middle-aged-line, Naeun and Yookyung just watched them silently. In the end, both Eunji and Bomi did gave in.

“Us.” The two girls raised their hands, causing Chorong to send them a ‘why-did-you-guys-do-that’ look. Sighing, Eunji finally explained the real plan: “It’s originally Sunggyu-oppa’s idea. Well, you know since summer break is going to arrive soon — and my parent-in-laws keep bugging us to go to have a honeymoon so.... Yeah. I think that explains.” Chorong raised her eyebrows, “You’re dragging all of us into your honeymoon plan?”

“Well, it’s not only us.” Bomi interrupted, causing the younger girls Hayoung and Namjoo to palm their faces and Yookyung just let out a low sigh. Wrong step, Yoon Bomi. Eunji gritted her teeth while sending Bomi a death glare. “Crap, Yoon Bomi I swear that I’m going to rip off that mouth from your face oh my god.” Eunji swore in her head. Bomi finally realized that she just dug her own grave but it’s already too late to go back and — “What do you mean with ‘not only us’?” Chorong sounded cold, and heck the dark aura is everywhere.

Naeun who had been silent for all time finally decide to meddle with the elders. She just can’t stand the dark aura anymore. “Alright guys, let’s just settle this down. It’s not even a big deal alright?” She said before sighing all over again. Chorong turned her attention to Naeun, causing Bomi to finally feel relieved. She just owed Naeun her life.

“Mind to explain?”

Naeun took a deep breath. “It’s the other six guys. I think that you’re good enough to figure out who are they. Am I right, unnie?” That sounds quite harsh but that’s probably the best thing you would do when you’re confronting the cold-side of Park Chorong. Naeun knew the elder too much and she already understands her a lot. And she did thought that the elder needed some time to think and clear out her mind.

Chorong had been quiet since Naeun spoke. There’s no words escaped from her lips, the dark aura seems going away. Phew, they’re saved.

“Come on. I really hope that all of us can join it. It’s already been a long time since all of us went to a trip. The more the merrier, right?” Eunji tried to convince the eldest again, hoping that the cold Park would change her mind. And she did — with a slight nod, before leaving the table. Yookyung, Hayoung and Namjoo already hugged each other and Bomi kept muttering “Thank you God” words as Chorong agreed. Eunji felt relieved of course. It won’t be fun if Chorong won’t be joining them — not when they already planned a good course for Chorong and Woohyun to make up. That’s one of the most important agenda of the trip. It’s a secret between her and Sunggyu of course, the match-making plan had been in their mind when they discussed about the honeymoon plan.

Flashback;

“So Mum and Dad had been bugging us to go to somewhere for a honeymoon. Do you have something in your mind?” Sunggyu asked as soon as he sat on Eunji’s bed, his eyes diligently watched Eunji who’s sitting at her study table. He just came back from work and changed into his pyjamas and he was about to sleep but then he just remembered that he had something to be discussed with his wife. Luckily, Eunji wasn’t asleep yet, it seems like his wife was still struggling to finish her schoolwork. Eunji stopped writing and turned the chair, causing her to face her husband who’s sitting on her bed.

“Honeymoon?” She blurted out, sounding quite confused. For some reason she felt embarrassed when she heard the word. She didn’t even know why. Unlike Sunggyu, he seems so relaxed and usual, she guessed. “You’re going to have your summer break soon, right?” He asked, getting the answer from her right away with a single nod. “I still have like 2 weeks more, and then I’m off for summer break.” Sunggyu hummed as heard that. Seems like he’s simulating a plan in his head.

“What do you think if we spend your summer break holiday at Jeju? I think it’s a good place to have honeymoon?” Sunggyu said, staring at her straight in her eyes. Eunji gulped as she felt her heart thumped in a fast rate — oh my god, here we go once again. She tried to be natural, trying to act like as if she’s thinking. Jeju? She hadn’t went there for a long time. It would be good to be at Jeju, she can experience the ocean instead of being trapped in the ‘stone jungle’ also known as the metropolitan city. Hm, Jeju is definitely good.

“I guess that, it’s okay. I’ll just go with your idea.” Sunggyu drew a smile after knowing that his wife agreed with his idea. Now, the second one. “I don’t mind if the other girls want to tag along.” Huh? Eunji was quite shocked when Sunggyu said that. “The other girls?” She asked as she was slightly confused. Sunggyu started to feel nervous, worried if Eunji got the wrong idea. It’s not that he want the other girls to tag along on purpose, but he did thought it as a security measure. If he and Eunji are alone — for God’s sake, he can’t imagine what would happen. She’s still a high school girl, like seriously. It would be inappropiate if they — yeah, you know what I mean.

“I’m probably okay with that. I’ll let them know later.” Eunji replied, feeling quite enlighten after hearing Sunggyu’s plan. She’s going to make sure that she’ll have a proper rest and fun during the summer breaks. The classes gonna be quite tough after this, so she want to enjoy herself while she can.

“Hm, but I think that I want to drag the boys along too. You won’t mind don’t you?” Eunji gave him a confusing look. “Boys?” She questioned. Sunggyu let out a little chuckle, “I mean Myungsoo and the others. Woohyun has been complaining lately for not having enough of my love. Sungyeol and Hoya too.”

“They really sounded like your real brothers.” Eunji added, quietly adoring Sunggyu’s devotion towards the other boys. She needs to admit that she felt quite jealous of them but of course — she’s more special for him. “I won’t mind. Since they’re my schoolmates, so why not? All of us already known each other for months right?” Sunggyu felt relieved upon hearing Eunji’s agreement on his proposal. He knew that she won’t let him down.

“By the way, speaking of Woohyun — have you heard anything from him?” Eunji asked out of the blue. Sunggyu gave her a ‘did-something-happened’ look, asking for an explanation.

Eunji sighed, “I don’t know, but I think something is off between Chorong-unnie and Woohyun. I just saw both of them being in a good term for last few weeks but now, they acted like as if they’re strangers and for God’s sake, it’s really bothering!” Eunji complained to Sunggyu about those last years students who supposed to grow up. Gosh, these two really know how to drive them crazy.

“Hm, I haven’t been talking to Woohyun much lately. I know that they’re not really good with each other but being strangers — that’s not something that Woohyun would do. Unless with a reason.” Sunggyu knew Woohyun really well. He already treated the latter and the others like his own real brothers. As a grown up, he felt quite responsible to fix these problems.

“I hope that the trip would help them to be like before again. At least, I don’t want them to be strangers. Just ordinary friends are enough.” Eunji stated, feeling so frustrated while thinking of those ‘stone-headed people’. Sunggyu chuckled as he brush her index finger softly on Eunji’s nose bridge. The girl was surprised of course but rather than that, she felt fluttered. She could feel her face heating up slowly, and hearing to Sunggyu’s chuckle drove her heart to beat like crazy.

“You’re too nice you know. People would take advantage on you. How I wish that you could be less kind-hearted. Only a bit.” Sunggyu said softly, rather than an advice Eunji took it as a tease. Geez, this old man.

“Ugh, Oppa please. You should be grateful to have me a very kind-hearted person as your wife.” Eunji sounded quite proud, making Sunggyu want to again. “Yeah, I guess that I’m very lucky to have you as my wife then. A very very very kind-hearted one that makes my heart feels like want to burst at no time.” Eunji blushed again as Sunggyu laughed. “Whatever.” She rolled her eyes, trying to focus on her homework again. Duh, seems like she’s going need a healer after this or maybe a heart medicine because her heart is so uncontrollable when it comes to Kim Sunggyu!

“Great then, it’s all set! We’re going to Jeju for summer break!” Sunggyu wrapped their discussion up as he stood up from the bed. He’s going to make two cups of coffee as it seems like someone is going to need a company to finish up her homework.

 

 

“Ready to go?” Dongwoon asked, taking his car keys along with him. “Of course.” The young teenager replied as she pulled her black-coloured luggage, going down the stairs. It’s finally summer and Naeun is absolutely all excited for the summer break trip along with her favourite people. Too bad that her brother couldn’t tag along because oh well, does corporate guys even spend the summer break? He’s going to America after all.

“Ugh.” Dongwoon softly grunted as he took a look at his little lovely sister. “Look at you, feeling so excited for the trip which is probably the one without me. Tsk, should I take a leave?” Her brother was being as usual of course, too protective. Naeun giggled as she approached the elder with a pout on her lips.

“Of course, it won’t be fun without you either. We’re going to have another trip later on, alright? Um, maybe during your honeymoon if you’re getting married soon?” Naeun chuckled as she saw Dongwoon’s shocked face. The elder surely felt embarrassed.

“What’s with that attitude huh? Teasing your precious brother again, gosh you’re cheeky.” Naeun scrunched her nose after the elder put a soft pinch there. Well, she doesn’t want to be the third wheel.

“Yeah, yeah whatever. Don’t forget to send my regards to Nicole-unnie as soon as you meet her. Maybe you can send few hugs too.” Naeun winked and stuck her tongue out before getting away. “Oh my god. What’ve you done to my little sister?” Dongwoon prayed, trying to chase the younger. Oh, they’re going to be late to the airport.

 


Incheon International Airport;

 

“Alright, here we are kiddo.” Dongwoon said as he parked right in front of the entrance. Naeun quickly unbuckled her belt and get off from the car. Luckily they arrived on time. Well, she blamed herself for being the one who caused their cat fight.

“Hey, you’re finally here!” Eunji who suddenly came out from the entrance quickly approached the two siblings. Being generous as she was, she lent a hand to carry some Naeun’s stuffs. Sunggyu followed up after a bit later, greeting Dongwoon along with some corporate stuffs to be talked on before Dongwoon left as he needed to attend some business at the office.

Another van arrived right behind where Dongwoon’s car was parked. It’s totally obvious that the van carried quite a lot of passengers. The first one to be out from the van was Dongwoo, followed by the tall guy, Sungyeol. It took quite long for the others to get out because Sungjong literally fell asleep on their way to the airport and it’s such a pain in the to wake him up, duh they should just threw off the youngest instead. Hoya was lucky enough because he took the seat beside the driver, phew he didn’t need to deal with Sungjong’s sleeping at least. Sungjong got off from the van, followed with Myungsoo who had a DSLR camera in his hand and lastly, the sleepy Nam Woohyun. For god’s sake, Woohyun looked like as if he’s going to faint at no time.

“Seriously Woohyun, are you okay?” Sunggyu said as he approached the blonde puppy. Woohyun didn’t answer but instead he pulled on his hoodie to cover up his bloated face. God, he barely got peaceful sleep because his mind was drifting away too much. He gave an ‘okay’ sign with his fingers and walked to Dongwoo who’s busy unloading their luggages. Thank god.

“Hey, there.” Myungsoo greeted Naeun who’s busy talking with Eunji, ignoring the others. Nah, he’ll get his luggage later. Naeun smiled upon his greeting, only shrieked a bit when a flash of light suddenly illuminated her face and Eunji’s.

“Kim freaking Myungsoo, damn you. At least, ask for our permission first!” Eunji nagged as she blinked her eyes continuously. Myungsoo just chuckled while smiling sheepishly as he checked the picture that he caught just now. It’s perfect, just like always.

“Good morning.” Myungsoo said as he gazed towards Naeun. Eunji already left them as she followed Sunggyu to give a hand to the other guys. Duh, they’ve brought a lot of things for a three days-vacation.

“Morning too. You look so energetic in the morning. Totally a morning person, huh?” Naeun let out a soft chuckle, causing the butterflies to be formed in Myungsoo’s stomach. Oh goodness. As they drove each other into a conversation, another car arrived which Naeun really recognize. Oh, she finally came.

“Sorry for being quite late.” A girl with a straw hat stepped put from the car along with a soft-pink coloured luggage. Myungsoo stole a glance at Naeun who seems totally expecting the girl’s arrival. His eyes moved to the van that he rode earlier, trying to find someone’s figure which he couldn’t even find.

“Woohyun isn’t here. I hope that she won’t be surprised when she see him later.” Myungsoo talked slowly, enough for Naeun to hear. The girl nodded as she was agreed of what he said. The other plan of this trip is to make sure Chorong and Woohyun to make up because all of them are friends. Even though Chorong and Woohyun never had a good start with each other, but they knew that those two could be good friends with each other. By the way, it would be awkward to both of the group because of those two cold attitude with each other. Someone should at least help them to fix it.


“Naeun-ah, you arrived quite early!” Chorong greeted her after the car she came with earlier already left. She gave a thin smile to Myungsoo who’s sitting to Naeun, causing her to have a thought about Woohyun. Chorong tried to knock all of the negative thoughts off from her mind, by the way she hadn’t seen any signs of Woohyun, yet.

“Where’s the girls?”

“They’re probably inside. They came quite early after all, Bomi-unnie and Namjoo would be munching some snacks by now.” Naeun’s reply caused Chorong to finally decide to go into the airport. It’s unfair if those two were going to eat without her, how dare!

“I’ll go inside, I guess.” Chorong dragged her luggage and walked through the entrance — only that she bumped into someone after she had few steps ahead, causing her luggage to fall from her grasp. She almost got angry, but when she looked up to see the person who she bumped to her lips felt as if they’re numb. Her eyes didn’t blink at all as they gazed at the person in front of her right now, well to be more frequent; the person who just bumped into her. She couldn’t help herself but stare at his soft blonde-coloured bangs that had been creeping out from his black hoodie, a mask was covering the half of his face and his eyes seems so puffy.

“I’m sorry.” The guy apologized as he helped her with her luggage. Chorong just stood still as the guy left her immediately after he helped her. Chorong couldn’t help but sigh. She heard that the guy was coughing for continuous times and it makes her felt worried a bit. She hated this kind of feeling so much ugh — god, it makes her feel so guilty.

“Oh, Chorong-unnie!” A voice called her from the front. Chorong glanced to the current direction, only to find Hayoung who’s wearing her casual attire running to her. “Unnie, you’re finally arrived! We’ve been worried, oh my god — we thought that you’re not going to come!” Hayoung sounded like as if she just got herself saved from being eaten by piranhas. Thank goodness that Chorong showed up.

“Why do you guys had that kind of thought? How could I leave you guys having fun without me huh?” Chorong said, putting her hands at her waist. Hayoung let out an awkward chuckle before saying, “Ha ha, because we thought that you don’t want to come as Wooh—” Oh shoot. Wrong timing Oh Hayoung, wrong timing. Chorong averted her gaze towards Hayoung who’s having a difficult time with herself.

“Stupid, stupid, how come you utter his name in front of her!” Hayoung muttered to herself. Like seriously, she should’ve just kill herself or drown herself in the sea by now. God, she only hopes that Chorong won’t be so pissed off by her words earlier.

“Hayoung-ah.” Chorong called the young one with the calmest voice. She’s not angry at all. If she didn’t saw Woohyun just now, she would be angry but then — nah, she’s just going to let it slip away. She didn’t have any reason to be angry though. Why would she be angry anyway, duh the kids were thinking too much.

“Yes, unnie?” Hayoung prayed for her life, hoping the elder didn’t throw any tantrum at her. Chorong is definitely one of the nicest humankind that she’ve ever known but sometimes she could be a little uh, scary.

“Where’s Bomi and Namjoo?” Instead of getting angry, Chorong had a better idea. It would be greater for her to fill up her stomach with good food rather than thinking about those negative thoughts. It’s summer break after all, she should be enjoying it right? Sighs, she wondered if Woohyun was okay — because she hopes that he is.

 

 

Hi guys, I miss writing sobs. Sorry that I took too long to finally made an update tsk I'm just toooo toooooo busy with college stuffs and my studies. Final examination will come soon and I have to write essays for 2K words damn I'm going very very extremely busy (Haha, pls pray for me omg ;_;) Anyway, I hoped that you guys like the new update and pls stay tuned for the next update even though I don't know when I will make it ha ha omg I love you guys so much /hearteu finger sign ♥/