03

What Life Is All About

Myungsoo threw himself on the bed. His body was totally worn out after organized all his stuffs .The guest room that his aunt prepared for him just great. Totally matched with his taste. The wall is painted with light colour colour at one side and dark colour on the other side. Well , it should be called as his room not a guest room anymore. He let out a sigh. The wardrobe is already full of his clothings and stuffs.

Tteonajima deorasseo jima idero bonael su eobeso ..

Ireon nal dugo gandago beosonal su eobseo ..

Cause you’re my destiny..

His phone rang. His right hand reached the all-black coloured iPhone which was located beside him. The caller’s name written was “Mum”. He hit the answer button.

“Hello.”

“Hello? Myungsoo-yah!”

“Yeah , Mum. What is it?” He asked while lying his body on the bed. Seems like his mother were too worried about him.

“Are you doing alright there? You should’ve called me after you arrived at you aunt’s. Haish this kid!” He chuckled as he heard his mother’s infamous nagging.

“I’m okay. Don’t need to worry about me Mum. I’m already a grown-up person.” He said. He can hear his mother letting out a long breathe.

“I’m so relieved when you said that. I hope you won’t cause any trouble to your aunt. How’s your  new bedroom? Is it comfortable for you?”

“Well , it’s just perfect. Looks like Aunty Minji really knows how to organize things well. Besides , I’m going to transfer to my new school tomorrow. So yeah , you don’t have to worry.” He convinced his mother.

“Alright then. Good luck on your first day at the new school tomorrow.I will miss you a lot , boy.” His mother said jokingly. He couldn’t help but chuckled. For his mother , he’s still a kid. Gosh , his mother should just accept the fact that her son is already a grown-up person. He’s not a kid anymore.

“Yeah , thanks for the wishes Mum. I need to go now. Will call you back next time okay? I love you.” He said his last words and bid his goodbye. He let out a heavy breath. He laid on his bed again. Trying to relax himself. In the other hand , he also remind himself his intention to be here and why he’s here.

“Mum , Dad. I have request.”Myungsoo said breaking the silence between three of them. Her parents who’s enjoying their dinner stopped eating and paid their attention.

“What is it , Myungsoo?” His mother asked while his father only kept himself in silence. Myungsoo took a breath and gathered his strength. He need to do this.

“I want to move to Seoul.” His mother’s jaw dropped as she heard what he said. His father didn’t say anything but his eyes’ gaze shows Myungsoo that he need an explanation on what he’d just said.

“I want to learn how to be independent.”

“Myungsoo-yah , you don’t have to. Please say to me that you’re not going to go!” His mother persuaded. Myungsoo eyed his mother pleadingly. His father already stood up from his seat. Myungsoo didn’t even bothered by his father’s action.

“Just do whatever you want.” His father said before leaving the dining room. Like he’s expected. His father will not be a problem since he didn’t even care about what his son’s life. He only cares his works and that damn company. His mother was completely stunned by what his father said.

“Jagiya! How could you let him go just like that! He’s still a kid!” His mother stood up from her place and ran for his father. She would be persuading her husband to avoid their only son from moving. Myungsoo sat still at his place while enjoying his dinner. Hoping that he could have a farewell dinner with his mother on the other day. His mother came back after a few minutes. Her expression was dull.

“Alright. We’ve decided it.You can go to Seoul.” Myungsoo drew a smile as he heard his mother.

“But there’s one condition.”

“What is it , Mum?” He asked , curious.

“You’ll live with your Aunty Minji okay? I can’t let you live by yourself alone.” His mother said. Myungsoo let out a sigh after he heard the condition that his mother said.

“Mum , I’m not a kid anymore. I’m seventeen for God’s sake.” He tried to defend himself. It irritates him so much when his mother treated him like a kid. She need to face the truth that he’s already grown up. He could do anything by himself.

“But , sweetheart I’m still worried about you. Just agree with my condition and I’ll let you go to Seoul.” With that , Myungsoo gave his mother a little nod which means he agreed.

So that’s how he managed to be here. He didn’t even mind staying at his aunt’since he’s quite close with his aunt. By the way , Sunggyu also live at the house too so he would be comfortable enough to stay there. But he still hope that he could find a place for himself.

“Naeun-ah , I’m going to be late tonight so don’t wait for me okay ? And Eunji , stop thinking about it. Just stay focused on your study.”  Dongwoon said as he dropped the in front of the school gate.Naeun just nodded.

“Yah! I’m a good student indeed.” Dongwoon chuckled at Eunji’s statement.

“Still.. You need to study right kids?” He used both of his hands to ruffle those girls’ hair. Both Eunji and Naeun shrieked at his action.

“Oppa!” Both of them shouted at him. Dongwoon bid his goodbye and drove off.

“Geez , that Oppa is being too cautious to his beautiful dongsaengs.” Eunji said as they walked into the school. Naeun chuckled at her statement.  

“Naeun! Eunji!” Bomi called them. She rushed to them.

“Oh , what is it unnie? Why did you look such in rush?” Naeun asked as she approached them. Bomi was breathing heavily since she ran too fast.

“I heard that some new guys will transfer to our school today!”Bomi said while panting.

“Eh? So what’s so important about it?” Naeun asked.

“I heard that one of them is the heir of Kim Corporation.” Eunji’s jaw dropped as she heard that.

“And I heard that he’s in the same grade with us.” Bomi said to Eunji.

“Unnie , it does make sense that he’s maybe a family member of your so-called-future-husband right?” Eunji agreed with Naeun’s statement. Bomi was confused when she heard her.

“What do you mean a family member?”

“Well , Eunji-unnie’s so-called-future-husband is a man you know. My Oppa said that he’s a 23 years old person.” Bomi’s eyes widened as she heard what Naeun said. Eunji already kept her face down.

“What!????? How could your parents force you to marry such an elder person!? Goshhhh he’s 6 years apart for God’s sake!” Bomi expressed her anger.

“Yah! Yah! You’re being so dramatic you know.” Eunji said with a chuckle. Three of them started walking to the school hall.

“Guys , I need to go somewhere. I’ll see you during lunch , okay?” Naeun said while bidding her goodbye.

“So… You don’t feel worried about the arranged married anymore eh?” Bomi asked. Eunji drew a bitter smile.

“Nope. Maybe I just should proceed to the marriage.”

“What makes you said that?”

“I don’t know… I just feel like.. Maybe it’s my fate.” She muttered. Bomi gave Eunji a little hug.

“You’re strong Jung Eunji. I know you are.” Bomi comforted her. Her lips drew a bright smile. She’s so grateful to have people that cares about her so much. It’s them who makes her stronger.

“Gosh! I’m late!” Naeun mumbled to herself while running towards the teacher’s office. She rushed into the teacher’s room. Her eyes was searching for her homeroom teacher, Mrs. Han.

 

“Son Naeun!” Mrs. Han called her. She approached her teacher quickly and bowed to her.

 

“Teacher , I’m sorry for being late. Here , the papers that you want me to submit.” She said as she handed her the papers. Actually those are my essays for the upcoming competition. Mrs. Han encouraged her to join it since Naeun is good in writing essays.

 

“Alright. I'll check them later , okay? Thanks for your participation.” She said as she took the paper. Naeun bowed to her and excused herself. While she’s on her way to the entrance , she bumped into a male student. It seems like he's a new transfer. Naeun bowed a little at him. He didn't even react but he stared at her. Naeun gulped her own saliva. She couldn't go through the door since he's blocking it.

 

“Excuse me. Can you move a bit? I have a class to attend now.” She asked him politely. He's staring at her with his pair of cold eyes which makes her to shiver a bit. It's uncomfortable to her, being stared by a guy like that. Gosh , she needs to get out from here.

 

“Oh, are you the new transfer? Come in then. You should fill up some forms before you entered your class.” A teacher voiced to him. Naeun felt so relieved. He started to move a bit. She thanked to him and stepped out from the teacher's office. 

 

“Hey,” He called me. She spun her body around to look at him. “See you later,” He said with a smirk and closed the door. Naeun was totally shocked. For God's sake, she didn’t even know him! 

 

“Maybe he's just being friendly.” She mumbled to herself, trying to think positive about the new transfer student. “Oh no , I'll be late for my Art class!” Naeun quickly bolted to her class. She’s going to be dead if she was late.