(17)

What Life Is All About

It’s already been a week since the wedding party, and Woohyun hasn’t talk with Chorong. Except the moment when they presented their project in front of the entire class. Truthfully, it’s a success. A real great success, indeed. He’s kinda impressed by Chorong’s way of presenting; Like as if she’s a real fashion designer. And thanks to her, they got the best marks among of all the students. Woohyun was happy. He never felt this happy. But it saddened him by the fact that Chorong kept herself away from him. Like seriously, it frustrated him a lot. He felt like being tortured. For the whole week, he hadn’t hear Chorong’s voice.

            “Gosh. You’re torturing me, Park Chorong.” He muttered under his breathh while slamming his head to his locker. Damn, he felt so frustrated. Like seriously, he didn’t know if he did anything wrong to her that she kept running away from him.

            “Wow dude. You’re looking damn frustrated.” A voice greeted him. He rolled his eyes as he glanced to the owner of his locker’s neighbour. A boyish grin was plastered on the tall latter’s face.

“Cut that off, Lee Sungyeol.” Woohyun knew that Sungyeol was teasing him. Being an optimistic person he was, he never felt this frustrated. Seriously, it was suffocating him. Sungyeol chuckled lightly upon his respond. Nam Woohyun really needs help, right now.

“Talk to her dude.” Sungyeol adviced. Woohyun threw him a death glare. He already warned Sungyeol to not even utter about this matter. But then it seems like Sungyeol was right. He couldn’t hide his feelings anymore. Was he that easy to be read? He let out a heavy sigh.

“What can I do? She kept running away.” He muttered, feeling discouraged. Sungyeol looked at Woohyun in disbelief. Like seriously, the cassanova Nam Woohyun really didn’t know what he should do? Wow, this is a very big problem.

“Just do it. Like you always did to the other girls. Serenade her or give her some present or anything that she likes.” Sungyeol suggested. For some reason, Woohyun disagreed.

“No.”

“Why?”

“Because Park Chorong is not like the other girls. She’s different.”

By hearing Woohyun’s words, Sungyeol could already made a conclusion; The cassanova Nam Woohyun is in love. Deeply in love, to be exact. And it’s a good thing. Sungyeol was quite relieved. He was right about Park Chorong. That girl will change Woohyun for good. Woohyun needs to forget the pain of his past.

“Then... Get her by your own way. The way that she deserved to be treated.” Sungyeol pat his friend’s shoulder, hoping that it would encourage him a bit. And it’s a yes. Woohyun felt enlighten a bit.

“Yes! You’re right, man! Oh my god, like seriously I think God really sent you to save me!” Woohyun shoved Sungyeol in a tight hug. The tall latter almost choked on his own breath.

“Gosh, this is freaking embarrassing!” Sungyeol whined as he was released from the freaking tight hug. Woohyun rolled his eyes. Geez, Sungyeol should be grateful to be hugged by him. He doesn’t even know how many girls are crazy for his hugs.

“Thanks man!” He said again before he went off. Sungyeol stared at the running Woohyun, he shook off his head. “Gosh, someone please help him.”

 

            “Yah Kim Myungsoo, I dare you to confess.” Eunji nudged at Myungsoo. The latter glared at his so called cousin-in-law. Such a relief that her voice was not that loud. The other students won’t hear them though since both of them were having their conversation at the back of the class.

            “Confess about what?” Myungsoo said, pretend as if he didn’t know about anything. Eunji smirked. The teachers were not going to attend their classes for a while since they needed to attend the meeting. Eunji took this opportunity to ask about this matter to Myungsoo. Like seriously, it’s obvious that Myungsoo got a thing for Naeun. From what she saw during her wedding party, both of Myungsoo and Naeun likes each other. It’s freaking obvious.

            “Keep playing like that. I’m going to make sure that Naeun won’t go close to you after this,” Eunji said, probably teasing him. And yes, Myungsoo was pissed off.

            “Don’t you—”

           

            “Did you guys just talked about Son Naeun?” A voice interrupted their little war. Myungsoo rolled his eyes, trying to be ignorant.

            “Um... Yeah..” Eunji said on behalf of them. She threw an awkward expression towards Myungsoo’s deskmate; Lee Byunghun. Myungsoo was quite pissed off when a smile crept on Byunghun’s lips.

            “Son Naeun... Damn, she’s a goddess!” Byunghun said dreamily. Myungsoo tried hard to control his expression. Like seriously, he almost exploded when he heard Byunghun’s words. Even though Byunghun is his deskmate, he’ll be against him if he had a strong interest on Naeun. “No, she’s my girl. Don’t even dream of it.” He thought.

            “Yah, Jung Eunji! Like seriously, you’re quite close to her. You should introduce me to her! I’ve been having my eyes on her since the middle school.” Byunghun’s words really fired Myungsoo’s ears. Eunji could see the bitter expression that Myungsoo curently had on his face. An evil smirk crept on her face. “Not interested with her eh?”

            “Alright, Byunghun. Sure, why not right? I’m going to introduce her to you in the other time,” Eunji said, nudging at the brunette. Myungsoo eyed both of them annoyingly. Eunji annoyed him the most. He needs to do something so that Byunghun won’t meet Naeun in the future. “Gosh, no way.” He whispered to himself.

            After Byunghun walked off, Myungsoo glared at Eunji. “What’s that for huh?” Myungsoo’s words caused Eunji to pull a smirk on her face. “There, Kim Myungsoo. I knew it.” Eunji clicked her tounge.

            “I just do what I should.”

            “What you should?”

            “Yeah. A friend just asked me for a help. I just did what I supposed to do,”

            “Pffft. Yeah right.”

            “Are you jealous?”

            “Of cour—”

            Myungsoo stopped. Now he knew what Eunji’s up for. Dang. He fell for it. “Stupid Kim Myungsoo.” He cursed himself. Eunji drew a victorious smile, finally he said it. Myungsoo just fell on her trap. Oh come on, he should let her know from the start. She would help him for sure.

            “Gosh, I guess that I need some fresh air,” Myungsoo said, he bolted through the back door. His steps become fast. He was completely in deep humilation, right now. Damn, Jung Eunji.

            “Gosh, Sunggyu-hyung. You need to take care of your wife more.” He thought.

 

            Chorong laid her head against the table. Like seriously, Maths was driving her crazy. It’s not that she’s in it but Maths just so complicated for her. Her head felt quite dizzy since she’ve been torturing herself to study the subject for about 3 hours without stop. Damn, it would be nice if she could have Dongwoon’s brain. Dongwoon is really good in Maths, since he majored in Economics. No wonder that he’d been promoted as his family’s company CEO in the age of 23.

            “Gosh, my head almost exploded.” She whined to herself as she pushed away all the books from her sight. They better go away before she puked on them. It’s already 4PM in the evening. The other girls, surely already arrived home. A smile crept on her lips as she remembered the sight of Eunji being fetched by Sunggyu after the school. It’s such a coincidence to meet them before she went to the library. Aww, Sunggyu is a reliable husband. She envied Eunji for that.

            “Such a happy newlyweds,” She muttered, her eyes already being closed. Well, guess that she’s going to take a short nap for a while. She’s freaking tired. But then the peaceful moment didn’t last long when she heard a sound of chair being pulled. She lazily opened up her eyes and looked up. And she swore that she regretted it. She should just pretended that she’s still asleep, but then it’s too late.

            “Did I just interrupted your beautiful nap?” The sweet voice of his hit her ear. She’ve been keeping herself away from him for the whole week. She thought that if she acted like that it might put him away from her. But then she guess that it didn’t.

            Chorong didn’t answer his question but instead she started to pack up all her stuffs away. Like seriously, she needs to run away for him. Since the wedding party, she just realized something; She’s falling to him. And she hates it. She hates it freaking much.

            “Chorong, wait!” Woohyun called her out, making her to stop packing up her stuffs. She took a glance of him. A bitter expression was plastered on her face. Woohyun looked at her helplessly. Slowly, he muttered. “I’m sorry.”

            It was slow yet Chorong still could hear it well. She didn’t know how to react upon his apologize. He didn’t even do anything wrong. It was her. She’s the one who wanted to avoid him.

            “Don’t be.” She reliped, continuing to pack up her stuffs. Woohyun heaved a heavy sigh. Looks like Chorong still didn’t give in. He thought if he honestly apologized to her she might acted quite nice to him. But then, it’s a no he guessed. It’s really not Nam Woohyun; He never give up in girls. But in this case, he’s giving up. Because there’s no way for him to break the cold heart of Park Chorong. He watched as she made her steps through the exit of the library. Suddenly he felt so empty. Chorong’s cold back seems warm enough to him. It’s such a relief that finally he could hear her voice today. It’s already more than enough to him.

            “Damn, Park Chorong. This Nam Woohyun is totally nothing without you. How I wish I could tell you that.” Woohyun slammed his head on the table. It feels like his soul just left his body when Chorong was completely gone from his sight.

            Chorong just stepped out from the library and her chest felt really heavy. It’s hurt and she didn’t even know why. She felt something that’ve been tugging her heart; Guilt. He didn’t deserve to be treated like that yet she had to. She didn’t want to lose her heart again. Not to him.

            “I’m sorry, Nam Woohyun.”

Don't forget to comment and subscribe lol. And yeah, pay a visit to my other stories hehe ;;

Love Like Fairytale

Another Cinderella Story : It's Okay, It's Love

Lovely Enemies