06

What Life Is All About

Myungsoo closed the door of his aunt’s car and quickly walked through the school’s gate. He rushed towards the school corridor, almost bumped with the other students. The school corridor was full with a sea of students. Seems like ‘they’ are already here. He pushed himself towards the crowd. He could hear some of female students screaming the boys’ name. He was panting so hard when he reached in front of them. But looks like they’re too busy entertaining their fans and didn’t even realized his existence which annoys him so much. He made his steps towards them quietly which caught everybody’s attention, but he didn’t even care less. The other five guys still didn’t realize his appereance so he thought that maybe he should surprise them. He smirked before making his way towards the guy who’s so busy throwing hearts to all of those female students who’s screaming for his name. As he came closer, he poked the back of the guy’s neck which caused him shrieked a bit. Myungsoo laughed as his plan worked. The guy quickly turned to him and showed his ‘hey-long-time-no-see expression’. “Myungsoo!” The guy shouted for his name and shoved him in a tight hug. The other four guys made their steps towards him as they realized his existence.

 

“Yah! Get off,Woohyun- hyung. The people will think that you and I are gays.” Myungsoo said jokingly and loosened Woohyun’s grip on him. “MYUNGSOOOO! Oh my god, we miss you so much!” The tall guy whined. Myungsoo chuckled, “Yeah, I know it choding.” Myungsoo patted his tall bestfriend’s shoulder. “Wow, I still can’t believe that you guys are here.” He expressed his feelings.

 

“Don’t you ever think to spend your school days without us.” Dongwoo and Hoya said. Myungsoo gave them his infamous smile. While Sungjong in the other hand felt uncomfortable because the other students were watching them with puzzled looks in their faces. “Umm, hyungs should we find another place to celebrate our reunion? The others were watching us.” He said to the others. They all agreed and leave the school corridor. Well, they have a lot of stories to tell.

 

 

“Unnies! Guess what, we have other five transferred students and all of them are the heirs of the big companies.” Namjoo said as she reached at their table. The others glanced at her, currently not interested with the heirs thingy. Namjoo was quite flustered since she didn’t any responds from her friends. With sigh, she took a seat besides Naeun who was so into reading. Suddenly, the whole cafeteria became so noisy. The girls were quite shocked when they knew that the noises came from the fangirls of the six transferred students when they entered the cafeteria area. Chorong who was having her meal in peace just snorted. “Looks like they gonna be the school’s eye-candies.” Chorong commented, while mocking at them. Eunji nodded to what Chorong said, agreed. Naeun still focused on her reading, didn’t even care about the noises and the presence of the boys while Namjoo was glancing towards the boys.

 

“But they look nice.” Bomi said out of the blue. Chorong looked at her, and showed ‘are-you-serious-pffft’ expression on her face. “Gosh, it’s just you who dislikes boys so much.” Bomi said jokingly which earned a glare from Chorong. “Yah, you two stop fighting about the guys. It annoys me you know.” Eunji stated. She kept looking at the guy who named Kim Myungsoo. The one who is the same class with her.

 

“Hmm.. Is he really one of the heirs of Kim Corporation? I’m so curious since he never talks about that.” Eunji thought to herself. While she was looking at the guy, she just realized something. The guy was looking at someone. Luckily that he didn’t look at her direction. But it seems like he’s looking at their table. She tried to discover and she came with a resolution. The person he’d been watching is…. Son Naeun.

 

            Eunji gasped quietly and took a glance of Naeun who was busy reading her book and didn’t even realized that she was being watched. Well, by a guy. In her opinion, the way the new transferred student stared at her beloved dongsaeng is quite different. She could feel an intense feeling that he had towards Naeun. Did he just fell in love with Naeun? Eunji shook her head, didn’t want to burden her head with that problem. Thus, it’s not wrong for him to fell in love with Naeun. But something is still bothering her about that Kim Myungsoo guy. Is he really one of the heirs of the Kim Corporation? The question keep floating in her mind. Who is he really?

 

 

“Hey Eunji.” Bomi called her. Eunji who was too concentrated in doing her Calculus paperwork put her pen down and turned to Bomi who sat beside her. “What?” She murmured. Bomi shoved the white iPhone which belongs to Eunji.

 

“Um.. Well, your mum just sent a message.” The phone exchanged hands. Eunji shrugs as she opened the message. Of course, it would be about her arranged marriage, right?

 

 

Sender : Mum

 

Eunji, I need you to go to our personal boutique at Gangnam.

 

You know it right? The one that I always brought you during

 

your child times. I already chose the best attire for you to wear.

 

This evening, we’re going to attend a dinner with The Kims.

 

Including your future-husband. So please behave well.

 

Butler Seo will fetch you at 6AM. Be ready and make me proud.

 

 

Eunji let out a heavy sigh as she slammed her head on the table until it produces a “BBAM” sound. Bomi who saw this situation quickly make a guess that the message from Mrs. Jung must be talking about the arranged marriage.

 

“Eunji, are you okay?” Bomi asked, feeling curious. Eunji lifted her head and fixed her position. She turned to Bomi and shook her head slightly. “No Bbom. Like seriously I’m not okay.” She said. Gosh, she felt like crying urgh why must she faced all these things. World is totally unfair for her.

 

“What is it, girl? Is it about the marriage again?” Bomi guessed. Eunji nodded slightly as she heard Bomi’s guess. Too bad that they’re in the class, she swear that if she was at the rooftop at this current time surely she will scream until she lost her voice.

 

"Mum said that we're going to attend a dinner with The Kims today, including my future-husband. The person that I'm going to marry and I don't even know him." Eunji said weakly.

 

“Look, Jung Hyerim.” Bomi said, calling her real name. She put one of her hands on the other girl’s shoulder, comforting her bestfriend in the best way.

 

“You need to remember that you're the only daughter that your mum and dad could be proud of. I know that the marriage is completely a burden for you. You're still young, and of course you still have so many things that you want to do right? But this is all about your parents happiness. Even I'm totally disagree with their sudden decision, but as a friend I don't want to see you fall like this. Jung Hyerim that I knew for the long years ago is a strong girl. I wonder when will the strong girl make her comeback. She's gone for a long time. It's time for her to comeback, I guess.” Bomi said, her words were fulled with thousands meaning which made Eunji drew a small curved line on her lips. Seeing Eunji smiled made Bomi felt so relieved. She won't let her bestfriend feels down and give up.

 

“Thanks, Bbom. You're the best.” Eunji thanked to Bomi for swaying away her sadness. Bomi was totally right. She shouldn't give up so easily. She have to be strong as always. It's her fate though.

 

“So... Looks like you're gonna meet those The Kims so soon.” Bomi said with her hilarious chuckle which made Eunji shrugged. “Yeah, looks like it.” She replied in a sigh.

 

“Hey, meeting them won't be though right?” Bomi stated which made both of them chuckled.

 

“Ehem. Did you guys just mention, ‘The Kims’?” A voice said from behind. Both of them were completely frozen as they heard the voice. They turned to check the owner of the voice. Kim Myungsoo. They gasped.

 

“What is it about The Kims, huh?” The guy asked again, taking a seat in front of them. Eunji cursed herself for mentioning ‘The Kims’ out loud. How come she forgot that the Kim Myungsoo guy is in the same class with her gosh she's positive that the guy is one of the heirs of The Kims. Eunji elbowed Bomi, asking her to covered them by saying something. But Bomi was completely dumbfounded, she could even say a word. Sighing, Eunji finally gave up. Maybe it would be easier if she’s honest.

 

“Umm.. Actually,” Eunji cleared , glancing at Myungsoo with confidence in her eyes. Myungsoo was being patient, waiting for the girl’s answer.

 

“You’re one of The Kims, aren’t you?” Eunji spit out what her thought since the first time she saw Myungsoo.

 

A smirk was drew on Myungsoo lips, “Jung Eunji, what a smart girl you are. Now I know why my aunt want you to marry her son who is the CEO of the Kim Corporation.” He said. Eunji’s eyes went big as she heard what Myungsoo just said, same goes with Bomi. Both of them looked at each other, not believing that their thought were actually the truth. Who knows that the guy in front of them is truly the one of the heirs of the biggest company in Korea?

 

“So now you know it. I think you already knew about the occasion for today, right? Anyway, good luck with that.” He said as he stood up and went back to his place, leaving the two girls dumbfounded. Bomi turned to Eunji, who’s  almost lost her self-conciousness.

 

“I can’t believe this.” The only words that came out from Eunji’s mouth. This is crazy. She couldn’t imagine how’s her life will be. A wife of a CEO of the biggest company? This is not what she want for her life. She could imagine that her husband must be a workaholic person and he would never cares about her. Tch, this marriage is only done to make sure that the guy could be placed at the CEO position. Damn, why did she agreed at the first place, she cursed herself for making that kind of decision.

 

“Bbom, what should I do right now?” She said while trembling, she felt so lost. Bomi clasped her lips, before saying “You should bear it then. It was you who agreed at the first place.”

 

Yeah, Bomi was absolutely right. She’s the one who made the decision so now she’s the one who should bear with what she had decided.  It’s her life

 

 

 

Sunggyu sighed as he took a seat on his chair. His mum just called, informing him to go home earlier than ever today. Well, as he expected it must be the discussion about his upcoming marriage. Thinking about it again, what made he fussed up was he didn't even know the person that he's going to marry. He just agreed for sake of his position in the Kim Corporation. What most shocked him is, he's going to meet his future-in-laws today. Including his future-wife.

 

 

YAY!! HOOOORAY! At last sobs I've done my update tsk /ugly sobbing/ I know that I broke my promise to update eaarlier urgh like seriously I felt so bad about it tsk ;A; I'm sorry again okay dears ;~; I'm so busy with my schoolworks and I just finished my examinations. Luckily holiday came and yeah I managed to make an update for this story. Um and yeah as you can see the story's progress went so slowly so if you guys have any suggestions or idea don't forget to share it with me okay /winks/ Who knows with your help, I could updatethis story faster keke ;; Anyway, wish me luck for my results okay urgh I'm gonna face a big examination this year so I want to apologize if I need a long time to update ;_; Really really sorry ;A; So I hope you enjoy the story keke and yeah just ignore my grammar errors sobs I'm not too good in this phewww ;w;