(12)

What Life Is All About

                “NICOLE-UNNIE OH MY GOD I MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY!” Eunji cried out loud as both Dongwoon and Nicole came out from the car together. The cousins have their brief reunion by throwing themselves a hug. And of course, both Dongwoon and Nicole would be showered with the questions like “Hey, how did both of you come together?” and “Did you know each other?” hence the answer would be like “We’re long lost friends and just met after 8 years,”

            Anyway, once they entered the house Naeun were happy to see her brother who was finally back. She gave him a hug before turning to Nicole and introduced herself. Pretty much, Nicole likes Naeun. She even complimented her, “She’s too gorgeous to be your sister, Son Dongwoon.” which made everyone ended up in laugh.

            “Too bad for her to have such freaking handsome brother like me,” Dongwoon joked. Then, Eunji brought them to the living room to rest themselves. Naeun served them with a few cups of sweet tea and baked cookies that she and Eunji just made. They have to anyway since Eunji already assigned the maids on leave. She really didn’t want any help for her wedding preparation.

            “So… How’s the preparation went?” Dongwoon asked as he sipped his sweet tea. Ah, it feels so refreshing to have a cup of sweet tea after being so worned out. Eunji clasped her lips while Naeun looked at her.

            “Actually…” Eunji tilted her head. “There’s still many things left. And I already told mum that I would make the preparation by myself. I just want to make it by myself,”

            All of them were thrown into a deep silence. Not until Nicole voiced out and convinced her cousin, “Don’t worry, you still have me. I’m going to make sure that the preparations went well,” Eunji smiled abit as she heard Nicole. In fact, she still couldn’t believe herself that she’s going to be married in only by three days. How crazy was that?

            “How about the wedding dress?” Nicole suddenly blurted out about the wedding dress. It made Eunji blush out of sudden as she remembered the sweet moment between her and Sunggyu when they have a try on their wedding attire. She swore that she never felt so wonderful until that day.

            “Mom chose the wedding dress and I like it pretty much,” She said, trying to control herself not to blush. “Oh girl, you’re blushing so hard!” Nicole chuckled lightly. Eunji sent a glare towards the elder. Dongwoon smiled, “You’re really growing up, Jung Eunji,”

            Eunji rolled her eyes, “Geez, stop talking like an old man Oppa. You’re now sounding like I’m your sister,” All of them laughed at Eunji’s statement. “Anyway… Talking about that, is he going to your wedding?” Nicole suddenly asked which drew the Son siblings attraction. Eunji smiled before saying, “Of course he is. Why won’t right… He’s half of me after all,” And like seriously, Naeun and Dongwoon were totally confused.

“Were you guys talking about me?” A voice greeted them. Everyone eyes on the room were plastered on a figure. It’s a guy. Eunji rose from her seat, running towards the figure and threw him a hug.

            “JUNG DAEHYUN OH MY GOD YOU DON’T KNOW HOW MUCH I MISS YOU DON’T YOU!” Eunji cried out loud, almost sounded like crying. The brunette chuckled as he released the hug. Gosh, the way Eunji hugged him almost made him choked. Daehyun made his way and take a seat. Afterall, he felt a strong awkwardness as all of the eyes were on him.

            “Eunji, you better explain to them. I’m getting tired of the weird stares.” The guy voiced out as he leaned his head against the soft cushion, resting himself. He was already felt so worn out as he arrived at the airport just now. He thought that everyone already knew about his existence.

            “Okay, calm down everyone.” Eunji tried to calm everyone in the room by having this kind of ‘don’t-worry-it’s-nothing’ expression on her face. Naeun crossed her arms, looking at Daehyun and Eunji continuously.

            “Okay, I know that I never tell you guys a thing.. In which my parents also keep it as a secret. But I think it’s the most suitable time to reveal it,” Eunji started the intro of her explanation, drawing all three of them in a deep confusion.

            “Alright, just be straight. What’s all of this about? And who is him?” Naeun bolted up with her question. Eunji took a deep breath before replying to her, “He’s my twin.”

            “WHAT!?” All two of them shouted in sync. Oh great, what a good timing. Daehyun rolled his eyes, feeling quite annoyed. Looks like none of them knew about his existence. Well, except for the blood-related. “Why none of us knew about this thing?” Dongwoon asked.

            “Mom and dad kept this as a secret. Only my family knew about this thingy.” Yeah, it’s quite hard for them. The other three people still couldn’t get it. “I mean.. I don’t understand it. Why must keep it as a secret?” Dongwoon voiced out. Eunji let out a sigh. A single explanation won’t be enough to make everyone understand the situation.

            “Alright. Let me take over this,” Daehyun said, standing in front of all four of them. He threw his warm smile to everyone before introducing himself, “Hello everybody, I’m Jung Daehyun. I’m the twin of this humankind named Jung Eunji. Well, technically she’s older than me since she escaped our mother’s womb for the freaking 7 minutes earlier.”

            “You’re growing up well, Jung Daehyun,” Nicole interrupted out, making everyone laughed a bit. “Well, I took that as a compliment. I guess, Noona.”

            “Hey wait, why did Mr.Jung and Mrs. Jung kept your existence as a secret?” Naeun shot out her question again. She was being so curious right now.

            “It’s just… Because I’m going to be the main heir of Jung Corporation, maybe? I’ve been living at States for the rest of my life. I only knew that I have a twin sister when I was 4 that time. And that’s why she always spent her time mostly at States during the holidays.”

            “Okay lil brother, thank you for clearing everything up. Gosh, it’s going to be hard to explain to the others,” Eunji palmed her face.

            “Hey wait! Did Mr. Kim even knows about this?” Naeun suddenly asked as she felt concern. Eunji had a sudden dark expression all over her face. She shook her head, “No.” Naeun almost got her jaw dropped.

            “Eunji, you better tell him. He would be hurted if he didn’t even know about the existence of ‘another half’ of you.” Dongwoon adviced, Nicole supported his suggestion too. Eunji brought herself into a deep thinking. Damn, this thing shouldn’t be done by her. The explanation was supposedly made by her parents not her. They’re only being the victim of the situation. Sighs. What a pathetic life she was in.

            “Fine, whatever. Oh come on, it’s not that serious.” Daehyun tried to calm his sister. Then he turned to Dongwoon, “Anyway, you’ve must be Dongwoon-hyung right?” Dongwoon nodded. “How did you know that?”

            “Eunji talked about you often. And your sister, Naeun too.” Naeun threw him a smile as he said her name. “Well, in bad way or in a good way?” Dongwoon joked.

            Daehyun laughed, “Of course in a good way. Even how much she acted like a witch, she never talks bad about people. Never. I know her well,”

            “Whoa, I’m touched.” Eunji acted as if she’s going to cry or somewhat. Anyway, everyone were happy for their reunion. Naeun felt a thug in her heart. She kept thinking that it must be hard for both of them to be far away from each other. She’s lucky that she always have Dongwoon right by her side.

            “See, Naeun. That’s why I told you that you’re my princess. I couldn’t even imagine if we’re in their position.” Dongwoon whispered to her. Naeun nodded with a smile. Aww, how sweet her brother was.

            “Okay, now that everything had already cleared up and I finally can feel myself at peace. And Eunji, you owe me a cup of cappuchino,” Eunji rolled her eyes while her hand smacking her twin’s back. “Is this how you paid me back?” Daehyun argued. Eunji scoffed, how childish. She really couldn’t stand it because she would rather be so child-like whenever both of them met.

            “Fine, I’ll treat you later,” Finally, Daehyun threw his victorious smile.

            “Okay, that’s it,”Chorong ended up her explanation about her blue-print. Woohyun stared at her in awe, admiring her talent in this designing thing. He didn’t understand it but he had to admit that she sounded like an expert.

            “Err…” Woohyun stuttered. For God’s sake, he never stutters in front of a girl. Chorong narrowed her eyes. “Am I too fast?” Chorong scoffed. Slowly, Woohyun nodded his head which caused Chorong to release a heavy sigh. “Sorry,” She mumbled then, not loud but enough for him to hear it.

            “I guess that this won’t work,” She finally said, feeling so defeated. The thing is, Woohyun didn’t like it. He never sees her looking so defeated like this and he hates it. ‘You’re really something, Park Chorong,’

            “No it will work. I’ll help anything that I could. Come on, it’s an important day for my Sunggyu-hyung. So does your Eunji. So… Let’s make it.”Woohyun sounding confident. Chorong stared at him. Something told her that he’s different. Yet, the thought that he’s a player brought her back to reality. Whatever he did, he still a player. Nothing could change her hatred feelings towards him.

            “Okay,” She shortly replied. She should thank him though for boosting up her spirit again to finish the dress for the wedding party. It’s time to be serious. They only have less than three days to make it. Chorong gained her confidence back, and unbelievably she threw a smile to Woohyun.

            “Come on, Mr. Nam.” Chorong said, leaving him and made her way through the exit. Woohyun tried to catch up with her, “Hey, wait! Where are we going?” Chorong went to her car while Woohyun just stared at her with a puzzled expression. After a while, Chorong motioned him to fill in the seat beside the driver’s seat.

            “Excuse me Miss Park, can you explain me about where are we going?” Woohyun put on his seatbelt. Chorong drew a thin line before replying to him. “We’re going to my workshop.”

            “Workshop?” Woohyun drew a few wrinkles on his forehead, totally confused. Chorong snickered, totally annoyed about how slow Woohyun was. “Hellooooo, for God’s sake I’m the heiress of Park Fashion Industries. Can’t you figure that out?” She sped up to her current destination. “Wow, I never thought that the heiress of the big fashion company would have her own workshop,”

            “Nah, I love to create fashion designs yet I don’t wear them,” She drove the car through the Seoul district. The traffic was quite busy today, luckily the traffic lights kept flashing its green light whenever they’re on its track. Woohyun rubbed his chin, taking this moment as an advantage for him to know her well.

            “Why is it like that?” He asked, his gaze were plastered on her who was extremely having her focus on driving. Chorong clasped her lips, finding an answer for the question. “Because…” She paused.

            “I’m just an ordinary girl.. Too much ordinary,” Woohyun chuckled lightly on her answer. How come she thought herself like that. She’s an extraordinary to him. Very special. Too special. “Well… In fact, not that ordinary actually… You’re special in your own way though,” He smiled, his gaze was still on her. Chorong smiled sarcastically, impressed of Woohyun’s player nature.

            “How lame, player.” Woohyun rolled his eyes, he shouldn’t talk like that to her because he already knew that she hated him so much since their first met just because he’s a player. Oh.. And his sweet talks. It’s not like he’s making his move on her but he only tried to be honest. She need to realize that she’s special. With that, Woohyun stopped talking, causing a dead silence occurred between them. Chorong didn’t care much as to her it’s better for Woohyun shut up. She’s getting tired of hearing all his sweet talks.

            Chorong drove slowly as the car went through a passage, making them to meet a big old and antique building. To be exact, it looks better than its age. The red bricks of the building really looks magnificent. Chorong stopped her car in front of a lot of the building. “We’re here,” She shut off the engine of her car. Woohyun slipped away from the seat first, making his way to the building. “Damn gorgeous,” He muttered. The entrance door was the thing that attracted him the most. The curvature of nature on the door really looks beautiful. Magnificent and brilliant. There’s a board above the door which written the words ‘Secret Destiny’. Probably the name of this place. Chorong only smiled, looking at Woohyun who was so into the entrance door of her building. In fact, she admitted that the entrance door is a special thing of this building.

            Chorong held a bunch of keys in her hand, probably the keys of the building. She made her way to door and unlocked it. Woohyun’s jaw dropped as he looked through the door. “Wow,” The only word that he managed to said. He could feel that his feet trembled a lot as he walked into the building. He barely can breathe. The mannequins were everywhere but arranged in a neat way. Forget about the mannequins, the clothes that were wrapped to the mannequins’ bodies almost made him faint. “Freaking gorgeous,” Woohyun said once again. Chorong trailed his steps behind him. A proud smile was formed on her lips.

            Woohyun looked back to Chorong, his eyes were wide open and full of amazement. “Are you sure that you’re one who made all of this? You’re kidding me don’t you?” Chorong shrugged of her shoulders, “Well, I take that as a compliment.” Woohyun stared at her unbelievably. Eventhough most of the clothes were made for females yet it’s a great thing to be looked at. He was extremely impressed with her.

            “Are you done? Let’s go upstairs. I’m going to show you how it works,” Chorong led him upstairs, making her way to a room. The room was spacious. The back of the room was filled withsewing machines and it got some mannequins arranged in a place. Chorong took out the blue-print of Eunji’s dress for the wedding dinner and attached it to a board which have some positive  phrases written above it like ‘You need to focus!’ and ‘Never give up before trying’. Then she turned to Woohyun again who was standing like a statue.

            “Alright Mr. Nam. Shall we start our project now?” Her voice brought Woohyun back to the reality. It took Woohyun a few seconds before he responded, “Yeah, Miss Park.” He made his steps towards Chorong.

            “Come, let me show you the things.. I think I’m going to need your help in cutting the fabric well,” She said, walking to the door of another room. Woohyun tailed her behind.

            “I already prepared the silk cloth and few lace. I’m going to need your help with that.” She said while opening the door. Woohyun’s eyes grew big for the secondth time. Seems like he already confronted too many suprises in a day just because of Chorong. Thanks to her for that.

            “Amazing.” He mumbled, ignoring Chorong and made his way into the room. The room may looks small from outside but it looks damn big inside. Still, there’s some mannequins on the other side. The amazing thing about the room is… It is full with many kind of clothes in various colours, stuffed in racks. It was arranged by its own category by its type like: nylons, silks, cottons and etc. It looks like a cloth factory to him.

            “Excuse Miss Park, why don’t you tell me that you even have a cloth factory?” He joked, making Chorong laughed out loud. Geez, sometimes this cheesy guy could be a really funny guy. Chorong walked to the rack which had the ‘Silk’ labelled on it and examined through it.

            “There you are,” She muttered to herself and pulled out the cloth based on the measurement that she wanted. Then she turned to Woohyun, “Go to my working table and take the scissors.” And Woohyun did as she instructed. He went to her working table which is quite big enough. He searched through the drawers to find the scissors but then he found something which distracted him from searching. Just a single polaroid of a guy. He couldn’t even deny the handsome figure that the person in the picture had. And for some reason, a feeling crept inside himself. Jealousy.

            “Woohyun! Please hurry up! It’s in the third drawer!” Chorong shouted. Woohyun gained back his focus and he closed the current drawer. After he got the scissors he went back to Chorong. “Here,” He handed her the thing. He gasped as he could feel a sudden electric effect when their hand brushed. Chorong didn’t respond as she was too focused on her work. Her delicate hands worked on the scissors and cut off the cloth neatly in a straight line without making any damage on it. And Woohyun was totally impressed by her talent.

            “Cool,” He complimented. Chorong didn’t budge. The seriousness could be seen in her eyes. Chorong took a look of the cloth before making her way out from the room, leaving Woohyun behind. ‘God, what’ve she done to me?’ His heart shouted. Suddenly an image of the guy in the picture just now popped in his head. The guy seemed to be in his age. Who is he? Who is he to her? He tried to remember something as the figure seems quite familiar to him.

            “Woohyun! I need your help now!” Chorong cried out. A heavy sigh escaped Woohyun’s lips. “It’s going to be a very long day,” He muttered before making his steps towards Chorong. But somehow his heart drew a smile as he can spend more time with the freaking cold girl Park Chorong and he’s hoping that this project would help them to know each other more.

            “Come on kiddo, I need your help with all the stuffs,” He begged through the phone. He could hear the younger scoffed. He could imagine that his cousin’s face would be plastered with the ‘oh-god-why-are-you-so-annoying’ expression. Of course Myungsoo would feel disturbed since he asked him to deliver his wedding invitation cards through the neighbourhood. Seriously, he didn’t have much time to do all of the things since he was too busy with his works. His parents were currently participating in a business trip to Taiwan and would be back before his wedding day. And since both Eunji and him already decided to make the preparation by themselves so he’s going to need a few helpers. And Myungsoo would be his compulsory helper of course.

            “Fine. You earned my help, hyung.” Sunggyu drew a smile as he heard him. He knew that his little cousin won’t be able to resist his request. “Thanks kiddo. I’ll buy you something later okay?” Sometimes his cousin need some tips whenever he asked him for help. “Sure hyung. A cup of coffee will do,” With that he ended the call. Sunggyu went in his car and drove to a coffee shop nearby his office. There’s a coffee shop which named ‘The Sweet Taste Coffee Shop’ that have been his favourite shop since he started working at his family’s company. The scent of its coffee really makes him to drool. He thought that he should have a cup of coffee and a plate of chocolate raisins before he made his way home. Oh, and also reminded himself to buy a cup of cappuchino for his little cousin. He knew that cappuchino is Myungsoo’s favourite.

            He uninstalled the seatbelt and made his way out from his car. As he glanced towards the entrance door of the shop, he quickly turned his face into the opposite way. In some matter, he felt a pinch of hurt in his heart. He looked again through the transparent entrance door. His breath became heavy as he looked at the two figures. It’s her. His future-wife who would be his official wife in this three days and…. An unidentified guy. They looked so close and for some reason his heart aches. What should he do right now?