(25)

What Life Is All About

“Hey.”

“Chorong.”

She clearly heard the voice yet she tried her best to ignore it. She’s totally not in the mood of talking to the person in front of her right now — not when the guy actually threw a horrible prank on her. Well, it’s not that horrible but he almost gave her a heart attack and she really thought that they guy deserve this as a punishment. The said fellow should be grateful that she still had a little bit of sanity in herself, if not she already left him hanging alone. Ugh.

 

Few moments ago.....

“Chorong-ah!” Woohyun shouted, suddenly jolted up from his bed, his right hand was on his chest.

Chorong who was pouring down a glass of water because Woohyun just asked her for water quickly rushed to the bed in a panic mode. The water even dripped to the floor because of her panic attack.

“What’s wrong, Nam Woohyun? Are you okay?” She was extremely worried and she felt like crying because Woohyun was just so fine before but now he seemed like as if he’s restraining the pain on his chest.

“S-should I call the doctor?” Her lips trembled as she spoke, her palms were on Woohyun’s forehead to check on his temperature. Weird, because he was absolutely fine. However, his expression said otherwise which made her felt super worried.

“I’m going to call the doctor.” She uttered, quickly making steps further from the bed. Well, not until Woohyun’s hand tugged on her right hand. She was totally confused as she turned to Woohyun because the painful expression earlier just disappeared from the latter’s face. What’s happening? Did the pain finally went away?

“Who needs the doctor when my medicine is here.”

“Huh?” Chorong deadpanned.

“Teasing you like this makes me feel thousand times better.” The latter drew an idiotic smile on his lips, gazing at her with his bright eyes. Crap, Nam Woohyun better felt grateful that he’s still sick or else — Chorong would even beat him up until he couldn’t even stand.

“ you, Nam Woohyun.”

 

 

“Park Chorong.” The voice before soften. Chorong’s heart fluttered a bit at that tone. It reminds her of someone that she knew long ago. Someone that she didn’t even want to remember.

“Hey, look. I’m sorry.” The voice went again. Chorong just stayed still, not answering any of the call. Her eyes still attached at the fashion magazine in her lap. She diligently flipping through each of the pages, averting her attention to something even more useful than having a conversation with Woohyun right now. She just still need time to cool down.

“I’m sorry if my teasing crossed the line but — I want you to know that I’m glad that you are still here.” The words sounded so sincere, as if he’s really reflecting on what he just did. Chorong wasn’t sure whether she should accept his apologize, or wait a little more.

“I didn’t expect that I’ll be seeing you by my side when I woke up.” The latter said again with his voice sounding a little bit hoarse. Ah, which reminded Chorong about something that she should had done before.

She closed the magazine and put it on the desk before walking towards the coffee table to pour down a glass of water. She also grabbed few tissues to wipe out few drops of water that she accidentally poured earlier.

“You could have just let the nurses do that.” She heard Woohyun complained in guilt. Chorong shot him with a glare, “How am I supposed to let them do that when it’s purely my fault — oh, or that certain someone’s fault who made me spilled the water on the floor.” Chorong’s sarcastic reply made Woohyun went silent. Now, Chorong felt a little bit satisfied that Woohyun really knew how the guilt feels.

“Here.” She handed him the glass filled with water before, causing the latter to turned to her with his droopy eyes. “God dammit. How come he looks so soft like a puppy.” Chorong cursed Nam Woohyun in her head for looking like a sick puppy. And that sight, was actually cute to her and it disgusted her for a moment.

“Take it or I’ll pour it on you.” Chorong rolled her eyes when Woohyun just stayed still instead of taking the glass from her. Without waiting, Woohyun quickly took the glass, engulfing the fresh water down to his throat, not wanting to see Chorong angry at him again. Too bad that he might engulfed all of it too fast that he choked, causing him to let out heavy coughs.

“Aigoo, you clumsy little bastard.” Chorong muttered under her breath when she drew comforting circles behind the latter’s back. The sudden touch made Woohyun felt hot. His back felt like burning and so did his cheeks. Crap, he felt extremely embarrassed.

“Feeling better?” The girl asked in a worried tone. He nodded and mumbled a “thanks” in his low voice. When Chorong removed her hands from his back, it felt empty. Woohyun let out a pout, his eyes gazing to his own lap.

Chorong in the other hand felt a little bit awkward since Woohyun suddenly had became quiet. It would be less awkward if the latter kept talking silly things like he just did before. Uh, what should she do to brush away this awkward situation?

While she was thinking super hard, the door of the room was opened and invaded by four people with toothy grins on their faces. Chorong let out a heavy sigh — a sigh of relief actually because her saviors were finally here. Thank god that these kids arrived at the right timing.

“Good morning, sick fella and Guardian Park!” Sungyeol greeted both of them with his usual loud and cheerful voice. It took a slap from Yookyung to make sure the tall latter kept his voice down since it’s hospital. “Idiot, it’s the hospital. You didn’t want to get yourself kicked out by nurses don’t you?” Yookyung’s wise words managed to make Sungyeol became a little quieter. “Hehe, sorry.” He apologized.

The other two people quickly approached Woohyun’s bed with all sorts of food in their hands. Chorong literally shook her head, “Oh my god, guys. Are we having a feast here?” Chorong said as she eyed the contains of plastic bags in Sungjong’s and Namjoo’s hands. The two youngsters let out a mischievous laugh as they placed all the plastic bags on the table.

“Don’t worry, it’s not for Woohyun-hyung anyway.” Sungjong remarked. Namjoo nodded along as she threw herself on the comfy sofa, “It’s for us!” She added with a playful wink. Chorong and Woohyun looked at each other, feeling a little bit confused with the sudden visit by the four troublemakers.

“What do you mean?” Chorong scrunched her nose in confusion and Woohyun found that it was cute for her to do that, he hid his slight blush by scratching softly over his cheeks. Uh, not that anyone would notice it. Haha.

“Anyway, Chorong-unnie I’ve got you some change of clothes here. It must be super uncomfortable, right?” Yookyung handed her a paper bag probably containing her clothes, geez as much as Chorong didn’t like at the fact that her stuffs got invaded, she’s quite grateful of her thoughtful friend.

“Thanks, Yookyung.” She smiled, taking the paper bag to see what kind of clothes that Yookyung had packed for her. Ah, a summer dress and black long leggings. That’s simple enough for her and convenient.

“I’ll have my change first.” Chorong said, excusing herself to the bathroom. Yookung and Sungyeol filled the seats beside Woohyun’s bed. “Well, how are you my friend?” The tall latter shot Woohyun with his infamous gummy smile.

“Just okay, I guess?” Woohyun replied in a plain voice. He didn’t seem amused when Chorong left the room. The sudden empty feeling crept up in him.

“Geez, what’s with the pout? You seem a little bit not amused with our presence here.” Sungyeol let out a cheeky smile, only then he whined when Yookyung punched him on his shoulder.

“Ow! What’s that for?” Yookung rolled his eyes, “Sorry, Woohyun-oppa. Seems like Sungyeol-oppa still not finished with his plan to tease you.” The kind girl gave Woohyun an apologetic smile and Woohyun smiled at that. Damn, an angel like Hong Yookyung still exists in this world.

“I just miss this buddy of mine. It’s not fun without you, man. Hurry up and recover soon!” Sungyeol pouted. “Duh, just be patient alright? We still have like few weeks till the summer holiday ended. And yes, I’m trying my best to recover and join you guys soon.” Woohyun’s wired hands reached the choding’s shoulder and left a pat on it.

“Glad to see that you’re getting better, Woohyun-hyung.” Sungjong suddenly joined the conversation. Him and Namjoo were sharing a bag of potato chips while looking at Woohyun and the others. Duh, that sight made Woohyun to gulp on his own saliva because geez, he would love to eat some potato chips right now but — he can’t.

“It would be way more-better if you could put away those — freaking chips. It’s so tempting and it’s unhealthy for me. Well, for this moment.” Woohyun complained and the two youngsters quickly stuff away the packaging and, “Just act like we didn’t do anything at all. We just ate a bunch of vegetables just now which happens to sound like potato chips.” Namjoo blurted out her illogical facts, making Woohyun burst into a light laughter.

“Yeah, and there’s mushroom and spinach too which you didn’t really favour so yeah, you better not thinking about eating it. Nope nope.” Sungjong continued. Gosh these kiddos, Woohyun can’t help but smile. It feels nice to be the center of attention, where everyone actually shows how much they cared for you. It made his heart felt warm to see how hard his friends were trying to cheer him up during this moment.

“I’m back.” The sound of door opening made everyone turned their gaze to the door. Chorong showed up in her summer dress with black leggings that Yookyung had picked up from her wardrobe. Woohyun blushed a bit at that sight, he couldn’t help but think how cute Chorong would be if she’s in the beach right now with that summer dress. God, his cheeks suddenly felt hot again. It’s just that he couldn’t keep his eyes away since Chorong was tying her hair ponytail. It’s really really distracting.

“Ah, unnie. Thank god, it does look good on you. I’m a little bit worried that you won’t be comfortable in that.” Yookyung apologizing indirectly which only made Chorong to shook off her head and reassured the younger that she’s fine. Yookyung might be inexperienced in picking what clothes to wear but as long as it’s comfortable for her to wear, it’s okay.

“Are you guys going to stay longer?” Chorong asked as she threw herself on the sofa, hands approaching the fashion magazine that she still hadn’t finished. There was an abrupt silence before Sungyeol replied, “Why? Does it bother you?” There’s a slight teasing hidden in his voice.

“No. It feels nice, though. I’ve been trapped in here with him for almost two days and it’s quite boring to me.” Chorong scoffed, and turn her attention to the magazine in her hands. There you go, the cold and sassy Park Chorong is back.

Namjoo palmed herself upon that and Sungjong let out a disappointing sigh. This was not what they expected to see during the visit. Seems like Chorong was still standing behind the wall that she built for Woohyun.

All four of them became silent again. It was awkward and Woohyun felt like as if he’s the one who’s suffocating the most. Especially after the words that Chorong just spitted before — his heart sank so badly at each of her words because now he felt guilty for holding her back. Chorong probably would love to have fun at the beach and enjoy the summer season instead of being trapped in this cold warded room with a sick bastard.

“Uh, Chorong-unnie ... Would you like to switch? Four of us could take care of Woohyun-oppa for today. You can take some rest at the villa.” Yookyung’s careful words made everyone able to breathe again. It’s undeniably true that Yookyung might really the angel which was sent from the heaven.

Chorong hummed in reply, she herself seemed wasn’t sure about what decision to make. She was honestly fine with taking care of Woohyun, rather than staying at the villa. It’s that boring at all since she can interact with the friendly nurses or sometimes catch a glimpse of handsome and good-looking doctors which just seemed to accidentally passed by whenever she peeped out from the door. It’s just a way for her to save herself from Sungyeol and the others from teasing her. God knows what they were doing here for.

While Woohyun in the other hand was praying that Chorong would just reject the offer and stay with him instead. It’s not like he didn’t trust Sungjong and Sungyeol’s clumsy asses to take care of him and the other two reliable girls but he’s just — wants to be taken care by Chorong. Is that even a big deal? He wanted to catch up with all of the times that he’ve missed with her. Ugh, why did he felt like this? God.

“It’s okay.” Chorong said, and it felt like a miracle for Woohyun. Did Chorong just — turned down those kids’ offers? He’s not dreaming wasn’t he?

Chorong let out a light sigh when she noticed the disappointed expressions on her four friends. “Guys, it’s okay. As much as I despise Woohyun, I won’t feel burdened by taking a good care of him. Uh, we’re trying to have a peace here — aren’t we, Woohyun?” Chorong striked a fake smile, yet it managed to make Woohyun’s heart jumped out of his rib cage because — God, he’s so whipped for her. “Uh, yes. I guess?” Woohyun stuttered in response, hoping that it would be convincing enough.

“So don’t worry. I promise that I’ll take care of him until he fully recovers. Sunggyu-oppa handed this responsibility to nurse this annoying dummy for a while and we won’t kill each other so — God, just go back to the villa and have some fun instead. We’ll be joining all of you later.” Chorong tried to convince the other four, adding a good reminder that she won’t kill Woohyun for God’s sake and they won’t bicker while being in the hospital. No war, just peace.

Namjoo and Sungjong immediately high-fived each other, Sungyeol drew his biggest gummy smile and Yookyung just nodded in relief. It’s nice to see Chorong and Woohyun trying to get along with each other. Seems like the bridge between those two cat and dog is getting shorter. Well, let’s just hope that these two would be friends like everyone else.

“God, yes. I love peace!” Sungyeol shouted in happiness, only to cause him to earn another punch from Yookyung and Sungjong to shut his annoying mouth with his hands before he would get kicked out by the nurses.

“Guess that we’re fine to go. I hope that both of you will get along well? Uh, I know that Unnie is always kind. You are always like that, putting the others before yourselves.” Yookung’s crescent smile and her exaggeration of praises made Chorong felt embarrassed, she’s not really good in handling praises even though she’d received a lot of it.

“Take care everyone, and don’t be sick!” Chorong bidded them goodbye and the other four left the room with happy chatters. Chorong checked the time and it’s already the time for Woohyun to have his brunch as scheduled by the hospital. The nurses would be there soon and she didn’t want to be in the way.

“Woohyun, make sure to eat well. I’ll be going to the cafeteria now. Do you want anything?” Chorong asked. Instead of answering her question, Woohyun just stared at her blankly. Suddenly he felt like as if he’s unable to speak.

“Woohyun?” Chorong asked for one more time, walking closer to the bed. By the time Chorong reached his bed, the sick latter suddenly pulled her into a hug. Chorong was taken aback of course but then Woohyun just — “Thank you. Thank you for staying back. It means a lot to me.” Woohyun’s sore voice spoke and it made the girl’s heart went pit a pat. Chorong didn’t realize how hard she was blushing until Woohyun released her.

“Hehe, I’m sorry. Please don’t kill me, I’m just so overwhelmed. For the first time, I actually experienced how’s the feeling being ‘taken care of’ would be. It’s kind of nice, I think? Thanks to you.” Woohyun’s words sounded so sincere that she couldn’t even respond to it. Her mind still wandering off about the hug earlier. When her mind tried to brain all of the words that Woohyun said, she felt sorry. Did Woohyun just meant that he never felt by being taken care of? Why did she felt so sad for him?

“Park Chorong.” She listened to the way he called her name gracefully, and in a sense which is full of respect — “Please bear with me a little bit more. I promise that after I recovered, I’ll make up for your wasted summer days. That’s my promise.” He his kitten-sheepish smile, making Chorong felt so soft. Before she could melt any further, Chorong immediately excused herself. She left the room with a super beet red face and fast-thumping heart.

“Nam Woohyun and his words are obviously dangerous.” Her mind screamed as she walked through the hospital’s corridor. “What’s wrong, Chorong? What kind of feeling is this?” Chorong stopped, leaning his body against the hospital’s white wall. Her breathing was a little bit unsteady because her mind was being wrecked — by a mere Nam Woohyun. She brought her hand to the chest, feeling her own heartbeat.

“Oh god, please protect my cold facade. I don’t want to lose — not just yet.” She prayed.

 

 

 

So yup, hi fellas (again after a long time lol) I know I know, I'm sorry for not updating for too long sobs I feel so bad that I don't know what to write for the next chapter. As a result I went through all of the chapters and think of something and yeah my Woorong thrist bring me to this chapter (thanks woorong lol). Anyway, I'm sorry for making you guys wait for a long time and thank you to those who kept waiting and waiting (pls I just wanna let you guys know that I love you lovelies so mucho! Life have been very busy for me and I just keep reading and reading instead of writing. It feels nice to finally write another chapter for this story -- It triggered me to write omg lol thank goodness. Now that MAMA 2017 is coming up, I would like to ask everyone to for APINK for the BEST FEMALE DANCE PERFORMANCE even though all of us knew that they desrved to be nominated for BEST FEMALE GROUP (Mnet is a snake so whats new lmao) AND YES FOR THE BEST NEWCOMER PLS VOTE FOR WANNA ONE JUSEYO I love every single of them and I'm whipped for my son Lai Guanlin (inserts heart eyes) please love him a lot and show them support sobs, thank you from the very bottom of my heart. Who's your bias in Wanna One btw lolololol (just wanna know cries) Okay, that's all, I love you guys!

(Nae maeum soge, jeojang!)