(15)

What Life Is All About

        

          Bride’s waiting room;

 

          Eunji took a deep breath. It’s finally the day. She almost couldn’t believe yet that’s the reality. She’s going to be married today. She’s going to be someone’s wife very soon. A heavy sigh left her lips. To think of it, she felt quite worried. She kept asking herself if she could be a good wife and carry on all of her responsibilities. Gulps, it makes her nervous.

          “Eunji-yah, are you okay?” Chorong who was sitting beside her noticed her nervous and anxious expression. She shook off her head while insisting that she’s totally okay. Chorong approached for Eunji’s hand, hoping that it would give her some strength. And Eunji appreciated that. After a few seconds, the other six girls came into the room, already dressed in their elegant attires. All of them were happy for her which made her felt happy too. She’s grateful to have such amazing friends that will always stay by her side whenever she fell and in trouble.

          “Ah, I almost can’t believe that my Eunji is going to be someone’s wife today!” Bomi said while faking a cry causing Eunji to laughed out loud. Bomi is the real jokester here. Thank goodness, she’s here at the right time. For now, Eunji could forget her nervousness for a moment.

          “And unnie, you looked great in that dress! I totally adore it!” Hayoung who is the youngest one said, she’s totally envied Eunji for having a beautiful and amazing wedding dress. It’s totally no joke at all. Chorong really inherited her mother’s talent well. “Thanks to Chorong-unnie then.” Eunji praised. Chorong just shook her head off, but in the same time she felt glad that Eunji liked it. Actually, the dress was a total success. She couldn’t almost believe that she managed to finish it well. Oops. No, it’s not only her. Thanks to Woohyun for helping. If it’s not because of him, she won’t be able to finish the dress in the right time.

          “I’m going to make sure that you’re going to design my wedding dress in the future!” Namjoo said.

          “Me too!” Hayoung exclaimed which made Chorong to roll her eyes. Gosh, they’re still young and they already have a thought to get married. How immature the young ones. Naeun in the other hand took a place on the left side of Eunji. While the others kept making noise with jokes, she only stood there watching all of them silently with a smile on her face. She looks beautiful in the elegant pink dress that Nicole bought for her. Afterall, she’s going to be Eunji’s bridesmaid along with Chorong.

          Eunji who noticed this turned to Naeun. She gave a ‘are-you-okay?’ look to her and Naeun just nodded. Eunji knew how Naeun would feel right now. After all this time, Naeun was the one who spent almost her times with her. Naeun was the one who she ran to whenever she faced any problems at home. She still remember that she spent a night at her house after her mum told her that she’s going to be married to a stranger that she don’t even know. She owed her a lot.

          “Unnie, you look extremely beautiful today,”

          “Yeah, I know.” Eunji said as she chuckled lightly.

          The girls became quite noisy when Namjoo teased Chorong about her collaboration with Woohyun for Eunji’s wedding dress. Of course, Chorong would deny it with so many excuses and only told them that she and Woohyun worked up together for the dress just because they’re going to assigned it as their Art class’s project. She even told that she don’t have any feelings towards him. Really, she didn’t feel anything right?

          The others kept teasing Chorong, making her felt quite annoyed with the youngers as she’s the one oldest there. Suddenly, a sound of the door opened causing all of them were drown in silence. A guy’s head popped, making all of them felt quite shocked.

          “Ah, Myungsoo.. It’s you.” Eunji said as she saw the reflection of Myungsoo’s image in the mirror in front of her. She gave a sign for Myungsoo to enter the waiting room. Well, it’s quite awkward then since he’s the only guy in the room. But then fortunately Dongwoo suddenly bolted in and he didn’t feel awkward anymore. The younger ones who were Yookyung, Bomi, Namjoo and Hayoung quickly attacked Dongwoo to have a talk with him since all of them already known Dongwoo’s friendly personality when they worked up together for the wedding preparation. They became friendlier day by day. It’s as if Dongwoo was their elder brother. Chorong just stared at the young ones while shaking her head. Gosh, they’re so childish!

          In the other hand, Naeun didn’t even took a glance of Myungsoo. She’s still being embarrassed about yesterday’s incident. Gosh, she shouldn’t have cried out of sudden seriously! She couldn’t even lift her head. Eunji who saw this felt quite suspicious. It’s obvious that the moment when Myungsoo stepped in, Naeun kept avoiding her gaze from Myungsoo. While for Myungsoo, Eunji noticed that the moment when he greeted them, his eyes were all on Naeun.

          “Did something happened between two of them?” Eunji thought weirdly. Something must’ve happened. Usually both of them would at least greeted each other whenever they met or had a little chat. That’s the least interaction that both of them could do. Ah, this is weird. Then all of them were surprised by another knock on the door. As the door opened, a person with shiny gum smile greeted them.

          “Hi, girls!” Sungyeol greeted the girls cheerfully. He approached Myungsoo first as he walked in. “Myungsoo, here’s your things. I think that I already brought all of it right?” Sungyeol passed a big black-coloured bag pack to Myungsoo. Everyone would be wondering what’s in it. Carefully, Myungsoo took out all his things, checking up if all of them were here. And it seems like Sungyeol did his job well. He’s the reliable one, indeed. The girls looked at his cameras in awe. Of course, it’s a cool thing to be looked at right?

          “Thank you, hyung. All of them were here.” Myungsoo thanked the older. He probably didn’t get enough time to packed all of his things since he spent his night at Sunggyu’s house. Luckily, Sungyeol coincidentally needed to take something and went back to their penthouse. So he just asked the elder to pack up all his photography stuffs according to his list.

          “Geez, Myungsoo. I still can’t understand why must you need more than a camera. Like seriously, it’s so tiring to pack all the three cameras in the same bag pack!” Sungyeol whined. Myungsoo just rolled his eyes, didn’t want to waste his time to have a tounge-battle with Sungyeol. Furthermore, they’re running out of time.

          “Okay, everyone! It’s photo-time!” Myungsoo said in unison. The girls excitedly gathered up around Eunji. Dongwoo and Sungyeol also joined in.

 

          ‘Click!’

         

          “Wow, you guys really look great!” Myungsoo said, showing everyone the preview of the captured picture. Then they kept Myungsoo to take their pictures more until Hoya, Sungjong and Woohyun barged in. Chorong almost couldn’t even stayed still when Woohyun stepped in. Her eyes quietly examined his attire which really looks well on him. The tux really looks good on him. The actual truth was, the tux that he’s wearing was designed by her. She actually gave him yesterday when they finished presented their ‘masterpiece’ of Eunji’s wedding dress. She could tell that Woohyun might think that she’s going to give him a chance to know her well. But then, she’s not. The tux would be the symbol of their ending of their partnership. But the thing is, Woohyun didn’t knew. He thought it as a present.

          “Yah! How come did you guys took the pictures without us!?” Sungjong whined dramatically while taking his place beside Namjoo. Hoya only sat on the floor along with Sungyeol since both of them were quite tall. Myungsoo helped them to get the right arrangement.

          “Woohyun-hyung! Please stand beside Chorong-noona,” Myungsoo instructed, making Woohyun to have a thought about it before he changed his position. But then he did took the place beside Chorong. Everyone could sense the awkwardness between them as only both of them who didn’t even chattered a word.

          “Damn. Why must he stood beside me? This is embarrassing!” Chorong mentally swore in her mind. She couldn’t even make a spontaneous pose and just kept being stiff with a very forced smile on her face. It’s not that she’s having any problem with Woohyun or what but… She felt so shy right now and she didn’t even know why.

          While in the other hand, Woohyun kept flashing his smiles even though he did felt awkward. But then, he felt so glad because he’s wearing the tux that was designed by Chorong in this blessed day. It did felt like a dream. He never thought that Chorong would kill some of her time to make a tux for him. He was slightly touched by that side of her. And he hoped that they would be in a better term after this.

          “Alright, it’s time to use the standee,” Myungsoo said while setting up the standee for the camera so that he could join the others in the picture. Sungjong gave him a hand to set it all up. After the timer was set, Myungsoo quickly bolted into the frame, taking the space between Naeun and Eunji. Naeun was shocked yet Eunji didn’t even mind about it. Myungsoo have been sending her few eye signals for that and she clearly understood it. After few flashes, all of them stood up from each other’s place. Myungsoo took a glance of Naeun beside him, enjoying the beautiful sight of Naeun before he left the room with the other guys.

          Not long after that, everyone got ready to set off to the wedding hall. Eunji was the most nervous one. As her father stepped in, she was pulled into a deep hug by her father. Naeun just smiled, watching the father and the daughter. Daehyun also came in and gave her a quick hug and whispered some encouraging words that probably could help Eunji to reduce her nervousness.

          Bomi, Namjoo, Yookyung and Hayoung already got prepared with the flowers in their hands as they took their place, lining up behind Eunji. While, Chorong and Naeun made their way to aisle as both of them were the main bridesmaids. Phew, it’s kinda look like destiny since Sunggyu’s best men were Woohyun and Myungsoo.

          Naeun finally managed to gather up her courage to look up and met Myungsoo in the eyes. As usual, Myungsoo flashed his warm smile which can make anyone’s heart bursts. Woohyun in the other hand just stared at Chorong quietly. He knew that Chorong must felt quite embarrassed of herself. “How cute, Park Chorong.” He thought while drawing a thin smile on his lips.

          Sunggyu stood proudly in front of the audience in his wedding attire. He’s having both Woohyun and Myungsoo as his best men for his wedding day. The time that all of the people in the hall waited finally arrived. The moment when the door of the hall was opened and Eunji  stepped in with her arm linked to her father, he almost couldn’t breathe. He’s freaking nervous. He could see his mom and dad, looking at him with a proud smile on their faces. This is the time. The finally time where Eunji will be his.

 

 

          “Oh my god, I almost couldn’t believe that you’re actually married!” Bomi tightly hugged Eunji as Sunggyu let her go to her friends. Not long after that, the others five girls came and surround her with a group hug. They were totally happy for her. Sunggyu also got the same treat from the six guys. Geez, Sungjong kept saying that he almost couldn’t believe that he was actually married.

          “Wow, hyung. You’ve done a great job just now!” Sungyeol praised him with a smile that showed his shiny gums. Yes, everything went off properly and the ceremony ended with a loud applaud from the audience. Both of their parents were totally proud of them. Finally, they’re announced as husband and wife.

          “Oh and anyway… I felt so glad for your first kiss, hyung,” Dongwoo making the elder blushed furiously. The other guys made fun of him because he only had his first kiss on the day of his wedding day. “Damn you, Jang Dongwoo!” He smacked Dongwoo’s head. Gosh, they should stop teasing him.

          Dude, how innocent was that huh? To be honest, it makes him felt quite embarrassed. Seriously, he never thought that he would have courage to even peck the girl on her lips in front of the audience. The moment when the pastor said, “You may kiss your bride,” he almost panicked. But then everything went well as Eunji gave him the ‘it’s okay’ look. And for the first time on his life, he finally had his first kiss. Damn, how embarrassing was that?

          Then the others finally leave him alone when he got some guests from his business partners and the representatives in the industries. With that, Eunji needed to be with him so that they could greet all the guests that came to their wedding ceremony. They didn’t talk to each other, probably still being embarrassed with each other because of the quick kiss just now. They just literally thanked everyone that congrats them. And Dongwoon also probably been there as he was the representative for Son Corporation. It’s compulsory for him after all to attend the wedding ceremony since Eunji was also one of his sister’s best friends.

          “Sunggyu-hyung and Eunji, congratulations on your marriage. Wow, you guys totally looked great with each other.” He spoke as he met them. Dongwoon looks stunning in his tux, probably would manage to make every single girls went crazy. Eunji just blushed when she heard Dongwoon’s words.

          “Thank you, Dongwoon-ah. I guess that we’re going to anticipate your wedding too,” Dongwoon lightly chuckled on Sunggyu’s joke. “Oh, come on. I’m still young hyung. But then it’s such an embarrassment for me too since Eunji got married earlier than me.”

          Eunji shot him a death glare. “Geez, oppa. Why did you even drag me into this..” She said, making both of the guys laughed out loud. “Really… You won it over me, Eunji-ah.” Eunji rolled her eyes, totally annoyed with Dongwoon’s teasing section. Sunggyu just watched both of them. It’s quite a bother for him since Eunji called Dongwoon with the ‘oppa’ name. It made him felt quite jealous to know that both of them were quite close and talked to each other well.

          “Oppa, you should make your move like seriously. Nicole-unnie will be going back to America after this. You better be hurry.” Eunji finally got some idea to tease Dongwoon as her revenge.

          “Gosh… You’re teasing me, huh?”

          “Freaking yes oppa, you’re the one who started it first.”

          “Gosh.. Hyung, you better teach her to be wiser,” Dongwoon joked.

          “Yeah, I will.” He said, finally managed to take a glance of Eunji. Eunji just smiled when her eyes met his. Okay, this situation really makes Dongwoon felt quite awkward for being there.

          “Okay, lovebirds. I better go now. Anyway, where’s Nicole?” Dongwoon still tried to act cool.

          “Tsk, you’re really something Dongwoon-oppa. She’s probably at the waiting room now. Just go and find her there.” And after that Dongwoon left, leaving both of them. Eunji carefully tugged at Sunggyu’s tux, hoping that Sunggyu would respond.

          “What is it?” Sunggyu raised his brows while looking at her. Eunji was currently pouting which made him to think that she looks very cute. “I’m tired.” She said shortly. He gave her a warm smile before saying, “Shall we have a sit?” Eunji nodded lightly. Sunggyu led her to the closest seats in the wedding hall. Since everyone already dismissed, they could have a short rest for now before preparing themselves for the wedding party. Sunggyu was quite flustered when Eunji leaned her head on his shoulder. Okay, he didn’t even expect this.

          “You didn’t mind it right if I borrow your shoulder for a while?”

          “Nope. You can have it.”

          Eunji chuckled, “Yeah right. It’s already mine. And… You’re also mine, right?” Eunji said out of sudden. Sunggyu was probably shocked by her words but then he nodded as a response to it. “Yeah, I’m yours. Now and forever.” He replied, making her to drew a smile on her lips. She couldn’t believe that she felt so happy on this day. The day that she really wanted to avoid just made her drown in her own happiness. How unexpected.

          “From now on… Let’s go together, shall we?” She spoke as she lifted her head, finally facing his face. She didn’t know what’s actually got in her but she wanted to say it. At least, she should make a try. Sunggyu just couldn’t help but smile. His hand reached for hers. “Okay. Let’s go together, from now on. Let’s enjoy this moment together, okay?” Eunji found that her heart was flustered because of his action. And she’s also having so many questions in her head. Is she falling for him? Why did she felt very happy when she’s with him? Will they find the pure love between them in this marriage?

          But then, without any doubt she replied, “Yes.”