(20)

What Life Is All About

“Ugh.” Chorong groaned in pain as she opened her eyes, only to met the white ceiling of — nurse office (or more known as infrimary room)? How can she ended up being here? She struggled abit to move her head, oh god she swore that her head felt super-heavy right now.
    

“Unnie?” A voice that she really recognized entered her ears. Chorong flinched abit as she tried to handle the pain that she’s having on her head right now. She turned her back towards the other side where the voice came, only to find a worried Son Naeun. Weird, she was supposed to be in the old storeroom at the rooftop by now. How can she ended up being at the nurse’s office. Did someone really recued her or did those wicked crazy fangirls just changed their mind to act nice on her?
    Chorong tried to help herself to sit yet she failed. Oh god, she felt so dizzy right now. Naeun approached her, a super-worried expression never leaving her face.

“Don’t move too much. You need to rest.” The younger said as she reached for Chorong’s hand squeezing it gently. Chorong crooked a weak smile, well she’s glad that at least someone was waiting for her.
    

“What happened?” She asked, shifting her eyes on the younger girl. Naeun was still in her school uniform and her hair seems messy abit. She still looks beautiful though.
    

“You’re being knocked out — for already about 4 hours I guess. At first, Bomi-unnie took care of you but since she needs to go home early, I replaced her place.” Chorong’s jaw almost dropped, so she’ve been knocked out for 4 hours already? Oh god, her parents would be worried.
    

“My parents....” Chorong mumbled. Naeun shook off her head slowly, “Don’t worry. I just called them and told them that you’re going to stay with me for tonight. Geez, I’ve known you for years unnie. You’re not the kind of type that would make your parents felt worried.” Chorong made an effort to at least smile, indeed she felt so relieved that Naeun understand her. After all, it would be bad if her parents knew the truth — she doesn’t want to be involved in any problems for now. She didn’t care much about the girls that made her to end up like this.
    

Suddenly, her mind clicked. She’ve been curious since the moment she opened her eyes about how she ended up being here. Did the janitor just opened the old storeroom, or what?
    

“Hey, Naeun.”
    

“Yes?”
    

“How did I ended up being here?
    

Chorong watched as the younger clasped her lips nervously. Chorong could tell that Naeun was having a hesitation to tell her the real matter. Like seriously, what just happened?
    

“Um.. Actually, it’s Woohyun.” Chorong’s heart beated faster when she heard Woohyun’s name. That guy, she ended up being like this because of him — but she didn’t really mind it though. Because something horrible would happen to him if Chorong didn’t sacrifice herself today.
    

“What’s with Woohyun?” She asked. Chorong demanded the younger for an explanation.
    

“He’s the one who brought you here — I don’t really know how but he found you lying unconciously and carried you all the way, oh god he’s freaking worried you know.”
    

“He did?” Naeun nodded lightly.
    

“Actually, I’m the first person that he told about what happened to you but then I’m still in the middle of extra class, so I texted Bomi-unnie to take care of you first. He sounded... like dying. He’s worried and.. felt guilty too.” Somehow, Chorong’s heart clenched when she heard Naeun’s brief explanation. Woohyun saved her, how can she stayed calm? She’ve been treating him with the silent treatment for the whole week — god, she didn’t deserve this.
    

“Oh god, how could he even found me?” Chorong muttered yet loud enough to be heard by Naeun.
    

“It’s coincidence actually..” Naeun suddenly voiced. Chorong shifted her gaze to her. “What?”
    

“He knew that it happened because of the crazy-fangirls.” Chorong’s eyes turned big when she heard that. So Woohyun really knew about them? How could that even possible?
    

“It’s just that.. he overheard their conversation and that’s why he quickly bolted to the old storeroom as soon as he heard about it. It’s just coincidence.” Naeun sounded calm and slow.
    

Chorong let out a heavy sigh, didn’t know how to react. All she want to do was being away from Woohyun so that she won’t be tied to him again. But now, how can she stay away from him? He saved her for God’s sake. She couldn’t just ditch him away like that — oh damn, that stupid silly Nam Woohyun.


    Chorong buried her face in her palms, thinking about what should she do after all of this things happened.
  

 “Rest yourself, Chorong-unnie. Don’t think too much.” Naeun said, slowly patting the elder’s shoulder. It didn’t help much though. Naeun probably knew that Chorong felt guilty.

 

“I guess that you should meet him, later.” Naeun said, low and slow. Chorong let out a frustrating groan. “Like seriously Naeun, how can I even face him? I’ve been pushing him away for the whole week and I don’t think he even wanted to meet me.” Now Chorong really regrets it. It’s ridiculous, because the only reason she avoided him was —  she didn’t want to be attracted to him anymore. Seriously, she figured it out; All the moments that they’ve been sharing during the process of finishing their school project (which is also one of her idea) really made her heart flutters. Especially during the wedding party, the moment when they held each other’s hands, dancing along to the harmonious music. She swore that she never planned to even feel attracted to Woohyun —  or worst, falling in love with him. No, she never.

 

But after that night ended, she finally realized that she’ve been trapped. She’s trapped in Nam Woohyun’s affection towards her during they danced, she still remember how fast her heart beated when their skin brushed against each other, and they way he stared in her eyes. Her heart was being melted —  and she hates it, yet again.

 

Sighs. Why can’t just Nam Woohyun leave her alone? She’ve been doing a favor to him — those crazy fangirls said that Woohyun would be harmed if she didn’t leave Woohyun alone. Of course she doesn’t want anything bad happened to Woohyun. Besides, she want to put a distance between herself and him so it won’t be a big deal, right? But everything just turned wrong — she was attached to him, again. Oh boy.

 

 

“Is she okay?” Woohyun spoke, his phone was attached on his ear. He could hear a relieve sigh across the line. The wind softly hit his soft skin, causing him to shiver abit. “Yeah, she’s okay. She’s spending her night my house, probably didn’t want to worry her parents with her current condition.” Naeun replied. Woohyun crooked a calming smile as he heard her words.

 

“Guess that both of us are not going to school tomorrow. She need to rest and I need to take a good care of her. But I don’t know if...” Naeun paused. Woohyun waited for the young one to continue her words.

 

“If she want to go to school tomorrow so that she can meet you.” Woohyun barely could breath when he thought about that. It would be better for her not to be around him. She’d done a right choice for ignoring him yet he’s the one who never stop trying to approach her. It’s probably his fault, that caused her to end up like this.


“No. You better stop her from doing so. She can’t go back to school in that condition.” Woohyun said in a serious tone.

 

“Yeah, I know. She’s quite stubborn but at least she would probably listen to me since I took her in tonight. She won’t mess up with me.” Naeun said playfully, causing Woohyun to chuckle lightly. Among of the Chorong’s friends, Woohyun felt most comfortable with Naeun — that he managed to get her phone number during their busy days making the preparation for the newlyweds — Eunji and Sunggyu. After all, Naeun seems close with all of the girls and so does Chorong. That’s why Woohyun decided to tell Naeun at the first place when he saved Chorong from that unfortunate incident. Thus, Naeun really understands the whole current situation.


“Cheer up, Woohyun-oppa. You guys are going to make up soon. I don’t know what kind of relationship that both of you were sharing but I can tell that she’s happy,” Woohyun’s smile slowly turned into a thin line. He clasped his lips as he thought about Naeun’s words. Relationship? He and Chorong? They’re completely nothing, actually.

 

“We’re just... Partners for the school project. Nothing more than that.” Woohyun voiced low and slow, earning a snort from the younger across the line. “Liar.” Naeun shot back. Woohyun didn’t know what kind of answer that he should give because he really wished that both Chorong and him could be friends — or more than that. Seriously, no one ever caught his heart this badly after his old past. The black past.

 

“Look, whatever it is I just hope that both of you could make up again. I miss seeing you guys bickering to each other — well kinda sort of interesting to me.” Naeun spoke carefully, didn’t want the elder to feel pissed off.

 

Woohyun let out a heavy breath. As much as Naeun wanted them to be in good term, yet for now he already made his decision. He’s going to push himself away from Chorong. It’s okay for him to watch her from afar, as long as he still can see her — he can cope with that. Sorry Naeun, I can’t help with that.

 

“Yeah, think whatever you want. Hey, it’s already late. I should be going now. Um, goodnight I guess. Please take care of her, I owe you one.”

 

“Alright, Oppa. You too, goodnight. Thanks for saving her, I owe you my whole life. Geez, I didn’t know what would happen to her if you weren’t there.” Woohyun chuckled upon her words. Naeun didn’t seem as cold as she was seen. She’s a warm girl, the caring one too. It makes Woohyun feel like wanting to have a little sister like to be pampered.

 

“Okay. I’m hanging up.” With that Woohyun ended the call. He stood there for a while, glancing the beautiful sight of Gangnam district. It’s not that beautiful compared than Jeju. Gangnam had so many skyscrapers and tall buildings — while in Jeju you can see the blue sea surrounding the land. Ah, it makes him to miss his home.


He shot another last glance before turning his heels through the door, he can’t hold it anymore since it’s quite cold outside. As he turned his back, he let out a soft gasp as his eyes spotted a figure standing while leaning against the door — and eyes on him.

 

Woohyun softly massaged his chest, still covering from his shock. After for a while he turned to the figure and spoke, “What are you doing here, Myungsoo?” He could feel Myungsoo’s eyes trailing from his head to his toe. For some reason Woohyun thought that Myungsoo was being serious because he had this kind of piercing stare on himself — which means that Kim Myungsoo is being freaking serious right now so it’s better not to mess up with him.


“To whom you were talking to?” Myungsoo asked, arms crossed to his chest and his eyes were piercing Woohyun. Woohyun felt quite uneasy with Myungsoo’s stare but he still answer his question, “To Naeun.” When Naeun’s name escaped his lips, he could see that Myungsoo was being more serious as he was clenching his fist. With that, Woohyun finally figure out. Oh god, don’t tell me that he’s jealous.

 

Just thinking about that made Woohyun to burst into laugh. The loud one to be exact which caused the younger to feel pissed off abit. Woohyun just can’t stop laughing, how come the younger friend of his felt jealous because he just talked to his ‘biggest major crush’ on the phone oh-my-god it’s damn so funny.


“What the hell, hyung? Why are you laughing when I’m being serious here?” Myungsoo spoke in a stern voice, rolling his eyes as he watched the elder continue laughing like crazy person.

When Woohyun finally held himself back, he finally made his steps closer to Myungsoo, with a cheeky grin on his lips. “Aigoo, my little brother is feeling jealous just because I spoke to his crush on the phone? How naive.” Woohyun playfully said while cupping both of Myungsoo’s cheek and pinching them lightly. Myungsoo snorted, pushing away Woohyun’s hands from his precious cheeks. Geez, Nam Woohyun could just be so annoying sometimes.


“What the hell are you talking? I don’t have any girl to be crush on. So shut it up.” Myungsoo said, annoyed. His expression turned into normal again, no serious gaze was traced on his face, which makes Woohyun felt relieved abit. Slowly, he placed a hand on Myungsoo’s shoulder and gently massaged it. Myungsoo looked up to see Woohyun’s face only to find the elder giving him a reassuring smile.

“Nothing happened, Myungsoo. We’re just talking on the phone and it’s nothing serious. It’s about Chorong though, I really need Naeun’s help when it comes to Chorong. So I hope that you won’t mind.” By hearing Woohyun’s words, Myungsoo felt a sense of guilt on himself — because he was thinking to invite Woohyun to have a coffee with at the kitchen but as soon as he heard the elder mentioning Naeun’s name while having a call, he could just simply assume that he’s calling Naeun. And it’s true, he was jealous. Sighs, he shouldn’t think bad about Woohyun. They’ve known each other for so many years. He already treated Woohyun like his own older brother — and Woohyun understands him the most aside from Sunggyu. He shouldn’t have a bad thought about Woohyun in the first place — because Woohyun is not the type who’ll steal his friend’s girl. Woohyun might be a player but he’s not that cruel to betray the friendship that he was in.

“It’s okay, hyung. I probably understand it. And yeah, I’m sorry. I’m just—”

“Talk to her Myungsoo.” Woohyun cut him off. Myungsoo stared at Woohyun with a blank face. The elder shook off his head. He almost forgot that sometimes Myungsoo was too dense — maybe too dense to realize his own feelings too.

“Wake up, kiddo. It’s obvious. Anyone could tell that you really have a thing on her. Just looking at the way you stared her, wow I’m so impressed. I never thought that you would fall in love for even once.”

Myungsoo clasped his lips nervously, not knowing what to say. He couldn’t think of any reply. And Woohyun spoke again, “You better tell her, before someone else took her away.” Woohyun’s words sounds like a threat. Not a threat from Woohyun but a threat from every single guy in this world.


“I...I don’t know, hyung. We just knew each other. Don’t you think that it’s still early for me to confess. After all, she didn’t seem like having interest to be in a relationship. Well, very much like your Chorong.” Myungsoo earned a light slap on his arm, thanks for the ‘your Chorong’ words.


“Not mine, Myungsoo. Nope.” Woohyun said, his voice sounded low and soft — almost sounding like he’d surrendered which quite made Myungsoo confused. Did something happened between both of them? After that incident of his slip of words, Woohyun just left — probably off to his bedroom. Myungsoo was stunned. And confused too. He never saw Woohyun like that. The elder sounded like as if he just surenderred without even fighting.


“How weird,” Myungsoo said while scratching the back of his neck, he finally went in and closed the balcony’s sliding door and made his way to the kitchen again. Seems like he’s having his coffee alone tonight.