(11)

What Life Is All About

“I couldn’t even believe that the day actually arrived!” Bomi whined, faking a cry in front of Eunji which caused the girl smacked her friend so hard. “Bbom, stop acting exaggerately okay?” Eunji said. Bomi pouted, turning to Chorong who’s still busy looking at the blue-print that she created by herself.

“Are you done, Chorong-unnie?” Bomi asked, looking at the elder who is having a hard time with her own blue-print.  Chorong sighed for the countless times. Gosh, this is hard. She turned to Bomi, shaking her head.

“What are you going to do right now?” Bomi said. Chorong gritted her teeth, trying to think of something. The dress should be done before the wedding reception starts. And that gives her only three days.

“Hey, you shouldn’t do it if you can’t. I still can ask the other designers,” Eunji said, not wanting to burden the elder. But it seems like Chorong insisted and want to make the dress by herself. The dress which is supposed to be her present to Eunji. And she’s going to make it.

“No, it’s okay. I’m going to make sure that it will be finished before the wedding reception started,” Chorong said, brushing all worries in Eunji’s face. Eunji in the other hand is completely nervous. Of course she would because in only three days, she’ll be someone’s wife. But still, she felt glad since she has all her friends with her.

“I’m depending on you,” Eunji said, leaving a pat on the elder’s shoulder. Since Sunggyu and herself already decided to make the wedding preparation by themselves, they’ve been busy for the entire week. Her parents were totally disagree at first but since she had consoled them, they let her to make the preparation by herself. Her mother only helps her to find the church and booked a ballroom for the occasion. Otherwise, she would do them by herself with help of her friends and of course, Sunggyu himself.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure that everything will be perfect as we planned,” Chorong said, reassuring her soon-married-bestfriend.Deep inside she’s totally in trouble. She couldn’t think of any person that can help her with the dress. It would be great if her parents were in Korea right now. Too bad that they have to fly to France because they need to attend some fashion shows there. Like seriously, she’s in trouble yet she’s saying that everything was completely okay. That’s her, she doesn’t want to burden the others unless it’s herself. Suddenly, her mind just got clicked. Nam Woohyun!

“Uhh, well guys. I think I have something to be done.” Chorong said excusing herself. She knew that it would be quite shame for her to ask for that rotten guy’s help but she really had no choice.

“Oppa, have you arrived at the airport?” Naeun asked through the call. Dongwoon just walked through the exit of the arrival hall along his secretary, some guy named Cha Sunwoo. They just reached at the Incheon Airport after spending a week for his business project there. He already informed his secretary, to postpone all his appoinments in these three days until Eunji’s wedding ended. Of course, he didn’t want to miss it.

“Yeah, I just arrived. I guess that I’ll be there around 3 o’clock. Tell Eunji to wait,” He answered.

“Yeah, I will. Don’t be too late okay?”

“Alright,” With that, he ended the call. His sister must have already been at Eunji’s house since last night since they’re helping her with the wedding preparation. Thinking about Eunji who is getting married soon made a smile crept to his lips.

“She is seventeen and going to be married. How about you Son Dongwoon? Already twenty-two yet hasn’t married.” He thought in his mind. Slowly, he sighed. He also have a thought of getting married but he still didn’t meet the ‘right person’.

“Is there anything wrong, Mr. President?” His secretary asked after hearing his sigh. Dongwoon shook his head quickly, telling his secretary that he is totally okay.

“Nope, I’m fine. Just maybe a little tired.” He replied to the latter as they arrived at centre of the airport. “Sunwoo, you can go home first. I’ll take care of the rest by myself,”

“Alright, Mr. President. See you at the wedding of Mr. Kim.” His secretary said as he bowed and excused himself, going home first. Dongwoon carried his luggage, try to find a seat. After a few search, he finally found an available seat beside a lady  with a pair of black shades who is so busy reading the wedding magazine. Well, ladies’ taste to be exact. However, he couldn’t see the face of the lady since the magazine  is blocking her face so he decided to take the seat beside the lady without even asking her.

“Who gives you the permission to sit beside me huh?” The lady beside him said. It makes Dongwoon felt shocked a bit as the lady greeted him with those kind of annoying words. But he decided to keep still with his gentleman manner.

He cleared his throat before saying, “I’m sorry, Miss. But I don’t think that you’re using this seat so that’s why I decided to seat here. Afterall, the other seats are already full.” He could hear the lady chuckled sarcastically after hearing his words. “What’s her problem actually?” He thought in his mind. He tried to distract his mind by scrolling the news on the internet using his phone.

“I guess that you haven’t change a bit huh, Son Dongwoon?” The lady beside him said. Dongwoon’s jaw dropped as he heard her, quickly turned to the lady. “Wait, do you know me?”

The lady let out a light chuckle before putting down the magazine that blocked her face. “Don’t you remember me?” She said as she put away the black shades that she’ve been wearing. Dongwoon’s eyes turned bigger.

“Nicole? Jung Nicole?” The name escaped from his lips.

“BINGO! Our Dongwoon is brilliant indeed.” She said in a cool way. Dongwoon laughed out as he realized that it is really Nicole, his long lost high school mate. They’ve been good friends since 7th grade. But when they  were in 9th grade, Nicole and her family moved to Los Angeles because of his father’s business.

            “Oh gosh, I literally couldn’t even believe that we finally met again. It’s already been 7 years I guess. How are you? Why did you come back?”

            “Yeah, quite long right? Glad to meet you again, Son. By the way, I came back because I’m going to attend my little cousin’s wedding. She’s just seventeen yet she’ll be going to marry earlier than me,” She said while chuckling, showing her beautiful eye smile.

“Wait, your cousin? Married at seventeen?  Well, my sister’s friend also getting married in that age,” He said as it reminds him to Eunji. What a strong girl.

“Really?” Nicole gasped excitedly, showing her shining eyes. Dongwoon grinned.

“Yeah. I really respect her a lot. Afterall, that girl is going to marry the heir of Kim Corporation. It’s hard for her at first but she made a brilliant decision.”

Nicole’s jaw dropped as she heard what Dongwoon just said. “Did you meant your sister’s friend is the heiress of Jung Corporation?” Dongwoon nodded with a shocked expression plastered on his face, totally questioning how the lady knew about that.

“She’s my cousin! She’s the one that I meant. It’s Jung Eunji right?” Nicole said while winking which Dongwoon felt flustered a bit. He has to admit it that his long lost high school mate is cute and looks more matured in her way of fashion. They laughed in sync after realizing that they’re talking about same person. “Gosh, Eunji I should thanked you for this,” Dongwoon thought.

“Seriously, I really don’t know that she is your cousin. She never tells me about you eventhough I’m quite close to her,”

“Nah, of course because I rarely fly back to Korea. By the way, I’m so busy with my career.” Nicole said while putting away her magazine. Dongwoon flashed his brows. “What is your career? You seems like a successful businesswoman,” Dongwoon complimented.

“No, I’m not a businesswoman but kinda sort of it. Well, I’m a wedding planner to be exact.” She stated. Dongwoon stared her in awe completely felt amazed.

“Wow, it’s kinda unbelievable! And…. Amazing,”

“I bet that you must don’t believe it right? Well, I barely too because I never thought that I would end up being a wedding planner,” Nicole palmed her  face. They continued their long chat at the nearest Korean restaurant which is located inside the airport. Nicole was quite delighted to have the Korean cuisines again after 7 years. And it’s great to spend some time with her long lost friend. After that they walked together through the exit of the airport.

“So….” Dongwoon awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. Nicole chuckled lightly. “See you soon, I guess?”

Dongwoon nodded happily.He walked along with Nicole to his car. He probably want to offer her a ride since he also want to go to Eunji’s house. “Anyway Nicole, are you going to Eunji’s house?” He gently asked. Nicole nodded, “Yeah. Of course, I’m going to spend my days there until the wedding come.”

“Great then. I can offer you a ride since I also have to meet up with my little sister there,” Dongwoon offered. Nicole gladly accept it and quickly hopped in Dongwoon’s car. Dongwoon  started to drive with a big smile on his face, his heart is blooming.

 “Excuse me Miss Park, what the hell are you talking about?” Woohyun groaned in frustration. Chorong scoffed, rolling her eyes towards the overreacted guy in front of her. “I’m asking for your consideration.”

Woohyun glared unbelievably at the girl, totally annoyed with the girl’s sudden decision about their art project. Chorong assigned that they should make Eunji’s wedding dress for their art project. It was nice of her to offer herself to design and make a wedding dress for Eunji but it’s quite insane since it’s only three days left until the marriage reception. Making a wedding dress would rather take at least a week to be finished. Silence was filled between them as Chorong didn’t gave him a reply. Woohyun sighed in defeat. He thought that Chorong wanted to meet him because of she wanted to befriend with him. But he’s wrong.

“Look….” Woohyun said, clasping his lips. Chorong stayed still, watching him with a pair of her cold eyes, no emotion at all. Woohyun mentally cursed himself for a while. Out of all the girls that he’ve met for the rest of his life, this one is the hardest. She is totally different from the other girls. Stubborn, rock-headed and the brave one.

“I know that your intention is good but still…. Fashion designing is not my profession. I would agree if it suits with myself but really…. It didn’t.” Woohyun continued, trying to explain his real thought about her proposal. He didn’t want to bicker with her today because it would spoil his mood of celebrating Sunggyu’s last bachelor party.

Chorong blinked while looking at the guy. Deep inside, she felt so devastated as she failed to make the guy to agree with her proposal. Of course she would feel so frustrated because she already sacrificed her ego to ask the guy out to meet her at this café. And it didn’t help her at all.

‘No! You can’t give up Chorong! It’s Eunji’s wedding day and you had promised her the present. She would feel sad if you can’t make up your promise,’ Chorong said to herself. She clenched her fist tight, saying to herself that no matter how it is, she should get Woohyun’s consideration.

“But Woohyun don’t you feel bad? It’s your friend’s wedding afterall. Don’t you want Sunggyu feel happy during his own wedding? He had gone through many hard things. Same goes to Eunji, that’s how I felt. I need you to consider it, at least.” Hearing that, Woohyun was drown in his thought.

‘She’s right. It’s Sunggyu’s wedding afterall. But, I don’t know anything about fashion! How am I going to work up in this project?’ His mind talks. He couldn’t make a decision for now.

“Take your time Woohyun, you should think properly about it. I hope you’ll consider it,” Chorong said while standing up from her seat, getting ready to leave. Then something snapped out Woohyun’s mind. “This is it! What a fool, Nam Woohyun!” He thought as he finally found the right decision. Why didn’t he thought about that from the beginning? Gosh, what a fool he is.

“Chorong, wait!” He called Chorong who’s already about to walk towards the exit door of the café. Woohyun didn’t took longer time as he quickly approached her. While Chorong was praying deeply in heart, hoping that the guy would give a right decision.

“I.. I’ll consider about it. No, I’m agree with the proposal.” Woohyun stated which made Chorong’s lips drew a smile. Woohyun was glad that Chorong felt happy about it, but he needed to tell her a few conditions that she had to fulfill as the reward of his consideration.

“But…” Woohyun couldn’t even continue with his words as Chorong pull him into her arms, hugging him real so tight. He would never thought that a girl like Chorong would act like that. Being in her arms made him felt like as if he was dreaming.

“Gosh, is this real? Am I dreaming?” Woohyun said to himself, hoping that the time would stop and he would be in this state for eternity. ‘Park Chorong, what’ve you done to me?’

“Oh my god.” Chorong muttered under her breath after she realized what she have done. In reflex, she slightly pushed Woohyun and broke the hug. “Stupid! Stupid! Why did you do that!?” She mentally cursed herself for a while. It’s her fault for being too happy until she didn’t even realized that she accidentally hugged the person that she hates the most. Well, maybe not for now since he agreed to tolerate with her. Woohyun just let Chorong broke the hug, finally knowing that she did it without her own realization. He still feel happy, yet there’s a thug in his heart as she broke the hug. Something that he felt was missing.

“Um….” Chorong mumbled nervously, didn’t know how to explain the current situation. She was afraid that Woohyun might misunderstood her for hugging him suddenly like that in public. ‘Hell, he must thought that I fell for him. Oh no, please don’t!’

 Woohyun coughed a few times while rubbing the back of his neck, trying to cope with the sudden awkwardness between them. He smiled a bit when he looked at Chorong who’s staring at her own feet, not even dare to look at him. ‘What a cute fella she is.

“Hey, Chorong.” Chorong looked up at him. Their eyes met for a while before Chorong looked away. This made Woohyun chuckled slightly.

“What?” Chorong asked with a serious tone, she gave him a glare as sign for him to stop making fun of her. ‘Take that Chorong! It wouldn’t be like this if you don’t hugged him just now! Duhh, somebody, please help me!’ Chorong barely can breath as herself was drown in deep shameness.

“I forgot to tell you that you would have some conditions which you need to fulfill as the reward of my consideration.” He said in his proud tone, a wicked smile plastered in his mind. ‘This gonna be interesting.’

Chorong’s eyes grew big as she heard it. “Conditions?” She asked, raising her brows. Woohyun slightly nodded. “I’ll tell you later. Nah, don’t have to worry,” Woohyun said, reassuring her. Chorong didn’t took a long time to agree. “Fine. As long as it makes you to consider my proposal, I’ll fulfill your conditions.” Chorong said, not even have a serious thought about the conditions that she needed to fulfill.

Woohyun broke into smile. Finally he could get a chance to be closer to the girl. For all this time, she’ve been shutting him out and whenever they wanted to talk it always ended with them bickering to each other. She’s totally different. And that makes him feel attracted towards her.

“So.. When will we proceed to our project huh? You should guide me since you are an expert in this matter,”

“Don’t worry, it’s gonna be interesting. I bet that you won’t regret. Hopefully,” Chorong said, rising up her brows. Finally, she can breathe peacefully.

Hello, fellas! Sorry for not updating. I'm so busy with my preparation for my examination.

So here it is! Chapter 11 hahahaha I spent a lot of time to think about it. Hope you guys would

enjoy it! Get ready to be invited to Sunggyu and Eunji's wedding lol /squeals/