01

What Life Is All About

“Son Naeun wake up will you ? Or not you’ll be late for school!” Naeun stood up weakly from her bed.

 

“Geez, oppa you’re so loud!” She shouted. She quickly walked to the bathroom to have her bath. After that , she wore her school uniform and went downstairs.

 

“There you are. Hurry up , I have a meeting to attend this morning.” Her only family and brother, Son Dongwoon said. She sat at the table and ate the breakfast.

 

“Naeun-ah, I will come home late tonight. So you don’t have to wait for me okay,” Dongwoon said to his sister. Naeun nodded then added , “Oppa , since you’ll not be at home this evening , can I go to Chorong’s unnie house ? We have some project to discuss.” She explained. Dongwoon ate his last bite of meat.

 

“Sure, why not? I’ll ask Butler Lee to drive you there okay?”

 

“No, it’s okay. I can take the bus. I’ll take care myself, I promise okay?” Naeun persuaded her brother. It’s not she didn’t want to follow her brother’s order but she didn’t want to burden anyone. The butlers also need to rest sometimes.

 

“Well, as long as you are safe. And remember, don’t come home too late okay?” Dongwoon added. Naeun nodded quickly. Dongwoon stood from his seat and reached for his briefcase.

 

“Alright, I should be going now. See you, Naeun-ah.” He said to his sister who is still having her breakfast then leave the mansion with his car. Naeun sighed.

 

“Eating alone again. Tsk, so sad,” She muttered to herself. She stuffed a spoonful of butterscotch cake in . After she finished her breakfast , she took her bag and went out from the mansion. She gave a smile to the butlers who were waiting for her.

 

“Good morning , Agasshi,” Butler Lee greets her. She nodded and greeted her butler back , “Good morning too , Mr. Lee.” Then she opened the car’s door by herself before Mr. Lee done it. Butler Lee hurriedly got into the car and drive her to the school.

 

“Mr. Lee,” Naeun called her butler.

 

“Yes, Agasshi?”

 

“You don’t have to fetch me after the school end , okay?”

 

“Ah , why is it Agasshi? Where are you going?” Butler Lee asked as he concerned.

 

“Well, I’m going to Chorong’s unnie house so I will just ride her car. Don’t worry I’ve already told my Oppa.”

 

“Alright, Agasshi,”

 

A few minutes later, they arrived at the front gate of Seoul National High School. The school which only places the daughters and sons of the famous companies’ owners in Korea. Well , Naeun prefer the ordinary high schools actually but since her brother resisted her wish so she need to attend this elite school. Well , at least she already spent two years with her best girlfriends in this school.

 

“Good morning , Naeunnie! You’re quite late today huh?” Chorong greeted her when she just got out from her car. Naeun gave a warm-hearted smile to her bestfriend. She already treated Chorong as her sister since Chorong understands her so much.

 

“Morning too, unnie. Well , I stayed up to finish my Maths homeworks last night,” She said as she approached Chorong.

 

“Aigooo, so hardworking! Thank goodness that you didn’t have those panda eyes,” Chorong said while letting out her chuckles. They made their steps to the school corridor.

 

“Naeun! Chorong-unnie!” Chorong and Naeun stopped their steps as they heard the call.

 

“Ah, Eunji-yah. What is it? Why do you look so in rush?” Chorong said to Eunji who was panting so hard. Eunji relaxed herself a little.

 

“Hey, can I talk with both of you for a while at the cafeteria?” Eunji said nervously. Naeun and Chorong looked at each other. Then they turned to Eunji, “Sure , why not? By the way , the class will start at 9 a.m. today since the teachers are having an urgent meeting,” Chorong said. Naeun nodded as she agree with Chorong.

 

“Alright then, let’s go!” Eunji said and dragged them to the cafeteria. They took a seat which was kinda protected from the other people.

 


“What is it, Jung Eunji? You’re acting weird,” Chorong said as they sat at seat. Naeun felt the same too since it’s rare to see Eunji acting like this.

 

“Yeah, unnie. You’re making us worried, you know.” Naeun stated. Eunji sighed before saying her ‘sorry’ to Chorong and Naeun.

 

“Well... I need to confess something.” Eunji started. Naeun and Chorong stared at her seriously.

 

“Ummm, I’m getting married. Okay, no it’s an arranged marriage. And I don’t want it.” Eunji said in one breath. Eunji can see how shocked Naeun and Chorong were.

 

“WHAT!?” Chorong almost screamed. Naeun’s jaw dropped when she heard what Eunji said. Eunji clenched her teeth.

 

“Unnie.. Seriously?” Naeun muttered. She’s still in shock. Eunji nodded weakly. Chorong made an ‘unsatisfied’ face.

“What the hell? Why so sudden?” Chorong asked while trying to calm herself.

 

“Umm.. My parents just told me about it on our dinner last night. I’m also still in shock about this,” Eunji said. She had a sad expression on her face which made Naeun and Chorong felt worried.

 

“I’m also against it but… They said I have no choice,” Eunji added. Chorong gritted her teeth. She felt so furious right now. How could Mr. Jung and Mrs. Jung forced their own daughter into an arranged marriage. It’s so unacceptable for her.

 

“So… Who’s the guy?” Naeun asked.

 

“I don’t know. My parents just said that he’s one of the heirs of Kim Corporation.” Eunji stated. She ruffled her hair in frustration. Naeun looked at Eunji sadly. She felt a thug in her heart. Of course it hurts to see one of her bestfriends having big problem like this. This is why she didn’t like being born into rich families. No freedom at all.

 

“Eunji, don’t be sad. You still can try to convince your parents about that,” Chorong said while holding Eunji’s hand. Naeun agreed with Chorong’s words.

 

“Yeah, unnie. You shouldn’t give up.”

 

“But seriously I can’t do anything about that! The wedding will be hold in a month from now. I... I felt hopeless,” Eunji said weakly as she burst into tears.

 

“Shhhh, Eunji-yah don’t be like this,” Chorong tried to calm her. This is the first time she saw Eunji in tears after 4 years in their friendship. Naeun could feel her heart was aching when she saw Eunji cried. Jung Eunji that she knows never spills her tears. She’s always look strong. But this is the first time she saw Eunji in fragile state.

 

“Chorong-unnie, what we’re gonna do?” Naeun looked at Chorong worriedly. Chorong sighed then glanced at Eunji.

 

“Calm down Eunji-yah. We should do something to avoid the marriage from happened,” Chorong said while giving a warm hug to Eunji. Naeun also do the same.

 

“Shh, Eunji-unnie. It’s gonna be alright , we promise,” Naeun said while patting Eunji in the back. Eunji smiled and wiped her tears. This is the first time she cried in front of the others. Well, she kinda felt ashamed of herself.

 

“Aigooo, I’m such a crybaby right?” She mumbled while quickly wiped her tears with her fingers. Both Naeun and Chorong chuckled when they heard her words. Finally , the happy virus is back. Three of them made a group hug.

 

“Chorong-unnie, Naeun-ah. Thanks for hearing my sad story. Sorry for spoiling your morning,” Eunji said while smiling sheepishly. They nodded happily.

 

“Eunji, we should told the others too about this,” Chorong suggested. “Yeah, it’s better for them to know about this.” Naeun said agreeing with Chorong’s idea.

 

“Alright, let’s tell them after the school end.” Eunji stood. The clock at the cafeteria was already showed 8.45 a.m. Their classes will start soon. Naeun and Chorong also stood up from their seats.

 

“Oh my , I’m quite sure that Bomi-unnie will feel furious about this,” Naeun said in their way to their class. Eunji and Chorong chuckled.

 

“Yeah, I think she’ll transformed into gorilla,” Eunji words made both of them laughed until their stomach’s hurts.

 

“Aish, Bomi will probably overreacted about that,” Chorong said. They laughed together after hearing Chorong’s words.

 

 

Phewwww what a short update sobs ;~~; My English isn't really good right tsk I'm sorry I've done my best to finish this chapter lol btw this is my first fanfic keke ;; Thanks for those who are reading and subscribed *u* /throws Nam Woohyun's hearts/.