For --obsidian

~Infinite Secret Santa 2013~ *Santas Revealed!*
an unconventional parental holiday

For --obsidian

pairing;woogyu

prompt;Meeting the parents on Christmas Day


   "Are you sure about this?" Woohyun asks, clearly uncomfortable and scratching at the neck of his tie. This was honestly a stupid idea he thought. He would much rather be home in comfort and relaxation than be here with this damn necktie.
 
    "Yes now shut up before they hear us." Sunggyu's smile stretches even thinner as he rings the doorbell again, keeping his finger pressed on the button to extend the noise. They had already rung the buzzer about 6 times and no one had come to the door.
 
    Sunggyu can hear Woohyun huff behind him and he has to restrain the urge to turn around and knee the other in his privates. Sunggyu was standing in the same predicament but you didn't see him sighing away. He mumbles profanities under his breath and loosens the collar of his shirt messily.
 
    "If they don’t come out within the next minute this necktie will become their new garden decoration." The shorter growls and pulls at the offending piece of fabric just as the doors swing open and he quickly straightens it back up. Both of the two smile widely and bow repeatedly before they're ushered into the house.
 
    "Sunggyu who is this?"
 
    They stand there awkwardly before its Sunggyu who decides to speak.
 
    "Mom, dad, this is my boyfriend Woohyun."
 
    Woohyun closes his eyes and wishes he could die.
 
-
 
    (last week)
 
    The couple is lounging on the couch without a care in the world, Sunggyu in Woohyun's lap and Woohyun’s fingers in Sunggyu’s hair. They’ve been lying in this position ever since morning after breakfast and neither of them actually wanted to get up. It was too cold outside and it’s not like any of them had anything to do over the holiday season.
 
    Suddenly Sunggyu rolls over and presses his face into Woohyun’s stomach and the other slightly tenses up as the male kisses a line up onto his collarbone. His boyfriend was never this randomly affectionate without a reason or a request. The male sighs and looks at Sunggyu. "What do you want from me Gyu ah."
 
    He almost laughs as Sunggyu’s pouty expression and when Sunggyu lamely punches his shoulder but Woohyun feigns hurt. "Why do you always assume I want something when I just want to touch you?" Sunggyu asks in a slightly whiny voice and Woohyun really does laugh this time and this time Sunggyu’s punch kinda does hurt but Woohyun takes it like a man.
 
    "Because you always do. Remember that time when we had and then you asked me for a rabbit? And then it died and you were depressed for two weeks." He grimaces recalling the memory and shakes his head. "The only way you cheered up was when I let you buy another one." He points to the rabbit cage and groans.
 
    "Well this time you're wrong and I don't want anything." it was quite adorable the way Sunggyu stuck his tongue out.
 
    "Except to have you meet my parents on Christmas."
 
    Woohyun is about to brush it off but he realizes what Sunggyu just said. Parents, as in real life people who gave life to his beautiful angel. He shudders.
 
    "Hyun it hurts." Sunggyu whines slightly and Woohyun releases the clump of hair, which he realizes he had been grasping a little tightly.
 
    "Sorry Gyu." Woohyun murmurs and places a kiss on top of the red head who smiles in content but inside Woohyun is having an internal breakdown.
 
    He had never been good with parents, even his very own. Woohyun’s childhood was filled with awkward communication with his parents who were overseas for most of his life. it kind of explained his initial awkward phase with Sunggyu and their dating was filled with bad communication but was now smoothed out into a simple love life.
 
    They lived together in a small apartment near the city where the traffic was small and the people were quiet. It was nice for Woohyun, a fresh graduate from university with a musical arts degree to date someone like Sunggyu who was grounded and practical. Sunggyu was only two years older than him, and they had met through an errand in the music department. They had hit off quickly despite Woohyun’s tentativeness and Sunggyu’s brashness, dating after only a few months and living together after Woohyun graduated.
 
    But parents were a whole other conversation. It was quite impossible for Sunggyu to meet his parents due to the fact that they were currently in Singapore but Sunggyu’s parents were just a 20 minute drive away. Woohyun had always made up countless excuses for not meeting them on many accounts, from spraining his leg to being too busy at work. (he was a vocal trainer) but Sunggyu had that stupid pouty look on his face and for christ sake it was Christmas, and Sunggyu’s parents would definitely have a bad impression of him if he would skip out again.
 
    "What do you say Hyunnie?" Sunggyu asks with that damn pout and inside Woohyun cries a little at his weak heart.
 
    "Fine."
 
-
 
    (back to the present)    
    They’re sitting on a couch across from Sunggyu’s parents and Woohyun is a nervous wreck. On the outside he sits straight with a charming smile (at least he hopes it looks charming and not as if he was being poisoned) and his hands folded in his lap. Beside him Sunggyu sat cross-legged with a big smile. And the parents were stony faced and silent, looking at Woohyun and on the inside Woohyun wanted to crawl into a hole.
 
    "He’s kinda short Sunggyu ah. Couldn’t you get a taller one? But his face is nice. Have you two had yet?"
 
    Woohyun nearly chokes on his saliva, not believing how the woman could ask so casually and looks over at Sunggyu who had just pinkened slightly.
 
    "I bet you two have. My son would have probably seduced you by now Woohyun if he hasn't already. He’s the type of kid who would bottom." Woohyun thinks he doesn't want to mention how they had on their first date. By now Woohyun is anxious in his seat and slightly dreading the other questions that they were bound to ask.
 
    "Are you two using condoms.”
 
    "Dad!"
 
    "Just curious son, you know you can still get diseases even if you're taking it in the-"
 
    "Dad stop god we're adults we know how to have safe ." Woohyun again thinks he doesn't want to mention the countless amounts of time Sunggyu had made him not use a when the other was as .
 
    He thinks it’s a good time to intervene when he hears Sunggyu and his parents arguing about who tops and who bottoms and Woohyun clears his throat.
 
    "Uh Mr. and Mrs.Kim you don't have to worry about anything I’ll take good care of your son." he's slightly mortified when Sunggyu’s mom snorts, his own face blushing.
 
    "Oh I’m sure you do. Sunggyu here is the lazy type. My guess is that you two just lie around all day doing nothing. And you guys have a pet don't you, a hamster?"
 
    "Rabbit." The elder interjects stonily and crosses his arms. His parents look at their son and break out into laughter.
 
    "Look at our so, he’s certainly grown. We approve of Woohyun; he looks like a nice boy that won’t break your heart.”
 
    “Or your .”
 
    Woohyun thinks he has never seen Sunggyu so red in his life.
 
-
 
    “That was horrible. Simply and utterly the worst. I don’t think it could have been even worse!” Sunggyu seethes as he storms out of his parents’ house, nearly slamming the door (but it instead hits Woohyun’s foot). Woohyun hobbles along and he can’t help but think it could have gone much worse like having the latter’s parents curse and spit out of them or even kicking them out of the house but he knows he doesn’t want to irritate Sunggyu when he was already like this. Woohyun wasn’t keen on the idea of sleeping alone tonight or on the couch.
 
    “If it helps any, I like your parents even if they’re brash.” Woohyun says and tries to keep up with Sunggyu who was walking pretty fast. “And they accepted us so that’s a good sign.” He sighs when Sunggyu speeds up and walks even faster, but stopping on the side of the road next to the bus stop. Slowly approaching the other, Woohyun wraps his arms around the male and rests his chin on his shoulder. Under his grip he can feel Sunggyu resist but smiles as his body relaxes more into his hold.
 
    Woohyun presses a small kiss onto the shell of Sunggyu’s hair, lips brushing against the recently dyed strawberry colored hair and kissing it too. “Besides, you were the one who suggested we visit them in the first place.” He laughs when his boyfriend tries to jab him in the stomach with his elbow. It was endearing how much Sunggyu acted like he hated Woohyun’s public displays of affection towards him. “Not that I’m blaming you or anything.” He hastily adds on.
 
    Sunggyu turns around in his arms with his face in a sweet smile and kicks Woohyun in the balls.
    Looks like he had added on that last part a bit too late.
 
-
 
    epilogue
 
    They’re both curled up (on the bed this time) with the sheets over their heads and faces pressed into the pillows. Woohyun lifts his head up and yawns, blinking sleepily and looking around. Against the white of the sheets Sunggyu’s red hair stands out prominently and he laughs. He slowly crawls over and pulls the sheets down before lying down on the other’s bare upper half.
 
    “You were too rough last night.” Says Sunggyu’s sleep thick voice, muffled from his face planted into the bed. Woohyun chuckles and rolls Sunggyu over and lies on his stomach.
 
    “Sorry babe. But you had hurt my feelings earlier. Oh and my balls.” He winces at the memory of Sunggyu’s vicious knee and closes his eyes again. The weight shifts on the bed and he cracks open an eye, just in time to see Sunggyu roll off the bed with the sheets around his bare body to cover his bare bottom. Sunggyu walks in the general direction of the bathroom and Woohyun laughs when the other bumps into a wall.
 
    A pillow hits him in the face and he falls back onto the bed.
 
-
 
    They had migrated to the kitchen and were just sitting at the table yawning. Sunggyu was complaining grumpily about the chair hurting his and Woohyun leans over and kisses him to shut him up. In the middle of their kiss, the doorbell rings and they both pulled away confused. They never had visitors, who on earth would visit them at this time in the morning?
 
    Woohyun gets up from the chair and grabs a shirt from the closet near the door, pulling it over his head and making his way towards the door. When he opens it, his jaw goes slack and he nearly faints.
 
    “Who is it Hyunnie?” Sunggyu asks from the table and Woohyun blinks rapidly.
 
    “Woohyun ah, so great to see you, Singapore was amazing! You should have gone with us!”
 
    His parents. Woohyun looks down and sighs. What a way to start a morning. His shirt was even on backwards.
a/n: heuk i wrote this all in one day i’m sorry if it ;;
 
StarlightSpirit: It didn't ! this was amazing! :3 Sunggyu's parents are toooo funny and now they have to do it all over again with Woohyun's :3 Kekeke this was funny and fluffy and I loved it! Thank you!