Random Day At Work

I Was Lost And Then You Found Me (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Eunhye had been working at the office for two weeks now. The first day had been okay, but things had only been good probably due to beginner’s luck. The following days had been pure hell. Her boss was always angry at her, making her fulfill impossible demands. She was on the verge of giving up. He was mistreating her- shouting at her whenever she was in his office and she has had enough. The only thing that made her stay was the fact that she needed the money this job provided. So she couldn’t give up yet, and just swallowed her pride, merely nodded at whatever he said to her, ignoring the piercing stares and hurtful words coming from his mouth- telling her how incompetent she was for the job. He even called her an idiot once when she accidentally spilled his coffee as she entered his office since her hands were shaking so much from fear of him. No one had ever insulted her before when she was still the sole inheritor of the Park Group, everyone was careful with their words whenever they were around her. The only things she’d heard had been praises about how beautiful she’d grown up to be, how smart she was, how fashionable her clothes usually were, and the norm. But she was a nobody now, and she had to accept that miserable truth. Her boss had dominion over her and she was just a normal worker whom he could fire whenever he wanted to so, she decided to keep shut and accept everything that was happening.

 

                Joonmyeon was getting more and more frustrated that she didn’t fight back though. He was bored. She was actually doing okay with everything he’d asked her to do but he just wanted to make her suffer. He wanted her to regret not remembering who he was. He wanted her to give up. He wanted to make her life more miserable than it was right now. He knew nobody had insulted this princess before nor made her work so hard either. She probably had tutors to help her with her assignments back then, maids to fix her things and a cook and butler to prepare her meals. But that was all in the past and she worked for him now so he demanded things that he knew she’d never done before.

 

                “Ms. Park, where’s my lunch?” he asked her with a tone indicating that he was obviously annoyed that she had delivered it late.

 

                “Here it is sir. I tried cooking it the way you said you wanted it,” she replied softly. Her boss had demanded the day before that she cook his lunch for him from now on. But she still had to buy the dessert and coffee he liked from the café at the corner. She had never tried cooking in her entire life, even at her apartment a maid went in daily to cook for her. She wanted to learn though, but the head cook simply shooed her out of his kitchen whenever she sneaked in and tried to observe him make the meals. He had told her that she’d get dirty in a place such as this and that she didn’t need these skills for she could just hire the best cook in town whenever she needed one. She should just live her life and wait to be served. Well he apparently didn’t see it coming, she thought. She was now poor and there was this certain someone who demanded that she’d make him his meals. She has never made someone a meal before either. She’d seen this act from couples in dramas she watched back when she was younger and also at school, but she’s never had a boyfriend so she hasn’t ever felt the need to do this act. She cringed as she handed him the lunchbox. She knew it probably didn’t taste that good which was why she told him quickly after hearing his request that she couldn’t do it, but he insisted and he told her that she had to do whatever he wanted her. So she gave in and just tried her best in making it. She woke up extra early today to make it after watching tons of tutorial videos the night before. She crossed her fingers and hoped that he’d like it.

 

                He took the lunchbox she handed him and saw that she had a hopeful look on her face. She’s quite cute when she looks so submissive like that, unlike that feisty girl I first met wearing a dress full of frills and lace walking around the place, so full of herself, he thought to himself. Joonmyeon set the lunchbox on his desk and opened it. In it he saw this:

                He found it cute. But he was a grown man, not a kindergartener. Why the hell did she make his meal into cute shapes? This woman is so frustrating! Doesn’t she realize that only couples like this stuff? She could’ve just made a simple lunch, not this! She probably watched tons of youtube videos to make this though, he thought to himself. But he couldn’t resist this opportunity to feign annoyance at her.

 

                “What the hell is this, Ms. Park?” he snapped as he pointed at the contents of the lunchbox.

 

               “It’s your lunch sir. You told me that you wanted-“ she was trying to explain when he cut her short and said, “But did I say that you have to make it cute? Are you ridiculing me? Do I in’ look like a 5-year old to you?”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter