Following My Heart

I Was Lost And Then You Found Me (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              “So are you ready to order something, Joonmyeon-sshi?” Eunhye asked the man sitting across her in a small café located on the outskirts of town.

 

              “Yes. But Eunhye-sshi, why did you not tell him you were with me?” Joonmyeon asked her.

 

              Quite taken aback by his straightforwardness, she replied, “Not all things are meant to be said.”

 

              “Alright, if you want to leave things that way,” he said to her. Then he motioned for the waitress to come over and take their orders.

 

              “I’ll be having this and a glass of lemonade as well,” he said as he pointed out to the girl what he wanted.

 

              “How about you Eunhye-sshi?” he asked her.

 

              “Hmm. I’ll just be having this salad and a glass of iced tea,” she replied. The girl nodded and after quickly scribbling their orders onto her notepad, she went away.

 

              The two were silent for a while when Eunhye decided to break the eerie silence between them.

 

              “So how have you been?” she asked him, as she took in how much thinner he was now. His hair was dyed blonde, no wonder his bodyguards hasn’t traced his whereabouts. He certainly didn’t look like the old Joonmyeon who had been her boss.

 

               “I’m fine. Kai took care of everything so I’ve been living well. It just felt like I was taking a break from all the stress,” Joonmyeon smiled at her so genuinely that she couldn’t believe it. It was rare for him to smile that way, Eunhye thought to herself as she admired how handsome he truly was.

 

              “So tell me, how did you manage to find me here?” he asked her, seeking for the truth behind her beautiful eyes that sparkled whenever she talked. He was still in love with her, but he knew that she deserved someone better, someone like, Luhan.

 

 

 

Flashback…

                Eunhye was restless in the office. Luhan was back, and still Joonmyeon was nowhere to be found. She tried thinking of where he’d be and as she looked at the window, she remembered where it all started.

 

              She had met Joonmyeon when they were kids, so that was probably why he was astounded that I didn’t remember him when I applied for this job. Pabo, Eunhye-ah! Sheesh. Wait a minute, so his father is Appa’s bestfriend??? OH MY GOD. Wait, is he the guy I was supposed to be married off to??? Oh dear, what a mess this all is. I know that agreement has been cancelled years back, but does he know about it? . Does he like me? I need answers soon. I can’t face Luhan oppa when I’m confused, I can’t do that to him. What do I do? Maybe I should go and find Joonmyeon. Eunhye stood up and immediately went out of the office and rode the bus to where she thought he’d be. Please, Joonmyeon-sshi, I hope I’m right that you’re waiting for me there.

 

                Eunhye got off the bus and walked a little before spotting the café a few steps away. She prayed that she was right, this was where her heart led her too. This was where it all started, and she knew she had to fix things. She had to know why he hired her, why Suho showed himself, why Joonmyeon vanished, what did the kiss mean, and so much more. She needed him. I’m sorry Luhan oppa, I can’t see you today. I need to know first what this is and figure things out.

 

                Eunhye entered the shop and heard the gentle sound from a wind chime above her head. She looked up and saw that it was uniquely designed with wolves hanging from it. Looking around she realized that the café had a wolf theme. She didn’t remember much of her previous visit here, so it amused her as she noted the details of whoever had designed this café. The lamps hanging above each table were slightly colorful but had wolf silhouette cutouts and a wolf hanging from it as well. Eunhye noticed that there were also many wolf decorations placed on the walls. The place felt homey and she liked it, though the wolf painted on the wall to her right was slightly scary as it bared its fangs and seemed to be glaring at her. She looked around and saw a man sitting alone by the window. He was staring blankly at the view. She felt a sense of familiarity, though his hair color was different from the last time she’s met him. She slowly walked towards him and as she stood only a few more steps behind him, she knew that she had found the one she was looking for.

 

                “Joonmyeon-sshi?” Eunhye stared at the man who was now looking around for the source of her voice.

 

                “I’m right here, and I finally found you,” she said as she approached him.

 

             “Eunhye? Wait… What are you-“ he was too shocked to see the last person he least expected to see after that incident.

 

               “What are you doing here?” He looked around and checked if she was with anyone else. He couldn’t believe his eyes as he saw the woman he tried to forget for a month now, but still couldn’t get off his mind.

 

                “I was looking for you,” she replied.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter