Giving Up

I Was Lost And Then You Found Me (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “So you’ve been here all along,” Eunhye heard his voice from behind. She hurriedly wiped away her tears before she turned and smiled at him.

 

                “Ahh, yes. I-I’m not really family so I thought to let you guys have some time,” she carefully replied.

 

                “Thank you Eunhye-sshi. So let’s continue the talk we had earlier,” Joonmyeon replied as he approached her with a smile. He was walking towards her and she avoided his gaze as her heartbeat raced to his imminent presence.

 

                “W-Will your father be alright?” she asked him, trying to distract him as she changed the topic while they sat down on a nearby bench.

 

                “Only God knows, but thank you for coming here with me,” he sadly smiled at her. There was so much pain in his eyes, and Eunhye wanted to take it away, or at least share his burdens, but knew it wasn’t her place to do so. Now, she was even about to hurt him even further. But this is for the best, right?

 

                “I’ll pray for him,” she offered.

 

                “Thank you,” he smiles at her. “So tell me, why did you look for me?” he asked her. He turned to her and gazed into her brown eyes that never failed to mesmerize him. They had always been clear and honest, and he loved her purity.

 

                “I-I needed to know Joonmyeon-sshi something. I thought needed you to answer my questions. But I guess I don’t need those answers anymore,” she told him with such finality that it made him hold his breath.

 

                “WAIT! What did you want to know?” he asked her as he gripped her arm.

 

                “It doesn’t matter anymore. I have to go,” she said as she tried to pull away from him.

 

                “You’re lying! I can see it in your eyes Eunhye, and the way you avoid my gaze. And you’re wrong! It matters to me, so please tell me!” he pleaded. Joonmyeon looked at her in the eyes as he held her tighter.

 

                “I won’t concern myself with you anymore Mr. Kim. Tomorrow, I will hand in my resignation letter and I’ll go back to school,” she told her.

 

                “So it’s suddenly back to Mr. Kim now? Why? And your company? How will you get it back? I thought you were willing to do ANYTHING Eunhye-sshi. Why are you leaving now?” he asked her. ‘Why are you leaving me?’ was what he really wanted to ask.

 

                “It’s better if I don’t involve you in such selfish motives of mine, Mr. Kim. And, I don’t think it would be alright to work with you again with the incident back then, now that I’m with Luhan,” she told him, and each word was like a dagger to his heart.

 

                Why are you doing this to me Eunhye?

 

                I love you Joonmyeon-sshi, and… I’m sorry, but I have to let you go.

 

                “I-I love Luhan oppa, and I don’t want that to ever happen again and come between us,” she lied through her teeth, fighting her tears that were threatening to fall. And just like a fool he accepted her words as truth as his heart bled due to her words, for he was blinded him from seeing how she trembled as she tried to regain her composure, how she hung her head low to avoid his eyes, and how her voice wavered with each word she managed to get out.

 

                But I love you Eunhye, and I know you can see that. And here you are again, hurting me and breaking my heart. Revenging omma wasn’t supposed to lead me here…

 

                The pain blinded him, and all he can see in front of him was the same woman who had hurt him just like she had done years back. The only difference was this time around, she knowingly did it.

 

                “Fine, do as you wish. You’ll still receive your paycheck for this month,” he gritted his teeth and turned away from her. He still had his pride. He didn’t want her to see the tears that had started to fall from his eyes. He hasn’t cried in a long time, until today – at the café and now. He was getting weak, but this woman had that hold on him. He loved her, but he knew he didn’t deserve her. I told you to listen to me… Joonmyeon heard his voice ring in his head.

 

                “Thank you,” she whispered as he walked away from her. This is for the best Joonmyeon-sshi, please be happy without me in your life. I love you but I need to let you go. All I’ve done is to hurt you and I need to stop and stay away, even if it will kill me.

 

                “Shut up!” Joonmyeon shouted. Eunhye flinched at his sudden outburst, but she accepted his words and stayed silent. Shut up! Shut up! I don’t want to hear you anymore. I’m tired. Go away! I’ll never go away Joonmyeon, why don’t you just give up. Stop trying to save her and let me do my job!

 

                “Don’t thank me Eunhye-sshi. N-Never thank me,” he replied as he looked at her with so much hate before turning away and walking towards the exit. No.. No… I won’t let you… You’ll harm her just like what you did back then! Please, you’re still that stupid boy I protected before. When will you ever grow up? You need to understand that people like her, they don’t deserve your tears Myeon. Just like Naeun-sshi, they have to pay for hurting you.

 

                NO! STOP IT! STOP IT! Joonmyeon shook his head vehemently as his vision blurred before him. His head was hurting so much, and he couldn’t get that voice stop. It was taunting him to give up, and though he knew he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter