Catching Up Part 2

I Was Lost And Then You Found Me (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “You did?” Luhan asked. She nodded. He was shocked that she did, this meant that she wasn’t as oblivious as he thought she would be.

 

                “How?” he asked her.

 

                “Well, that night you confessed and I turned you down, you brought me home, remember? And you acted like everything would still be alright,” she said and added, “I couldn’t sleep that night. I was so bothered that I hurt you.”

 

                “I was tossing and turning in bed until early morn. I couldn’t forget the way you looked as I refused to accept your feelings for me. Even though I knew how much it must have hurt you, you still chose to give me that pendant and promised me that you’ll always be there for me. Right then I knew I’d done you wrong. I realized that I liked you as well. So finally decided to meet up with you the next day. I wanted to talk to you, Luhan-sshi and explain why I rejected your heart that night,” she said.

 

                “What did you-“ he was saying, but she lifted her hand to stop him. She said, “Wait, just let me tell you everything.”

 

                “Alright,” he conceded. Luhan looked at her as she told him what had really happened five years ago.

 

 

Flashback

                “Appa, I’m going to Luhan-oppa’s house,” EunHye told her dad. It was seven-o’clock in the morning and she was up. This wasn’t really a normal sight on a weekend.  Usually she’d sleep in until ten or something which was why her father was wondering what she was up to.

 

                “This early? What will you guys be doing today?” he asked her.

 

                “I just really have to talk to him,” she responded.

 

                “Okay, but eat something first before you go,” he told her. He was smiling at her and Eunhye thought it was fishy but she dismissed that thought.

 

                “Oh! By the way, how did it go?” her mom suddenly asked her as she entered the dining room. Her mother was dressed casually, but she looked elegant and beautiful as always.

 

                “How did what go, Omma?” she asked as she took a bite of the chocolate muffin her dad placed on her plate. She looked at her mother questioningly.

 

                “Oh, you know what I’m talking about,” her mom replied. She laughed at Eunhye who obviously was clueless about it.

 

                “Luhan asked us for our blessing first before he finally asked you out,” her dad replied. He winked at her and said, “So are you two going out already?”

 

                “What? He did that?” she responded. She coughed as she felt the muffin going down the wrong way. Her mom hurriedly gave her a glass of water. She coughed and looked at both of them utterly horrified at what she discovered.

 

                She didn’t realize how much effort her precious Oppa had placed for last night and she just turned him down. Guilt was starting to eat her conscience and she felt that she really had to fix things.

 

                “Aigoo, our daughter’s all grown up now, Yeobo~” her mom said as she patted Eunhye’s back. Her parents enjoyed teasing her knowing she would be embarrassed about things such as these.

 

                “Hon, we don’t mind if you date him. We actually like him for you,” her dad told her.

 

                “Yes, in fact we were thinking about marrying you two off someday. Though it’ll be sad that you won’t be marrying Mr. Kim’s son anymore,” her mom said and added, “If you’re happy with Luhan, then we’ll support you all the way.”

 

                “But-“ she was saying when they cut her off again.

 

                “By the way, is that from him?” his dad asked her as he pointed at the necklace hanging around her neck. She was wearing a light blue thin cotton blouse with a scalloped neckline and dark colored skinny jeans. The necklace had slipped out of the blouse as she bent over and coughed earlier.

 

                “Ahh, yes,” she replied distractedly as she was holding the pendant between her fingers.

 

                Eunhye’s parents were smiling, it was obvious that their daughter liked him. They were glad that their only child had found someone who loves her a lot.

 

                “So, are you two going on a date?” her mom interrupted her thoughts.

 

                “Ani. Omma, Appa,” she said as she looked at her parents with teary eyes. “We’re not really going out. I actually rejected Oppa last night,” she said.

 

                “WHAT?” both her parents shouted. They couldn’t believe what they’ve just heart. They knew she tended to be slow on things like this, but it was Luhan they were talking about! All the business opportunities their marriage would bring would be gone! Besides, they really like him since he’s smart, responsible, talented, and more. He was perfect! Why in the world did she reject him?

 

                “Oh honey! Why did you that? Don’t you like him as well?” her mom prodded. Eunhye saw how sad her parents were at the sudden revelation. The atmosphere had turned from sunny to gloomy in just a few seconds.

 

So they really liked him for me. Aisht. What did you just do Eunhye? But what about the man they’ve arranged for me to marry? Aisht! I rejected Oppa on that notion as well!

 

                “I don’t know. I thought I only see him as a brother, but after last night, I’ve realized that I do like him more than just that. Besides you guys had told me a few months back that I would be marrying Appa’s bestfriend’s son,” she pouted and whined, “I don’t know how to fix this Omma.”

 

                “Well then, just tell him the truth. That last night you were really just confused, and now you’ve realized how you truly feel towards him,” her dad instructed.

 

                “But Appa! What if he hates me now? Aigoo! He’s one of my closest friends, I can’t lose him,” she tells them.

 

                “You’ll lose him if you don’t get going now,” her mom said. Then her parents rushed her to get in the car and talk things out with Luhan.

 

                “Just tell him the truth, okay? Besides, he probably can never hate you honey, he really loves you. It’s rare for people to find the one their destined to be with early in their life. So go get him! Don’t let him get away. Don’t waste this chance honey. And don’t mind the engagement, we’ll just talk with the Kims soon,” her mom said as she kissed Eunhye on her forehead.

 

                “Good luck! Go get him! Hwaiting~” her dad said.

 

 

                Eunhye got in the car and instructed the driver to go to Luhan’s house. She had called him as soon as she woke up but he wasn’t answering any of her calls. She told the driver to hurry. Something in her heart told her that she needs to clarify things as soon as possible.

 

                When Eunhye arrived at the Han residence, she noticed that everything was still and quiet. This wasn’t really how she remembered things to be. Usually Luhan’s younger siblings would be playing loudly in the garden. She saw a maid busily cleaning and decided to approach her and ask for Luhan’s whereabouts.

 

                “Is Luhan-sshi home?” she inquired.

 

                “Aigoo! Oh my! I’m so sorry Miss, I didn’t hear you come in,” the maid responded. She bowed and said, “You just missed the young master, didn’t he inform you that he would be leaving today?”

 

                “He’s leaving? What? No! Oh my god! Where is he headed to?” she asked. She looked around and realized that most of Luhan’s belongings were nowhere to be found.

 

                “He’ll be studying in the States Miss, although I think he finally conceded to this plan just last night. Originally, he rejected the scholarships he was accepted in last month. He was planning on staying and enrolling at Seoul University. Something big must

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter