7

Masks (hiatus)

It was a cloudy Sunday morning when Minwoo woke up from his sleep. Surprisingly, his head was light and clear, there was neither trace nor sense of hangover. 

"Must have been because of the food." Minwoo mumbled to himself, eyes were still closed as the room was quite dim without the natural sunlight. There was a pleasant scent that Minwoo was unsure whom it belonged to, from his experiences of many nights, surely it wasn't of a typical woman, or a typical man since women tend to have strong perfume scents and men are just plain sweats with body odours.

After blinking few times, he realized that his face was buried in a man chest; I know, even though his head was clear, it was still early morning so our guy hadn't been able to recall everything immediately; and his whole body was securely embraced, tight yet soft and comfortable. As he looked up, it was Andy's face which he had never take a close look at because he believed that most, or all, people's faces and expressions are masks. It was unsafe and too risky to trust such thing so why bother to look closely, unless he wants to see through the act, but then again, Andy was different. Andy seemed to be honest, interesting and understanding, even if they have different lifestyles.

Minwoo untangled from the embraced and pulled himself up a bit, placing his head onto his palm while the same arm was supporting his body.Looking closely at Andy's face, Minwoo could see that it doesn't have perfect, flawless skin, it was rather average, a bit rough and uneven with few faded scars that were not visible from a far. There was no attractive double eyelids that most Koreans have, natural or surgical, but Andy's single eyelids were somewhat charming to Minwoo. There was one alluring aspect of Andy's face that enchanted Minwoo, the lips. They were somewhat in between of round lips and heavy lower lip, which gave off a cute, pouty vibe that Minwoo was unconsciously drawn to.

The more Minwoo stared, the more his body moved closer to touch the other. However, Andy couldn't handle the intense staring and breathing from the guy anymore that he had to open his eyes. He was fully awake when Minwoo woke up, it was just that he didn't want the other to know so that he could assess the level of trust Minwoo had in him.

"What are you doing?" Andy pretended to be shocked and snapped at Minwoo.

"Huh? Just looking at you." Minwoo was flustered inside but he didn't show it by acting chic and indifferent.

"Can you not? It's creepy." 

"I can't help it when your face is such a disaster. Don't you use cosmetic, or at least lotion or moisturiser?" Minwoo lashed out at Andy to divert the other's attention from knowing his true feeling, he didn't mind how terrible Andy's appearance is, he rather liked it that way.

"Sorry for shocking you with my face but I don't have all the money in the world like you to spend on such things nor do I have the time to take care of trivial thing. My face is still somewhat bearable and pleasant to look at. Also, your skin is not all that good without the help of lotion since all you do is drinking." Andy vent out his faked anger, he didn't really care as he got off bed.

"You better make some good food!" Minwoo shouted at the disappearing figure, he was addicted to Andy's cooking already, even though he had only tasted it twice.

Since it was the last day of his freedom, Minwoo had decided to stay home and take care of his body, . One couldn't start the day without having a proper cleansing, or at least, that was Minwoo's principle. 

Andy didn't take long to prepare breakfast since he didn't spend ages to wash his face like a particular person that had just entered the kitchen, looking amazing and all. Minwoo was eating while scrolling down his messages, as usual, Dongwan hadn't messaged him, that guy is always hard to get in touch via phone but he was spammed by his dad. It was something about his uncle's party to launch a new line of product. Minwoo was reluctant to go but judging from the amount of texts he got, he knew that he better turn up or else, who knows what would happen to him. 

"Another live stage...." Minwoo mumbled, thinking about all the people he would have to greet and meet there. 

"What's with your expression? Does the food taste bad?" Andy's voice suddenly shook Minwoo off his thoughts.

"It's edible." Minwoo replied, he loved the food, but he just didn't want to praise the other. "Where did you learn to cook?"

"Where? I don't take cooking classes like rich people. I'm just a commoner that had improved my cooking skills from living alone for more than five years, close to ten years now." Andy laughed, remembering the time when he first lived with Eric. It was just instant noodles, three meals a day, seven days a week since Eric couldn't cook at all. Andy was so sick of eating instant noodles that he began to try and cook for himself. After months of trials and errors, and practices, Andy was able to cook decent meals that Eric praised him for it.

"Alone?" Minwoo questioned, he realized that he didn't know much about Andy at all, not even his age.

"My parents passed away when I was young, around 7-8, I think. I had been living in an orphanage till 18. Then, I started to live on my own, getting odd jobs here and there." Andy briefly told Minwoo part of his life.  

"How old are you?" Minwoo asked without noticing that he was interested, truly interested, in another person.

"Twenty six." 

"You're just one year younger than me." Minwoo handed the empty plate to Andy for washing as he stared at the other from head to toe. "Let's go shopping once you're done."

"Why?" Andy asked in a surprised tone.

"You need a makeover, and also, a wardrobe upgrade because we are going to my uncle's party in a few days. Can't let other people see a beggar as my bodyguard." Minwoo clicked his tongue.

"Bodyguard?" Andy's eyes widened, not at the fact that he would be Minwoo's bodyguard but at the shock of how easy it was for him to go to the party, just like that.

"Yeah. Why would I hire another one when I can just get you to come with me? You're my multi-purpose worker that I paid quite a lot."

"But I don't have that much money to spend on shopping." 

"I will deduct it bit by bit from your salary. Let's go." Minwoo ordered.

Both of them spent almost the whole day picking out clothes and cosmetics. Andy was dead tired from trying on so many different clothes and styles that Minwoo had chosen for him whereas the other guy was just sitting in front of the dressing room, judging each outfit as Andy stepped out. And when it came to cosmetics, Andy thought it would be simply picking one but that was not the case. Minwoo carefully tested each of the brand and type to see which one with suit Andy's skin type the most. Andy couldn't even remember how many he had tried and how many times he had to clean his face over and over again so that Minwoo couldn't smear new stuffs on his face. Not once in his life, Andy was cared for in this way. 

However, at least Minwoo had the eyes for fashion as he had picked perfect outfits for Andy that transformed the guy into handsome, attractive young man. Both of them walked out of the department store, Minwoo was all smiling and satisfied, Andy was looking dead and carrying bags and bags of clothes. He was wondering where would he store all the clothes once he completes his plan. His own place was too tiny to even fit a quarter of the stuffs. And that was how their ended, or it was not quite the ending yet.

As soon as they arrived at the apartment, Dongwan was waiting at the door, smiling brightly. 

"Was it long waiting for me, Wannie?" Minwoo asked.

"I missed you like crazy." Dongwan laughed. "I brought our favourite chickens."

"Great!"

"Do you want to join us?" Dongwan asked Andy, whom was too exhausted to talk but still bowed to Dongwan.

"It's okay. Don't mind me." Andy replied.

"Yeah! Don't mind him, he still has to make the frame for me." Minwoo had already dragged Dongwan into his room. 

Andy cursed, how could he forget that Minwoo is just another typical rich young man, how could he believe for a split second that Minwoo was caring for him. 

Get your mind straight Andy, the revenge is coming near. I can't afford to be distracted by such fake kindness. Argh! The frame... Just why did he drag me out shopping for so long when he intended to make me build the frame? I'm so tired...

However, Andy still completed his task and went to bed immediately after, though he  noticed that Dongwan and Minwoo were still up as the light in Minwoo's room was on.

The next few days, Andy's routine was to wake Minwoo up early, prepare breakfast and drive the guy to the company. Thanks to Andy, Minwoo was able to get to work on time everyday so that his dad was happy with him, believing that his son had finally set his mind straight and take up the company. 

There was one thing unchanged though. Minwoo was still getting home late and drunk, whether it was from an after work drink with employees or at a bar with all those women or even by himself at those street vendors. And of course, Andy was always up, waiting for him with warming food though Andy didn't even know why he was trying so hard, maybe it was pity, maybe it was intentional to gain favour or maybe, it was just genuine care.

Every night, Minwoo would make Andy sleep with him as he found that with Andy by his side, he was able to have good deep sleep, without any nightmares. Even though there were few extreme moments, when Minwoo couldn't control his deep rooted habit of satisfying his ual urges that arose from alcohol. He would shower Andy's with ravishing kisses and touches. There was once he was so close to slamming his erected into the other after he had Andy's hole but Minwoo was able to stop himself. It was the disgusted look in Andy's eyes that shook him. 

It was surprising to Minwoo that Andy would let him do all the stuffs, molesting and even almost but it was not surprising to Andy. He had gone through much worse, or even, the worst. Although Minwoo was rough on him, molesting him, it was somewhat gentle, warm, caring and considerate. It was unlike the experiences that Andy had, those were cold, fearful, frightening and painful. One thing that Andy was uncertain was that Minwoo had never crossed the line, they were close to, Minwoo had stopped himself. Andy couldn't understand why as the other seems to love ual , a lot, yet, he hadn't done it with him. He didn't know that no matter how much he think he had gotten use to it, there was fear and hatred from the bottom of his heart that always gets emitted out of his eyes.

 


Looking back at my planning for this fic, if this was my normal fast-paced fic, all this was chapter 4 and the fic would end in 6-7 more chapters since I tend to skip descriptions and slow scenes. And here we are, with this slow-paced style, I've ended up with 8 chapters just to set the story, the mood without much actions and plot development. Hope you guys haven't feel bored of it... ALso, with this pace, I really wonder how many chapters I will have to write before I can wrap it up LOL OTL