4

Masks (hiatus)

Shinhwa Company

"How have you been Minwoo-ssi?" Manager Boom bowed to Minwoo, behind that polite mask was a scheming brain. He was up to Minwoo so that he could move up. Oh just how much he secretly wanted to bash Minwoo, the bastard that doesn't even turn up for work yet he still gets to be the co-CEO.However, Boom could only try to gain favour from Minwoo since the other CEO is frightening and cold-hearted.

 

"Great! I feel sorry that I leave all the work to managers like you." Minwoo laughed.

 

"It's nothing really. You always check the final proposals, reports and such so you already have a handful to do. I'm glad I could be helpful." Boom scratched his head and smiled awkwardly.

 

If you're sorry then quit, lazy bastard! I have been working overtime for days without any extra cent! Don't turn up, I rather kiss up to Seungi right now. He promised to give me a pay rise but that bastard is also a sly one. Because of you always checking the final plan, I couldn't fork out any extra for myself!

 

"So how's the company doing?" Minwoo asked while walking toward the elevator.

 

He must be cursing me for making him do all the work right now. That's what you get for being such an opporturnist, always kissing up to anyone that has power, willing to betray anyone for your own gain. Don't think that I don't know what's you're scheming, trying to gain my uncle's favour huh?

 

"Our Gross Profit Margin and Net Profit Margin have increased significantly. Also, Return On Owner's Equity has risen. Our company just opened a new branch in Cheongdamdong and the sales are great..."

 

"But we are taking out quite a bit of loan. Cut it down before this month end. All those rise probably came from the huge amount of loan was taken out. I think you know that we shouldn't rely too much on external resource or else the company might collapse." Minwoo cut Boom off to point out the obvious, the basic principle in business. 

 

Damn him! I tried to hide the fact that I took out more loan since the cost of opening the new branch was quite huge. Only if he finds out later, then I could have taken some profit for myself. Geez, not like we can go bankrupt that easy. 

 

"I'll discuss the matter later. Prepare all the reports and future planning by 1pm." Minwoo headed out of the elevator as the door opened at the 12th floor. 

 

Inside the CEO's office

An older man, much older, was frowning, his icy aura could freeze the entire office even though it was summer. Clasping both hands together, eyes closed, his forehead was wrinkled, the man seemed to be deeply in serious thoughts.

 

"What's the matter?" Minwoo asked upon his entrance, he was not intimidated by the other's presence, after all, the man was no other but his father.

 

"Oh, you came? It's nothing, just business stuffs. You know why I call for you right?" The man opened his eyes to get a look at his son, it had been awhile.

 

"But you know I will not do it. I can see that you're doing just fine, father."

 

"But you are getting older and so am I. It's time to stop playing around and take over the business. I need a break too, you know."

 

"Then just retire, not like you don't have anyone that can manage it. I want to live my life in my own way, freely."

 

"Grow up already! Also, quit playing around with those s. I've got a girl for you. You're engagement party is next month." His father slid a photo of a pretty girl, most likely to be in her early twenties, across the desk.

 

"What!? You gota be kidding me? What's with the sudden engagement?" Minwoo raised his voice as he stared at the photo. The girl was pretty but to him, she would only be his one-night stand, a woman just like any others.

 

"It's a good business deal. The family would give us a quarter of their assets as wedding gift whereas we only need to give them the status of being a VIP co-partner. You don't need to worry, I'm not forcing you to love her or anything, just marry her, you can still have your ways although I think you should just stop fooling around. Women are deceitful."

 

"But I don't want to. I don't want to live with her, or any woman for my entire life. It would drive me insane. I don't care if it's the best deal or not, I don't care if the business is ruined but you better call off that engagement!" Minwoo almost shouted but he kept his anger well under his breath, after years and years, he had somewhat have a hang of controlling his emotions. He leaned onto the desk, staring into his father eyes intensely.

 

"You can't just do nothing for the company and expecting to be paid. Even if you're my son, you have to contribute you're share that worth enough for the co-CEO status. I can call off the engagement, but you have to come to work, REGULARLY, 5 days a week, 9 to 4. If you don't feel like any of the options then I guess I have to cut all of your credit cards, income sources, not to mention, I can take back the car." An evil smile formed on the older man's face.

 

Damn that old man! Why is he so serious this time? Guess I have to up to it for awhile.

 

"Fine.... I will come to work. But don't ever mention about marriage or engagement ever again. You know I will never do it, and I think you can understand."

 

"Well, my fault to bring you up likes this. Though I had taught you to never trust women, I figured that it's not bad to use them to our advantages. As long as you keep your head, never trust them, never believe in them, never have a slight faith in them then its fine. At least you're not in love with any, just don't get attach to any of those one-night stands."

 

"They are just to toy around, you don't have to worry. I won't fall in love. I'll get going then."

 

"Remember to turn up on Monday." With that, Minwoo exited the office. At least he still had the weekend before his life turns monotonously boring.

 

While heading out, Minwoo fished out his phone and called Andy.

"Pick me up in 10 minutes." Minwoo abruptly hung up before he even get a response. Scrolling down his contact list, he dialed Dongwan's number.

 

"Hey, bastard. Missing me already?" Dongwan asked before Minwoo could greet.

 

"Of course, Wannie. You know how much I love you. Free to hang out right now? I can pick you up."

 

"Hahaha but you know I love you more. I have a meeting in 5 minutes but I will finish it quickly. Maybe half an hour?"

 

“Your office?”

 

“As always. Can’t wait to see you, Bongie.” Minwoo could visualize the other’s grinning face.

 

“Your thought, mine thought, are the same.” Minwoo chuckled, Dongwan was the only few that get to know the real Lee Minwoo, well, not real real but somewhat closest to the real.

 

Standing in front of Shinhwa Company, Minwoo glanced at his watch.

 

30 seconds....

 

A loud screech. His car had just arrived in time. Minwoo smirked as he saw Andy opened the door.

 

"You made it." 

 

"Of course! What do you take me for? At least I can do my job properly, unlike a certain someone." Andy replied with a grin while opening the back door for Minwoo.

 

"I thought you would be busy washing my clothes. Don't tell me you put them in the washing machine instead of hand wash?"

 

"I was in the middle of it but I had to rush here. Thanks a lot!" Andy grumbled. "Where do you need to go so urgently?"

 

"To Dongwan's office, I'm picking him up to the bar."

 

"Again?"

 

"Wannie just got back so I'm gona shower him with love." 

 

"Heh? I didn't know you are like that.... Considering all those women..." Andy raised his eyebrows.

 

"He's special." And silence filled the space for the rest of the drive.

 


OMG!! Can't believe that I finally updated this :DDD Even I, myself, am very excited :) Hope I haven't lost any of you readers yet. Sorry for my long long hiatus >< but yea... life was hectic as I mentioned in other fics. But you know what, I can't stop myself from watching the 15th concert over and over again, also other shinhwa related videos coz it cheered me up through such hard times :) "Gido" is now on my repeat list :DD Also, hope this update was worth your waiting, thanks to those patiently waited.