From a different perspective

Masks (hiatus)

Inside an abandoned house, a few months back

"Give me the code!" The man wearing a cap demanded.

"I can't!" The other replied while his tied up body was shaking from fear.

"Guess I have to use some force then." The man punched the frightened guy in the stomach with a dreadful, lifeless look in his eyes.

 

The victim was clenching his teeth as he took the blow but the pain was too enormous that he had to let out a scream. The torture continued as punches was hitting his stomach continously but what more fearful was the stare from the torturer. The sharp, spooky glare pierced through him, threatened his life without any word spoken. Every single atom in his body was vibrating violently, screaming that he must flee for his life. That glare was more than enough to make anyone obey but the victim couldn't give in. He was entrusted with the secret code and he had to protect it. It was his job.

 

"Not going to spit it out?" The man finally had stopped the physical attacks as he sensed that the victim was about to pass out. He wanted to get the code as quick as possible because he had a mountain of work to do. 

"I didn't want to play this petty trick but I have to open that mouth of yours somehow." The man was holding a photo of a family. He lit up the photo with a lighter, smirked at his victim as he saw desperation in the other's eyes.

"Spit out the code and I'll guarantee their safety." The man coldly threw the burnt out photo to the ground. He was cruel and heartless but little did the victim know, behind that emotionless mask, the man was actually hurting.

 

I don't want to do this to an innocent person but I have to! Please, just tell me the code already. I don't want to harm you nor your family. I really wish that you weren't involved in this. I don't want you to go through this horrifying experience. Please, I don't want to be cruel to someone like you, someone that is just a pawn in this twisted conspiracy.

 

"Please, don't touch them." The victim cried. "I'll tell you. I'll tell you!" He couldn't gamble his family's safety for some stupid code that he had been entrusted.

"Tell me." The man demanded in his intimidating voice.

"Promise their safety first."

"I promise."

"It's 24031998." The victim confessed. He was taken back when the man untied the rope around his hands. He thought he would be killed or locked up forever.

"Flee to somewhere faraway with your family. Don't let that person catch you or else, all my effort of letting you go would be pointless." The man said with an indifferent tone.

 

Please run away, go abroad if possible. Just don't get caught. I don't want you or your family get involve any further. I don't want anymore life loss just because someone want to prevent me from finding the truth. I really wish I could help you but I can't reveal my identity.

 

"You're letting me go?" The victim timidly asked in disbelief.

"Just forget everything that had happened and start a new life." With that, the man left his victim dumfounded. He had gone outside, started up his car engine and headed for the basement.

 

As soon as he had reached the basement, the man rushed into the room, dropped his body onto a chair and started up the computer.

"The Birds, you go work in that room. I want some private time." Eric ordered Hyesung and Junjin, whom were having fun with each other while analyzing the stock market. The Birds was the code for their unit, consisting of the two of them, Hyesung was Mama Bird and Junjin was Baby Bird.

"Take your time." The Birds obediently retreated into the small room.

"What's with the rush?" Eric asked the man while he was rubbing his eyes. Before the man's entrance, Eric was sleeping on the couch since he was tired from playing with Gomdori, his dog.

"I just obtained the code." The man answered as he typed in the code. "Hmmm 24031998 huh? I wonder what it stands for, just a random series of code. No wonder why I couldn't hack the code." He mumbled to himself.

"That was quick! Did you change into Zomdy again?"

"You know I always do when I deal with this kind of matter. It's quicker that way since I had been chasing around for so long already." Andy replied while waiting for the file to unlock. Can't it load any quicker? I can't wait to get my hand on the guy. Revenge surely sounds sweet.

"Well, Zomdy is famous in the underground world, they fear you so I guess it's the best way but I don't want to see that cruel side of you often." Eric shrugged. "It's scary." He cutely whined and faked a scared face.

"Hahahahaha..... Not like you're any less famous than me, Zomric. The world is cruel, I've learnt it the hard way so what's wrong with me returning the favour?" Andy laughed heartitly, he could only show his real side when he is in the basement with Eric and the other members  of the pack.

 

They had their own secrets and  motives but they worked together under Eric since Eric had brought them together. Each of them had made a deal with Eric in exchange for their personal needs. Andy liked the guy for his straight-forwar attitude, no hiding, deceiving or restricting, well, not with the members. As long as Andy fulfill his part of the deal, Eric would let him do whatever he want without being nosy but Andy always told the guy about his plan anyway. Eric was the type that can be trusted as he doesn't give a damn about others unless it affects himself.

 

"I'm only famous because I have you, genius! You're the original." Eric yawned while doing some stretching. The file was opened and Andy once again focused on the screen.

"Hmmmm so Lee Seungi knows something about that person. His security system is too tight though." Andy mumbled as he scrolled down the file. "Ohhh... Lee Minwoo is his nephew? Maybe I can get around somehow..."

"How about befriending that Minwoo guy?" Eric suggested.

"I'm thinking of doing so but that means I will take a lot of days off work. Are you ok with that?"

"As long as you return once a week or once per fortnight? I have The Birds to work for me. It's part of the deal that your plan is the priority."

"I'll try to finish it quickly and return. Can't really trust you with high tech stuffs. I don't want to get caught yet."

"I'm not that bad..." Eric pouted, how unfitting for a man in his mid-thirties, especially when he was the head of an illegal stockbroker organisation. The organisation was not only dealing with stock but also hacking into big companies to steal plans for industrial spies and other illegal businesses. 

"Lee Minwoo seems to be a playboy huh? He visits clubs everynight and sleeps with random girls." Andy mumbled as he researched his target. "It's gona be tough, this type of people  normally is arrogant since they have money, power and time on their hands. Well, I have some tactics against this."

"Who care!!! I'm leaving, have fun!" Eric said as he exited the basement, leaving Andy alone to do his strategy planning. He knew well enough that Andy doesn't like others knowing too much of his personal matters.

 

------------------------------------------

First meeting

Andy was watching Minwoo from a not so far distance to analyze the target's personality so that he could make a successful approach. That playful mask was to cover the arrogant attitude and Andy had seen through it but not entirely. 

This type usually takes interest in an unique personality, someone that is fresh, extraordinary, stubborn. It's gona be a hard role to play then but it's exciting. I need to get into my character now.

Through Eric's connection, Andy was allowed to be a one-time worker at the hotel that Minwoo visited that night. It was his plan to make the first encounter memorable so that Minwoo would chase after him. When Minwoo handed him the tips, Andy was giggling inside his head.

I can make much more money than this in 15 minutes. I don't need your petty, dirty cash. If I reject this right now, he would totally be confused and intrugued. It's disgusting when rich people throw their money away like it's nothing.

The next morning, Andy had setted up a play with the hotel's owner to trick Minwoo. As soon as he saw the other in the elevator, Andy knew his plan was a success. 

Idiot! Just because you're curious, it doesn't mean you can hire someone straight away. Well, the quicker I get close to him, the better for me! You really think you can read me like a book? Sorry but it's the other way around. You're just an amateur. Ordering me around is nothing, your orders are nothing compare to Eric.

After he had dropped off Minwoo, Andy headed for the basement, he needed to help Eric out while the Birds were on vacation. Also, he needed Eric's help to complete his mission impossible errand since the guy knew a lot of connections.

You can never toy with me, Lee Minwoo.

Andy was overjoyed when Minwoo asked him to move in yet he was acting annoyed and shocked.

Moving in as a punishment? It's a gift to me I tell you! Seem like everything will go smoothly and soon, my revenge can be completed. 

 

 

 

 


The mysterious identity is disclosed :)) Sorry to Lee Seungi fans but I'm making him Minwoo's relative coz they share the same last name. Just re-read my older fics and I realised I had been writing longer chapters lately, so happy :DDD

Currently watching 14th anni concert for the 10th time and i still love every bits of it <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 SHINHWA JJANG!!