10

Masks (hiatus)

Minwoo had returned from the cafe around mid-noon, and to Andy’s surprise, the other guy wasn’t drunk nor did his body have any lingering smell of alcohol. Andy let out a relieved breath as he didn’t go to the basement while Minwoo was gone today, he was a bit lazy so he had decided to take a nap on the sofa or else it would be deep trouble.

I want to get some advice from the Birds as they had already succeeded their revenge but I guess that has be another time...I might have rushed everything too quickly, maybe that’s why things don’t go smoothly anymore... I should take my time, waiting for few more months is nothing since I have endured for more than fifteen years already....

“You’re early?” Andy asked.

“Because you told me to, didn’t you?” Minwoo replied as he dropped his body onto the sofa, net to Andy.

“I didn’t expect you to listen, you never did...” Andy wondered at Minwoo’s sudden change of behaviour.

“Because I have found a reason to change.” Minwoo smiled, a genuine smile.

“You must be in a really good mood to smile like that.” Andy was fascinated by that smile, the smile that he thought Minwoo would never be capable of showing.

“So you can see that it’s my real smile?” Minwoo questioned.

“ Somewhat...” Andy mumbled as he regretted, he shouldn’t have blurted that out, it might provoke suspicion in Minwoo but he couldn’t help it when he see the other smile so... happily.

“I’ll be in my room, don’t disturb me until night fall.” Minwoo stood up and headed for his room.

“But don’t you want dinner?” 

“Call me when it’s ready. Just don’t step into the room. A knock on the door would do.”

This is weird... Just what is he planning?... Or more like, what is wrong with him?... Did something happen between him and Dongwan?... But it must be a good thing that had happened right? Since his mood is high and bright... I wonder what..... Wait... Why do I care?... Since when did I become nosy and interested in such thing?.... Get a hold of yourself, Andy....

Andy shook his head as he cleared the thoughts in his mind, but his heart was tugging at him, telling him otherwise. It was bothering him so much that he was so out of it that he didn’t realise that he was staring at an empty fridge for more than five minutes.

“Ah... I need to buy some groceries... How could I forget?” Andy hit his head as he took the car key on the kitchen bench.

“I’m going to shop.” He shouted loudly, his voice resonated in the apartment so that Minwoo would hear but it didn’t really matter, the other was also immersed in his own thoughts.

Hmmm... What should I get?... Maybe beef for bulgogi?... But abalone is good for stamina, but then it would take too long to clean and all...

Andy pondered around the market, making rounds and rounds of circling but he couldn’t quite decide on what to buy yet. Just when he was spacing out, some familiar voices were calling him.

“Andy!” They belonged to Eric, Hyesung and Junjin, it seemed like the other had decided to go shopping for food as well.

“What are you doing here?” Eric asked.

“Just getting some stuffs for dinner...” Andy replied.

“So when are you returning to us? You should have done whatever you needed to at the party last time right?” Hyesung quietly whispered, he wanted Andy to come back as soon as possible since he couldn’t handle Eric anymore. His boss was just hopeless at technology that if he touches something, a disaster would descend and Hyesung couldn’t just always keep an eye on the guy when he had tons of work to do.

“Eh... about that.... I’m not quite done with it yet... I need a lot more time... How is your plan?” Andy stuttered, embarrassed.

“Oh... it’s delightful. That guy is in Hell right now, a living hell.” Junjin chuckled.

“Quit talking about everything in such space. We’re here to celebrate and enjoy our time. Let’s get some food. You can come with us too, Andy.” Eric shoved them toward the food outlets.

“I’m sorry, maybe next time. I’ve got to return.” Andy scratched his head.

“Alright.” Eric grinned, and then whispered into the other’s ear before sending him off. “You must love to be with him, don’t you? Enjoy you time.”

Andy bid his goodbye with his head hung, confused at what Eric had just said.

Do I? It’s not like I hate living with Minwoo but isn’t it just because I need to? And what does he mean by enjoy? I’m busy with thinking how to progress my revenge here....

Andy had come back to the apartment, before entering, he let out a heavy sigh to recollect himself. As he blankly chopped up the onions, Andy didn’t even realise that he had cut himself in the process, not until when he was surprised to see the red stains on the white onions.

“!” Andy cursed as he calmly walked into the bathroom to get bandaids. Don’t ask me why but Minwoo like to keep his first aids kit and medicine in the cupboard in the bathroom. At least he wasn’t too out of his mind so the food was still look and taste amazing like always.

“Dinner is ready.” Andy knocked onto Minwoo’s door as he was told but there was no response.

He knocked again. Silence.

Andy was curious and contemplating to open that door but he stopped himself and returned to the kitchen.

Now, let me rewind time a bit so that we can take a look at what Minwoo was going through when he had locked himself in his room.

As soon as Minwoo entered his room, he threw his body on the bed, one arm placed on his forehead. He was frustrated as he didn’t know how to start the conversation, how to be honest about his feeling, how to confess.

Should I just tell him straight in the face, I like you. Just like that? No, that’s too absurd and reckless. He wouldn’t take it seriously. But then, how?

Minwoo tossed around on the bed, how did he confess before?

But then that was different... I can’t do the same thing with all that balloons and cheesy stuffs to Andy, he’s a guy for god’s sake. That would just be plain weird and disgusting...

Minwoo buried his face in the pillow, trying to squeeze some senses out of his mind to come up with a reasonable idea. Without any idea, Minwoo stood up, and looked out his glass window, such a cold city view, but he didn’t care, he was almost pounding onto the window with his fist that he didn’t hear Andy announcing his leave. And just like that, Minwoo the rest of time that Andy had gone shopping thinking, to the point that he was bursting to go to toilet but he couldn’t. He was worried to see Andy, even though the guy wasn’t there, such irony, but yes, he was flustered to be in love or more like, to acknowledge that he is in love.

Aish... I don’t know anymore...

Minwoo heard the knock on his door, but he didn’t even want to answer. He was panicking.

What to do.....

And again.

Be a man, Minwoo. I have plenty of experience in acting, stay calm.

Muttered up all his courage, Minwoo exited his room.

“What had taken you so long?” Andy asked.

“Uhm.. nothing.” Minwoo sat down and quickly finish the food that was plated out for him.

“Were you starving? Just take your time.” Andy commented as he watched Minwoo inhaled the food in a flash.

“Come to my room. I need to talk to you.” Minwoo mumbled as he left. Andy immediately followed, worried about the sudden seriousness.

Did he notice? Did he realise that I’m using him? But how? There weren’t any mistakes that I made beside just then...

Both of them were sitting on the bed, silently glancing at each other. Minwoo suddenly grabbed hold of Andy’s hand.

“I might sound crazy but... Wait... What happened?” Minwoo had just noticed the bandaid on Andy’s finger.

“I cut myself while chopping onion, nothing too serious. What you were saying?”

“Uhm.... so... you might think I’m crazy and disgusting and all but I...” Minwoo took a deep breath and looked in Andy’s eyes. “I like you.”

“Okay. No, I don’t think you’re disgusting, I already know about your preference. Crazy? Maybe... Why do you like me? And in what way?” Andy calmly replied, he was surprised but he didn’t react violently, that wouldn’t be of any help to the situation.

“Well, uhm... You just have that serene aura and you are the one that care for me, not for my wealth or anything. You don’t seem to give a damn about anything.... In a good way, you know... To sum it up, I feel it, my body is relaxed around you that I can be myself, I need you.” Minwoo blurted out everything, it might or might not make sense but it was from the bottom of his heart.

“It’s a bit sudden... I will give you a definite answer tomorrow. And I will sleep in my room tonight, I need some alone time.” Andy replied.

“Alright. I’m glad that you’re not too confronted with my sudden confession.” Minwoo smiled, it was much better than he had expected.

Andy opened the door to his room, the place that he didn’t even get to sleep in much since he had always been in Minwoo’s room for almost every night. His head was sorting out the event that had just happened. He couldn’t believe that Minwoo wasn’t in love, or at least feel something, with Dongwan but it was him.

This is crazy and so out of hand!! What should I do? Wait, why do I have to think twice? Isn’t it clear to reject him? But... What is this feeling that keep on pricking me... Could it be..?

Andy shook his head. He stared at the ceiling, trying to calm himself down.

Fine, let think about it, carefully. Do I like him?....

His heart started to beat faster at the thought.

Alright... so I do like him...but wouldn’t that be troublesome for my plan?

Andy sudden feel a pain in his chest, it was like his body was against him.

So my body and heart want to accept that guy? Oh brain... what should I do? But it can be beneficial to me too, I can get inside Shinhwa Company’s circle quicker to find out about that guy.... It’s not a bad idea after all...

Andy’s train of thoughts were interrupted as he heard loud noises coming from the room next door. He immediately rushed over to see that Minwoo was throwing a ruckus in his sleep and he was screaming something that Andy couldn’t quite understand but he didn’t have the heart to try and decipher.

“No.....Don’t...” That was something Minwoo had screamed out, Andy guessed the guy was trying to stop something from happening in his dream. However, he was too busy trying to calm the other down to actually listen to the whole screaming. Minwoo suddenly opened his eyes, painting heavily after Andy had embraced him for awhile.

“Sorry that I have troubled you again, when you had clearly said that you need time alone.” Minwoo apologetically said to Andy.

“It’s alright. You can’t help it. It’s been awhile that I have been wondering why you have nightmare.... If you would like to tell.” Andy asked, trying to sound like he was not prying or anything because he was actually concerned for Minwoo.

“It was something that had happened long long time ago. I had never tell anyone, not even Dongwan, but somehow, I think I can tell you.” Minwoo spoke in a slow manner, as if it was something he didn’t want to bring up. But he did anyway since his heart told him to. 

 


This is the longest fic that I have ever wrote (for now), it is exceeding 20000+ words that it can be considered as a novella O.o Never once I imagine that I would be able to write a novella.... but considering this story is no where near ending yet, I might even exceed 60000 words by the ending, which become a novel, should I strife for a novel? Do comment as I love to see comments :DD

And Shinhwa 10th Concert arrived, I cried watching it TT.TT really worth the money, and Shinhwa Music Video Collection 2003-2007 (they came as a combo) was soo cool, I get to see behind the scenes of so many MVs xD I can't wait for State of the art concert to arrive xD

And Im falling for G.O.D nowaday, their ballad-ish songs are so nice, the lone duckling and the story of our lives are my favourite. Indeed, 1st gen idols are legendary and amazing. But shinhwa is no 1 for me, always :3

Last but not least, where are orange mafias? We are losing on mwave championship.... not to mention there are many other polls as well. Keep voting shinhwa changjo!!