5

Masks (hiatus)

Dongwan was already waiting in front of the building when Minwoo's car arrived. He thought the guy would come out from his driver sit as usual but to his surprise, Minwoo was at the back, waving at him through the wound down window.

"Wannie ~~" Minwoo grinned as hugged his friend, whom just got into the car.

"Bongie~~" Dongwan smiled back, it was completely normal for him, this level of skinship was nothing to what they share. "So what's the matter? And why aren't you driving?"

"This is the toy that I mentioned before..." Minwoo whispered into Dongwan's ear.

"He's Andy, my housekeeper and personal driver." Minwoo loudly introduced.

"He's living with you?" Dongwan rolled his eyes, it was rare for Minwoo to let anyone stay that close to him without knowing the person in detail.

"Are you jealous?" Minwoo teasingly pinched Dongwan's cheek.

"So what if I am? Will you kick him out?" Dongwan pouted.

"Oh... you know I'm free. You can't bind me down."

"I know, that's why we can still talk like this, isn't it?" Both of them were having fun at the back of the car while Andy stole glances at them through the rear mirror. The guy couldn't understand Minwoo's way of living at all, not to mention all the playing around with women, and now, men. However, he still had to observe his target, to gain his trust so that he can quickly slip into Lee Seungi's house, gather the information.

The car had reached its destination, Minwoo and Dongwan stepped out, Andy was about to drive off when Minwoo shouted to him.

"Yah! Remember to leave the door unlock, I'll be late." And with that, the two men cooly walked into the bar.

After booking a VIP private room, ordering food and drink, Dongwan tried to start a conversation when Minwoo was just drinking glass after glass.

"So what's bothering you that you had to call me out of the blue like this?"

"The old man is getting ridiculous. He tried to set me up with some rich girl."

"Isn't that always the case?"

"But he even tried to set up an actual marriage this time. At least I avoided it by promising to come to work regularly, but you know how much I hate it. And who knows till when he will set another marriage..."

"That old man of yours probably has something up his sleeves. But you have to get married sooner or later, why don't you just pick a pretty one?" 

"Yah! I hate women, I despite them. Marriage? Forget it! I rather marry you than anyone." 

"Said the one who sleep around every night. Want me to look up whatever your dad has up his sleeves?" Dongwan asked.

"Love you..." Minwoo sloppily kissed Dongwan's cheek. 

"So, what have you been doing to that poor guy? Have you been molesting him?" Dongwan asked, venting out his curiosity.

"Nothing much... Just ordering him to do houseworks, which he is totally good at it..." Minwoo mumbled. "What should I do to make him suffer, Wannie?"

"Aren't you already torturing him by making him live with you? I don't want you to make anyone suffer you know..." Dongwan pitied the drunken guy, he couldn't change him back to who he once was nor could he really leave the guy. The only person Minwoo had was Dongwan, he would collapse and lose his mind if this last string of hope leave him.

"Don't act all high and mighty to me! The world is just lies and betrayal." Minwoo suddenly got mad. "If you don't put up a front, you're doomed. It's either play or be played."

"I got it... Let's just drink and forget all the awful stuffs that had happened..." Dongwan couldn't help but let Minwoo drink, the guy's heart was too scattered and scarred.

 

Minwoo's house

Andy was busying himself with the chores that Minwoo had ordered him. It was nothing too difficult as Andy had been working as a housekeeper before, for a mansion, not an apartment. He quickly finished of the laundries, carefully folded them neatly. After glancing at his watch, he could see that he had handful of time to do some search.

Sneaked into Minwoo's bedroom, Andy found the laptop was sitting on the desk, covered in dust. He doubted that Minwoo would keep anything important in it as the item seemed to be untouched for a long time but it was better to check then miss out something. Also, he could use the laptop to hack into other networks without worrying about being traced. 

Andy cautiously opened and turned the laptop on without letting the dust fall off. He must retain its original state so that Minwoo wouldn't notice. As soon as the laptop was turned out, Andy performed a few simple hacking to figure the password to log in. He scanned thoroughly through all the files but he couldn't find anything of his interest. Logging into Minwoo's email, as he skimmed through, Andy discovered that Minwoo is invited to Lee Seungi's party in a few days.

Perfect chance to infiltrate that tight security. Now, I just need to make that Minwoo accept the invitation. Since it's a formal party, he probably has to go, he's a CEO after all. But still, I have to prepare some plans to ensure 100% success. 

Andy hacked to Shinhwa Company's system, which he couldn't before because of the tight security, he could only infiltrate the outer network. But with Minwoo's laptop in his possession, Andy was finally able to peel off that thick layers of firewalls. It was a great discovery for Andy as he found out how rotten the company is, on the surface, it was just a very successful firm with legit activities. However, as Andy digged in, some files surfaced, hinting at hidden tradings, most likely are investments in money laundering. 

No wonder why the guy I'm looking for is related to this company. The rotten bastard must get all his money from this to buy that power. I better make copies of this while I can access them.

Andy immediately pulled out a micro SD card, not a USB since USB is too common and noticable, to transfer the files. He also emailed himself through several accounts and covered up all the traces so that he can always have back up. While the files were transfering, he searched up more information on the Internet, regarding Lee Seungi, Lee So Man and almost the whole family registry.

Time seemed to fly when Andy was doing his search, it was already dark outside when he looked up and out of the glass window in Minwoo's room. He softly closed the shutted down laptop, examinated it in detail so that it would look untouched. He scanned the whole room a few times before leaving to ensure that he didn't leave any traces, it was habitual to him, a good one that he had to practice for many years to perfect. 

It was late at night, or should I say early morning when the door of the apartment creaked open. The loud noises of stumbling steps, of occassional collision with walls had woken Andy up but he didn't bother to get out of bed. He knew the owner of those noises.

Minwoo wobbly walked toward his room but instead of entering his, he entered the room next to it. Since Andy's room was mostly empty, Minwoo had no trouble throwing himself onto the bed, he was unbalanced, but that didn't trouble him. Minwoo must have mastered walking while being totally wasted. As he tugged himself under the blanket, he found himself touching a warm body, such an inviting comfort.

Minwoo swiftly rolled on top of that body, started to plant ravishing kisses on the other's face and neck while his hands were the skin underneath the thin night gown. 

What the is he doing? He's just too damn drunk. Aish!!

Andy cursed in his mind as he was surprised by Minwoo's attack but he wasn't out of composure. He had to think of a proper counterattack. Instead of pushing the drunken guy off, Andy was merely stiffening his body, acting like a piece of log. Minwoo was getting irritated when he didn't get any kind of reaction from the other, not even slightest arousal nor rejection. He stared into Andy's eyes to see fear and disgust, that somewhat shook him back to his senses and the alcohol finally hit him. Minwoo dropped onto Andy as he snore soundly, drifting into his sleep. 

Oh what? That was a bit disappointing... I thought he was such player and womanizer, yet, he couldn't even make me hard... And he's so heavy, why did he had to fall on me? At least roll aside...

Andy smirked. He nimbly pushed Minwoo off himself so that he could breath and get some sleep. 

Why is he always drunk I wonder... He sleeps with women and maybe men but he doesn't seem to have any feelings for them... More like he hates them, but then again, he seems to be affectionate to that Dongwan guy... Maybe I should look into that, it can be use against him... 

 

The next morning

 

Andy had woken up early to prepare breakfast and hangover soup for Minwoo as he somewhat pitied the guy. But it was a disappointment to him since Minwoo woke up near mid-day. The breakfast had gone cold and Andy had to make lunch instead. While he was cooking lunch, Minwoo was sitting by the kitchen bench, sipping the rewarmed hangover soup.

"How was last night?" Minwoo asked as he recalled bits and pieces of the night.

"Nothing much." Andy replied in a monotonous tone.

"Didn't I do something?" Minwoo's expression was quizzical.

"If by something, you mean suddenly throw yourself on my bed, kissing and touching all over, then yes. If that something mean , then no. We weren't anywhere close to have when you were just too wasted."

Minwoo was surprised by Andy's blunt answer. He couldn't believe that the other had just said all that with a I-don't-care attitude.

"Don't you find it disgusting?"

"No? Drunken people do all sorts of weird things and also, I know your personal preference. It was not that strange you know." Andy handed a plate full of healthy food to Minwoo which gave the guy another surprise. It had been a long time since Minwoo had a taste of homemade food. There was a small warmness that somewhat melted a tiny bit of his hard, frozen heart. It had been a long time since anyone care for him, beside Dongwan, without all the motives, obvious or not, to get his money, his status. 

"Anything you want me to do? I had cleaned the apartment, inside out, apart from your room since I believe it's personal. Unless you want me to."  Andy asked while washing the utensils.

"Hmm.... I just want to rest today..." Minwoo was amazed at himself, finally, a rest day, after months, or was it years of playing around without missing one day. His body must have given in to that purifying hangover soup. "Just come to my room when you're done."

Andy entered the room to find Minwoo was listening to music with his earphones plugged in, his eyes were closed, it was such a calming sight. Andy decided to leave the room as he assumed the other was sleeping but Minwoo called him.

"Come here." Still closing his eyes, Minwoo patted the spot on the bed, next to himself.

Following the order, Andy sat onto the bed. He was startled when Minwoo place his head on top of his lap. 

"Do you want to listen?" Minwoo handed the piece of earphone which Andy plugged it into his ear straight away.

The songs were gently, melodious but the agonizing voice conveyed heart-breaking feelings. A/N: Series of ballads from Hyesung, Junjin and Dongwan e.g: Why did you call, Tick Tock, It would be nice if it were you, Words of love, Handkerchief,... 

Minwoo was sleeping soundly, his face was somewhat childlike to Andy, one that had suffered a lot. After staring at the sleeping face for endless time, Andy found himself unconsciously caressing the other's hair and jawline but he didn't mind since his mind was also drowsy. Soon, both of them were sleeping peacefully, temporarily forgetting about the real world and their troubles. It was such a beautiful sight.

 


UPDATED!!! 

God how much I missed writing this fic! But I have to put it on hiatus now because of exams, and after exams, it's full work mode so yea... hopefully I get to write another chapter before another long hiatus or else... this is THE update :)