April Fool...

Masks (hiatus)

“You are Andy Lee?” Lee Seungi commented while squinting his eyes at the interviewee. Skimming through the profile, the man before him was very talented. He was one of the top ten scorers for the written test, also, he had completed the situational test in the shortest time with perfection. He was just the perfect candidate for the secretary position since his background seemed pretty normal to Seungi. There was no indication of connection to Minwoo as far as he concerned.

“I’m the forever cute guy that shoot hearts of passion, Andy.” Andy replied excitedly as he took out some hearts from his pocket. It was a skill that he had prepared just for the panel interview. He was embarrassed but with his shameless mask on, all the panel judges could see was a cute confident young man.

“That was an interesting introduction.” One of the panel judge commented with a wide smile on.

“Why did you pick our company?”

“It has always been my dream to work for Shinhwa Company because of the family-like environment. As I was an orphan from a young age, I has always been longing for the warmth of family atmosphere. I can feel the loyal in each of the employee and the executive member. You are very impressive and inspirational people with many accomplishments that had inspired me into wanting to achieve the same thing.” Andy recited his well-prepared speech, not forgetting to make it sound as natural and convincing as possible.

The interview went by uneventfully or more like, the panel was taken by surprise of how well Andy answered their sticky questions. Even after the interview had ended, Andy had exited the room, he still had to keep the act. He knew well that it was not over until he is at least outside of the building. As Andy walked out of the building, he took a taxi to the basement.

From a close distant, there was a man gazing at Andy’s departure, his gaze was filled with sadness.

The basement was empty upon Andy’s arrival. There was an eerie air dominated the room. Andy quickly glanced around to find the others but they were nowhere in sight.

“That’s strange.” Andy mumbled as he approached his desk. A skull image was flashing on the screen of his computer.

Andy sat down and analyzed the image. It was a computer virus named Sniper, a highly infectious virus that is extremely difficult to code. It is used to steal confidential files. Andy knew how to decode it but the process would take a while, also, the virus did not bother him as much as the person behind it. There were not many people that can encode such virus, Andy only knew the Birds could be capable in do so.

Andy furrowed his eyebrows as he struggled to decode the virus. A time bomb suddenly appeared.

“Damn. I took a wrong approach.” Andy let out a heavy sigh and tried to concentrate on decoding.

As the time bomb defused, Andy successfully unlocked his computer. He quickly ran a deep thorough scan to check for any lost file. However, to his surprise, Andy found a new unclassified file.

As he read through the file, Andy was shocked. The information was bizarre, it was almost as if his world was shattered all over again. As he doubted the data, Andy read it again and again, trying to fault, trying to find an indication of a fake report but the file was too flawless, too real. 

There was sound of footsteps, Andy looked up to see Eric had just entered.

“What’s wrong with you? Your face doesn’t look good. It looks like all the blood has drained from you.” Eric commented upon seeing Andy.

“YOU!” Andy shouted.

“Me?” Eric asked back, slightly confused with the sudden shout.

“You liar…” Andy stood up and grabbed Eric’s collar. There was bloodlust in his eyes, it was almost as if he could engulf Eric just by staring.

“About what?” Eric nonchalantly asked, he was still holding a piece of chicken that he had just ordered from Chicken Mania.

“So I was just a toy in the balm of your hand. So I was just living while thinking of how indebted I am to you. But little did I know that you…” Andy stopped to take a breath, anger was swelling up and blocked his throat. “You were the culprit.”

“What are you going to do?”

“Haven’t I already told you countless of time already?” Andy replied, trying to sound as cold as he could but there was sadness in his tone.

“Go ahead.” Eric cringed his face, waiting for his terrifying execution.

The room suddenly boomed with uncontrolled laughter. Andy was tickling Eric all over. The Birds just happened to pop in with boxes of chicken and grinned as they walked pass.

As soon as they returned, the Birds pulled their party poppers upon Eric and Andy.

“April Fool!” Both of them shouted while Andy and Eric were frowning and confused.

“So it was really you guys that messed with my computer?” Andy asked.

“Yeah, don’t you love the file?” Junjin grinned.

“Yah, you almost got me killed from laughing. And my chicken.” Eric complained with tears (from too much laughing) in his eyes as he looked at the piece of chicken on the ground. “And how did you know that I stole Andy’s accounts and characters from all those games?”

“Huh? So you really did stole his hard work? I only created it for April Fool” Hyesung answered with a surprised tone. “Anyway, let’s forget this and enjoy our chicken. It’s my treat today.”

“Oh well, at least I get more chicken.” Eric shrugged as he dived into one of the boxes.

“At least I get to know that Eric has been using my accounts now. Not like I’m going to play again time soon so it’s better that he’s using it. I just hope that my rank will not drop.” Andy smiled while wishing that Minwoo would not come up with any April Fool trick tonight.


So I updated this April Fool chapter, a very very short chapter lolz Why? because everyone is updating theirs. I'm in a very serious procrasting mode right now so I'm very sorry for not updating this fic. 

Can't believe that I wrote this chapter because tomorrow I have 1750 words essay due and I have not started TT.TT Anyway, congrat to Shinhwa and Shinhwa Changjo, this comeback we have 10 wins :) 

Oh, and I was about to make the file to state that Eric is the murderer but I guess that would take thing too far lolz