2

Masks (hiatus)

 

 

 

It was already ten in the morning but Minwoo was too lazy to get out of bed. It was not because he wanted to sleep more, he had been having insomnia for years that even if he tries, he just couldn't sleep. It was because he wanted to be alone, by himself in this comfortable bed instead of meeting with fake people that he always met. Everyday was the same, plain, boring and full of fakeness. Rolling on his bed, Minwoo let out a yawn, he had to get up eventually.

 

"What should I do today? Should I pick up some girls and mess with them?" He mumbled to himself as he opened the curtain, letting the sun light shone on his morning face. As he looked down, outside the window, he noticed a familiar figured keeping his head down in front of another man. It seemed like the guy was being scolded for whatever it was.

 

"Maybe I should get a new toy..." Minwoo continued to mumble while dressing himself up, putting on his usual mask, the charming smile. His mind was already planning on millions of things to do with his new toy. As he rushed down, he met his target in the elevator. Andy was putting on a service smile while trying to hide his sadness.

 

"Hey, it's you again." Minwoo said with a fake surprised tone.

"Yeah. You remember me?" Andy asked, not many people would remember someone they had only met briefly once.

"Of course. You were somewhat different, you didn't accept the tips. And what's with the solemn face? Something happened?"

"It's nothing." Andy was surprised, he thought he controlled his expression.

"I could see through that smile, something upseting must have happened right?"

"Um... I just got fired because I accidentally scratched a customer's car when I was parking it." Andy let out a heavy sighed.

"Do you have other job?" 

"I'll look for new jobs tomorrow, hopefully I can find a place soon."

"Wana work for me?" Minwoo offered, this was the perfect chance to get his new toy.

"But what do I do? Do you even have money to hire me?" Andy was laughing, the idea was absurb, no one would hire a stranger that they just met the second time.

"Just run errands for me. Money? Don't worry about it. Don't you know who I am?" Minwoo raised his eyebrows, most people would know who he is.

"Nope, who are you?"

"Lee Minwoo, co-CEO of Shinhwa Company, now do I seem to have enough money to hire you?"

"You? A CEO?" Andy gasped.

"Is it that surprising?" 

"You just don't seem like one." Andy honestly replied.

"So will you work for me?" Minwoo asked while he was reading the other's facial expression. Andy seemed to be honest, more honest than most people that he had met. Not like it's matter, I just need some funs to kill the time.

"Yes." The elevator opened, they had arrived at the ground level. 

"Fetch my car." Minwoo threw his car key to Andy, who just barely caught  the key.

 

After a while, both of them were on the road, Andy was driving but he didn't know where both of them heading to.

"Where are we going?"

"Just drive around, I'll decide where to stop if something catches my eyes." Minwoo replied while laying back at the back seat.

"Don't you go to work? You're a CEO." Andy asked as he began to doubt the other's identity.

"Meeh... They don't need me there, the company is fine on its own. I'm sick of facing them anyway."

"Facing who?"

"The old people that are hungry for power and money, they always put on smiling face in front of me, trying to up to me so that I will favour them. But when I turn my back on them, they will surely take the chance and backstab me. Sly bastards." 

"The world is deceitful." 

"Totally. Stop here, go and get me an Americano." Minwoo demanded as he suddenly felt like drinking coffee.

"Seriously?" Andy asked, a bit annoyed by the moodswing of the other but he got out of the car anyway.

 

While Andy was gone, Minwoo's phone rang, looking at the caller, he smiled.

"What do you want?" He said as he picked up the call.

"Let's meet up, haven't seen you for ages. I saw you in the club last night but you seemed busy." There were laughters from the other man.

"Sure! How was Japan trip? Got any girls?" 

"It was a business trip, I didn't even have time to take photos of Mount Fuji. Where do you want to meet up? Our regular place?"

"Yeah. See you there soon, like in 20 minutes? Gota get off the phone now." Minwoo chuckled. He hung up as he saw Andy was walking toward the car with coffee in his hand.

"Here your coffee. What's with the sudden craving? Are you always like this?" Andy asked as he fastened his seat belt.

"I think so. Can you drive to the Shin Club?" Minwoo answered while taking a sip from the coffee, he needed that extra caffeine for his mind to stay clear.

"Clubbing at this hour?"

"Just meeting up with my friend. You can drive around or take a break after this because I probably stay till late. What's your number? So I can call you later."

"0xxxxxxxxx and the name is Andy."

"Oh yeah, I didn't ask for your name. How forgetful of me. On your free time, can you buy these things for me? I made a list." Minwoo smirked. He wouldn't let his toy have an easy break, most of the things he had listed cannot be bought in Seoul. 

"Sure.  When do you need it?" 

"Hmmm.... Tomorrow afternoon is the lastest. And if you fail, you'll be punished." Just thinking of the punishments made Minwoo grinned. 

"Punishment? I'll make sure to meet the deadline then." Andy laughed it off.

They had arrived at the club, Minwoo entered and disappeared from Andy's sight as the other drove off to complete his errand.

 

Reading the list, Andy let out a sigh, he didn't know Minwoo was this mean to make him buy stuffs that aren't even available in Seoul. Cursing his unfortunate fortune, he wondered when will he be able to buy it all, not to mention that his deadline is tomorrow. Minwoo must really want me to be punished, he wants to toy with people, doesn't he? Well, not with me, I'll surely find a way to buy all this and throw it in his face. Can't wait to see his shocked face. Andy was grinning as he setted off.

 

At a basement, somewhere in Seoul

Eric was lazying around, he didn't want to look at the computer screen and do the analysis of the stock market but he couldn't help it. His most talented subordinate was out for quite a while and the others were having their once a year vacation. 

"I'll make sure that they can never take vacations at the same time again!" Eric mumbled. 

The door suddenly flung opened, his saviour had arrived.

"You're back! Finally!" Eric screamed out of happiness, he almost jumped onto the other guy.

"Yeah! Can't trust you with all this alone. When will the others return?" The guy asked as he quickly screened the computer and made adjustments here and there.

"They'll be back tomorrow. How's your plan going?"

"It's going well." The guy replied while his fingers were typing codes on the keyboard in a flash. His eyes were focusing on the screen as endless series of numbers appeared.

"Are you really going to kill that person?" Eric nervously asked with a concerned look.

"Yeah, isn't there a saying that revenge is the sweetest? Why are you worried anyway? It doesn't concern you."

"I don't want to lose such an IT genius like you. I can't make any money if I lose you."

"Not like your business is any safe, if we get caught, that would be the end of us." The guy laughed hysterically.

"Just hope that you won't kill him. That's all. It's your decision. I don't mind as long as you do your part for me." Eric sighed as he flopped his body on the sofa.

"Oh, can you get this for me?" The guy asked.

"You gota be kidding, aish... bothersome!" Eric agitatedly whined.

 

 


Chapter 2 is here with lots of conversation, I was having a writing block when I was writing this because I didn't know how to fill in the parts to make the story flow. Anyway, hopefully it works :D I won't be able to update frequently after Tuesday TT.TT so updates will take longer, maybe one chapter a week? Maybe you can check out my other fics if you haven't read them :)